HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:29 PM
Joined Mar 2009
73 Posts
Discussion
Flying clubs/ sites around Dallas/Ft. Worth?

We're leaving tomorrow for the Dallas/ Ft. Worth area, to visit family for Thanksgiving. Are there any clubs or flying sites around? Should I bring a plane?
Thanks,
JR
JRinAZ&MN is offline Find More Posts by JRinAZ&MN
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:00 PM
Mark LSF # 3792
United States, TX, Garland
Joined Nov 2008
418 Posts
Yes, SLNT is still alive and well. Have you not heard of the TNT? We usually fun fly at two different sites. Eastfield College on the southeast side of Dallas is our primary AMA insured site for fun flying and small contests. SH 407 @ I35E north of Lewisville is a rouge field we meet at quite often as well to fun fly.

Here's a link to our web site. You can sign up for e-mail notifications of fun fly sessions there as well. Don't know how much action we will have this week with turkey day and all. PM me if you like, I'll try to respond as soon as I can, this week is still a work week for me.

http://www.slnt.org/slnt/Welcome.html

Mark
Soarmark is online now Find More Posts by Soarmark
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:55 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,670 Posts
Answered your PM. Not sure about the contest Sunday. Maybe Dan will answer you... But... He's a Marine so you never know...
schrederman is online now Find More Posts by schrederman