SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:17 PM
United States, SC, Columbia
Joined May 2010
1,363 Posts
Discussion
Anyone had trouble getting orders from Masterairscrew.com

Just curious if anyone has had trouble ordering from them. They've always been quick to ship in the past. I ordered some GF series props a few weeks ago and my bank was debited, but still no props and worse, no replies to my e-mail inquiries with my order number.
RknRusty is offline Find More Posts by RknRusty
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:56 PM
Joined May 2010
1,363 Posts
They don't answer the phones either. (916) 631-8385
I hope they haven't fallen on hard times.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:47 PM
United States, SD
Joined Aug 2010
1,069 Posts
I tried to order a couple MA props from my LHS and the guy said they were backordered????? I hope they aren't going out of buisness.
Kyler1 is online now Find More Posts by Kyler1
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:52 PM
Joined May 2010
1,363 Posts
Me too. I'm glad my order was only $13 bucks. They should put a message on their website... but then people would quit sending them money. I did get an order confirmation in my e-mail, and then it took two weeks for the money to be debited from my account.They are the only vendor I use that doesn't have a Paypal option for this very reason. I might need to find a new favorite prop. I cut their GF series 6x3 props down to 5.5, 5.25, and 5" for my 1/2A CL planes.

I re-posted this in the Vendor Talk forum. Maybe those guys will have some idea of what's going on. I broke the rules by cross posting. I hope the moderators forgive me.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined May 2010
1,363 Posts
They came priority mail, shipped Monday. I also got an e-mail apology and 4 extra props.
Sorry for the panic, but the phone silence really got me worried with no Paypal backup.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:07 PM
Closed Account
Joined Feb 2006
433 Posts
Sounds like they are trying to retain customers. Wonder if the events on the east coast perhaps affected their supply channels (manufacturing materials, tooling, shipping materials, etc.)
OkiThumper is offline Find More Posts by OkiThumper
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:27 AM
Joined May 2010
1,363 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiThumper View Post
Sounds like they are trying to retain customers. Wonder if the events on the east coast perhaps affected their supply channels (manufacturing materials, tooling, shipping materials, etc.)
Could have. They're in California, but no telling where their materials come from. Them not responding to my e-mails and the unanswered phone call is what really got me going. I was in the customer service business for many years, and that's the most elementary rule of good service.

But everybody stumbles now and then. She seemed sincere in her apology, and the bonus props was nice too. So I'll go back to them, I just wish they had a Paypal option. That's the only non-Paypal vendor I use.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:41 PM
Closed Account
Joined Feb 2006
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RknRusty View Post
Could have. They're in California, but no telling where their materials come from. Them not responding to my e-mails and the unanswered phone call is what really got me going. I was in the customer service business for many years, and that's the most elementary rule of good service.

But everybody stumbles now and then. She seemed sincere in her apology, and the bonus props was nice too. So I'll go back to them, I just wish they had a Paypal option. That's the only non-Paypal vendor I use.
Oh, it could have been something as simple as, when the bottom dropped out say with a hold up on materials, their production dwindled. Then distributors started complaining, after that the hobby shops, to be followed by direct order customers. They could have been simply inundated with calls.

Oh, and I just wanted to add, the storm on the east coast also affected any shipping from overseas, which could have also bottlenecked things.

I think the fact they tossed in a couple props as a good will gesture signifies their trying to make things good.
Last edited by OkiThumper; Nov 22, 2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Added additional comment.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:01 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,141 Posts
I found it interesting that some things I ordered from, for example, Hobby King, seem to go through the New York Customs terminals instead of the ones in San Francisco or Los Angeles or Portland. I watched the tracking information a couple of times and saw where the package languished in NYC for over 30 days before it was allowed to continue. It was worse at around Christmas time too.

So yeah I can see how the Hurricane that hit the New England area would affect shipping a whole lot.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:29 AM
Closed Account
Joined Feb 2006
433 Posts
I had a package that was held up by USPS / Customs for 3 weeks. It was International Air Mail, took 2 days from Hong Kong to US West Coast. Then went into holding. This was for a motorcycle LED turn light flash relay I purchased for under $5 US, shipping included. This was over 2 months ago, before the storms hit US East Coast.

Recently though, I had another item from Hong Kong, an ESC. It wasn't delayed and I received it in a week's time from placing the order.