SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:36 AM
FunkMaster
United States, OH, Mason
Joined Jan 2011
246 Posts
Help!
Bouncing Text on OSD

I'm having an issue with all of the text coming from the OSD. When the ESC has the motor running, the text on my screen bounces up/down to the point where I can't read it. The video coming from the camera is fine and stable but not the text. At very low RPM it is very slight but as I increase the throttle, the bouncing gets worse. The strange thing is that at above 90% throttle (or so) the text stabilizes to almost normal although there is still some slight jumping.

I use the balance port on one of my batteries to power the video. I use a CC 10amp BEC to supply power to the electronics and I bypass the BEC supplied by the ESC.

Thoughts on what I can do about this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kent
KentF is offline Find More Posts by KentF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: JTM 1.7m ViperJet
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:53 PM
FunkMaster
United States, OH, Mason
Joined Jan 2011
246 Posts
Here is a video of the jumping text

IMG 0565 (0 min 32 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:07 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Hi Kent,

Sorry for the jumping text issue.

We get occasional reports of this. I think they have all been solved by improving the ground connection between the camera, the OSD, and the video transmitter. Can you confirm how you have those wired? There needs to be a ground connection that goes directly to all 3 of them (the ground pins of the OSD are all connected together).
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:21 PM
FunkMaster
United States, OH, Mason
Joined Jan 2011
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Hi Kent,

Sorry for the jumping text issue.

We get occasional reports of this. I think they have all been solved by improving the ground connection between the camera, the OSD, and the video transmitter. Can you confirm how you have those wired? There needs to be a ground connection that goes directly to all 3 of them (the ground pins of the OSD are all connected together).
Bill....you da man!!

I didn't have a ground wire going to the OSD video IN. I added that ground and no more jitters.

Thanks for the assistance.

Kent
RCG Plus Member