SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:06 AM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
978 Posts
Help!
Power 10 - Prop shaft adjusment...

Is it possible to adjust the prop shaft on the power 10? I took the collar off the back and loosened the 2 grub screws up front, but no movement. I didn't want to smack it with a hammer or something stupid until i got some further information.

The problem i am having is my prop adapter is meeting the motor's "body," if you will, before the grub screw in the prop adapter can sit in the little groove on the prop shaft. In turn when i go to take off, no matter how tight i have the grub screw on the prop adapter, the spinner is just popping off.

This picture shows a Power 15 but i could not find a power 10 pic that illustrates the groove in the prop shaft i am referring to.

Is it possible to slide the shaft a little further out (towards the nose) so my grub screw can fit in this groove and have a flat surface to press against?
xfatdannx is offline Find More Posts by xfatdannx
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:07 AM
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,205 Posts
You can't slide the shaft forward any further 'cos the shaft will pull out of the rear bearing or, at least, not have enough sticking out the back to re-fit the collar. I'd get a Dremel and widen the groove.
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:55 AM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
978 Posts
Any other input on this? I have 2 power 10's (one in each of my PZ Mustangs) and i looked at them...The prop shaft is different on each. Is that just "how they are made" or are they in fact adjustable?
xfatdannx is offline Find More Posts by xfatdannx