HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:26 AM
Lou
AMA? Not needed, too expensive
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,805 Posts
Question
Any U.S. vendors for micro motors and parts?

Before anyone trounces me to badly, I have searched and read this board. The problem is that many of the links in the stickies and other threads are no longer valid links. As well, many of the linked vendors are European.

Whom are the U.S/Canadian vendors that sell motors and other goodies for these micro planes?

thanks
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:44 AM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,456 Posts
What are you looking for? Any Horizon or Great Planes dealer can get you their parts (motors, servos, bricks, etc.)

Then there is BSD Micro RC http://www.bsdmicrorc.com/
Homefly.com http://www.homefly.com/
Nick Leichty at http://microflierradio.com/
Plantraco at http://www.microflight.com/
etc.
Petefoss is online now Find More Posts by Petefoss
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:58 AM
Lou
Joined Dec 2005
5,805 Posts
Hello Pete, ... thanks for the links. I am just developing an interest in micro so I have an interest in everything. I know so little about this end of the hobby and have no good frame of reference of vendors or build techniques.

Your links are a good start for me as it gives me a set of vendors that I can use.

regards,
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:00 PM
Gunbarrel, CO
Joined Dec 2006
115 Posts
Go to redrocket.com for all spare parts for Horizon micro products. These are great for scratch builders. Also look at hobbyking.com
alset is offline Find More Posts by alset
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:55 PM
Lou
Joined Dec 2005
5,805 Posts
Redrocket.com? Went there and maybe I am missing something, but thay look to sell toys for children. I did not see where they carried HZ replacement parts.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:49 PM
Gunbarrel, CO
Joined Dec 2006
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alset View Post
Go to redrocket.com for all spare parts for Horizon micro products. These are great for scratch builders. Also look at hobbyking.com
Very sorry. It's redrockethobbies.com.
alset is offline Find More Posts by alset
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:10 PM
Lou
Joined Dec 2005
5,805 Posts
No problem I have them bookmarked now. Many thanks.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:04 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
What are you trying to build?

Horizon Hobbies (Parkzone, Hobbyzone, Eflite) and Hobbico (Flyzone) have lots of cheap spare parts for their micro planes that make excellent components for Scratchbuilt micro planes... And you can use real, modern computer radios, like a DX8 to fly them.

Wholesale Trains is an excellent source of discount parts from HH and Hobbico (and planes) and have free shipping on orders over $150.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:30 PM
Lou
Joined Dec 2005
5,805 Posts
Not entirely sure just yet.

I have a rather large box of Depron foam in 3, 5 and 6 mm thickness and I am interested in a few of the Guillows kits. I need to find items like AP-05 motors, ESC and the such. I know I can use the HH/PZ/EF bricks and parts but I would like to also see what else is available from other manufacturers and vendors.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:39 AM
I live on LiPos
United States, DE
Joined Jul 2012
691 Posts
I use parkflyer plastics for some canopy upgrades
RcAirplaneNoob is offline Find More Posts by RcAirplaneNoob