Joined Apr 2012
1,509 Posts
Discussion
Lemon Rx - DSM2 Receivers.

UPDATE:
So far, we've seen that these Rxes are:

1) Smaller than the OrangeRx
2) Lighter than the OrangeRx
3) Full range, no less than the OrangeRx, maybe farther but unproven. Some Spektrum Rx's theoretically are longer range, but these Lemons will still put you out beyond eyesight range.
4) Better quality components than the OrangeRx. (No big electrolytic cap, ceramics instead)
5) Lower voltage tolerance than the OrangeRx (2.8v!)
5) Higher voltage tolerance than the OrangeRx (10.2v!)
6) Cheaper than/Same price as the OrangeRx!
7) Comes in end-pin, top-pin, and no-pin versions.
8) Much better looking than those awful orange thingies.

We've also seen that their customer service is astounding. fmak2 is a 'Lemon Rx Officer' and consistently answers questions by community members, even in-depth technical questions. They also have taken many suggestions for products and released them within a few weeks.

~
- The original LemonRxs at the time of this initial thread post were only top-pin versions.
- We told fmak2, that they would be more popular as end-pin versions. Within days, end-pin LemonRxs were available on his site.
- After some people suggested no-pins would be nice to have, Lemon soon released a no-pin version.
- Lemon has shown that they listen to their prospective customers, releasing a product that they requested within a matter of weeks. That's simply amazing if you ask me.
~

And here's an absolutely excellent video review by dvogonen that shows just how superior the LemonRx's are to Oranges:
LemonRx Feather Leight DSM2 receiver test and review (12 min 23 sec)

http://www.lemon-rx.com
acetech09 is offline Find More Posts by acetech09
Last edited by acetech09; Aug 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:47 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2012
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acetech09 View Post
Remember a while ago the ads here on RCgroups for the "OrangeRx" recievers that were uncovered and on black PCBs? The ones that looked like plain and simple knockoffs of the true orangeRx's?

Well, they're back. As Lemon Rx.

http://www.lemon-rx.com/

I'm truly curious to see how these work. The fact that at one point they tried to advertise under "OrangeRx" has me skeptical, but they look like very tiny and light recievers, if they work.

I don't know how new these are, but has anyone tried these out?
A knock off of another knockoff with a name like that is just asking for trouble. Sorry they might be fine receivers, I just had to add the irony of the situation combined with the name of the product!
LatinP is offline Find More Posts by LatinP
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:49 AM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Apr 2012
1,509 Posts
That's why I asked. Their first knockoff knockoff knocked off the knockoff a bit too much, so the renamed the knockoff knockoff as to not overly knockoff the knockoff.

They look nice though - quite compact and light.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:08 AM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,661 Posts
It's just funny the way all the reviewers talk about stability and how stable their receivers are, what does it mean and who says that anyway.

A.
AndyOne is offline Find More Posts by AndyOne
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:32 AM
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2004
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyOne View Post
It's just funny the way all the reviewers talk about stability and how stable their receivers are, what does it mean and who says that anyway.

A.
I have a bunch of the "Bootleg" spektrum Rx's from Target Hobby, and I've never had an issue with them. (I think they are only $4 right now)

With that said... I don't try to use them in anything big. They only go into cheap park-flyers.

Anyway... I would try one, if I didn't have a dozen other small Rx's in shop.
Dr Honda is offline Find More Posts by Dr Honda
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:48 PM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,661 Posts
They're probably OK for the money but I think the reviews could be a bit bogus.

A.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:16 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,488 Posts
The name is a bit funny, it would be ironic if they were "lemons". LOL. As inexpensive as they are (even shipping) , It's worth a try for a short range foamy.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:56 AM
no discrimination, I crash all
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Nov 2011
315 Posts
had to laugh at the name

someone should make a "crap" transmitter

that way when somebody ask at the field what gear you use?
"just my crap transmitter and lemon rx"
ncsky is offline Find More Posts by ncsky
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:03 AM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,661 Posts
In the UK we had a supplier of Eflight parts called Giant Cod, we think because the previous owner was a keen fisherman but it was taken over and the new owners renamed it Giant Shark. Did they not understand the meaning of the term "shark" and its connotations in the business world.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:27 PM
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Nov 2005
853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyOne View Post

A.
Funny you mention that, if you look at the 3rd "reviewer" apparently Jason Cole of Hobby Lobby has an identical twin named Mike Young from the UK.....

pure BS reviews. the product itself is prob fine though. wonder if the Value hobby rx's are made by them?
smasher41 is online now Find More Posts by smasher41
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:15 PM
Stop sniffin the glue kid!
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Nov 2012
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Honda View Post
I have a bunch of the "Bootleg" spektrum Rx's from Target Hobby, and I've never had an issue with them. (I think they are only $4 right now)

With that said... I don't try to use them in anything big. They only go into cheap park-flyers.

Anyway... I would try one, if I didn't have a dozen other small Rx's in shop.

Which receivers did you order from targethobby? I was looking at the Ar6100 as they are only ones for $3.99!!
Captainlarsen is offline Find More Posts by Captainlarsen
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:30 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
i wish somebody would clone flysky rx for $3 and change like they used to be. and shrink them down to a gram or two like these "lemons" are.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:58 PM
Almada - Portugal
Joined Oct 2004
108 Posts
I tested today a so called lemonrx in a 2 meter glider, I flew as far as my eyes could see, never lost control, it's good enough for me, I will probably buy another one or two. I just wish they had a case or shrink tube and maybe a 7/9 channel's option.
Rpinto is offline Find More Posts by Rpinto
Old Dec 02, 2012, 02:06 PM
Stop sniffin the glue kid!
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Nov 2012
28 Posts
Is it safe to order from lemon via Credit card? My card isnt accepted by paypal :c
Captainlarsen is offline Find More Posts by Captainlarsen
Old Dec 02, 2012, 02:17 PM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Apr 2012
1,509 Posts
Although it's probably safe, I wouldn't trust it unless it was really necessary.