SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:21 AM
Lou
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityevader View Post
Is that a combined total of all pins concurrently?
From the MPX site and listed under the green 6 pin connector ..

Gold-plated contacts, Versatile polarised connector. Suitable for high-current connections handling up to 35 A (60 A for 30 seconds) when configured as a 2 x 3-pin connection, e.g. for drive batteries, speed controllers and motors, and other plug-in connections.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Lou; Nov 20, 2012 at 12:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:22 AM
Be an organ donor
Little Rock, AR. U.S.A via U.K
Joined May 2004
1,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by txg8gxp View Post
My build is a eflite mystique, with 2 piece plug in wings. So I want the connectors glued/epoxyied into the wing/fuse. What do you guys like to use? Epoxy, welders, etc?
Something I was advised to do when I used MPX connectors on my Dragonfly Strong was: Don't glue both both parts of the plug into their respective area. Leave one "floating." Reasoning is, if the wing should separate slightly from the fuse, electical contact could be lost. So, I decided to glue the wing plug, but leave the fuse plug loose. The chances of the connector going back into the fuse in my model is pretty slim, but if it did it is recoverable easier, but the wing not so without surgery.
Before someone says it, I do use tape at the wing/fuse join, so the separation should never happen, but we've all met Murphy and his infamous Law, right?
kwmtrubrit is offline Find More Posts by kwmtrubrit
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:50 AM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmtrubrit View Post
Something I was advised to do when I used MPX connectors on my Dragonfly Strong was: Don't glue both both parts of the plug into their respective area. Leave one "floating." Reasoning is, if the wing should separate slightly from the fuse, electical contact could be lost. So, I decided to glue the wing plug, but leave the fuse plug loose. The chances of the connector going back into the fuse in my model is pretty slim, but if it did it is recoverable easier, but the wing not so without surgery.
Before someone says it, I do use tape at the wing/fuse join, so the separation should never happen, but we've all met Murphy and his infamous Law, right?
Swings and roundabouts. The other side of the argument is that the constant man-handling of the "floating" connector is far more likely to result in a broken wire connection... Plus, I have never seen a wing pull out in flight (on landing, sure, but that's not a problem).

Having said that, I use "floating" connectors unless it's a connection secured by a bolted-down wing panel !

Chris
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:34 AM
United States, WI, Waunakee
Joined Oct 2002
2,727 Posts
DB-9's work for me in most cases. For Multiplex plugs I sell them with these mounts. They of course come in male and female types. It addresses the issue that I have with the Multiplex plugs. That being that need to be glued in place and I would rather have them screw mounted for easier access in case of issues that need to be addressed quickly. Ever since I had a wire go bad at a contest and dug out the connector and fixed it and then CA in the connector. Only to have the connector glued together when a drop of CA ran into the connection.
Mark Miller is offline Find More Posts by Mark Miller
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:45 AM
Lou
Joined Dec 2005
5,643 Posts
.... never mind
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Lou; Nov 21, 2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:50 AM
Lou
Joined Dec 2005
5,643 Posts
never mind again
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Lou; Nov 21, 2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:01 PM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Miller View Post
DB-9's work for me in most cases. For Multiplex plugs I sell them with these mounts. They of course come in male and female types. It addresses the issue that I have with the Multiplex plugs. That being that need to be glued in place and I would rather have them screw mounted for easier access in case of issues that need to be addressed quickly. Ever since I had a wire go bad at a contest and dug out the connector and fixed it and then CA in the connector. Only to have the connector glued together when a drop of CA ran into the connection.
That's a nice solution.
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1