HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by bwoollia, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:27 PM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,447 Posts
Mini-Review
Turnigy 1/16 Brushless 4WD Mini Rally Extreme: What's in the Box, Drive Testing

bwoollia is offline Find More Posts by bwoollia
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:47 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,782 Posts
OK, saw that video. Is this the only thread about this car? Does anyone own it? I have one in the box and am about to get it set up. I also have a 1/18 Turnigy stadium truck and it requires a healthy amount of expo on the throttle and steering. I assume this will need the same.
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:58 PM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,447 Posts
This is the only thread on RCG (as far as I know). There is a healthy thread here: http://ultimaterc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146998

There is no need for expo at all, it runs very well with the inexpensive 2ch transmitter. This rally car is much "tighter" than the 1/18th Stadium truck.
bwoollia is offline Find More Posts by bwoollia
Old Nov 01, 2014, 02:46 PM
UH-1 Gunship, AH-1G jock 69-71
So Cal ... Kingdom of Taxes
Joined Nov 2008
458 Posts
Lets get this Thread active again!

I just ordered one of these, the Extreme Edition after reading as much as I could find online. There are lots of YouTube "Unboxing" and minor "review" commentary, though most read like Paid Infomercials for HobbyKing (no negative comment meant for HobbyKing, you gotta get publicity anyway you can). From what little I've read, this Turnigy Brushless 4WD Mini Rally Extreme is very well built, well engineered - perhaps even better than the Traxxas Rally VXL 1/16th Scale Brushless Rally with it weak Dogbones - and more than acceptable speed with a 2S LiPO. Plenty of Great Reasons for me to buy one and mod it for racing Rally (I've been racing 1/10 and 1/8 scale SCT and Buggies for a few years now, but still learning). This car is a steal from what I see.

The only negatives I've read from reviewers and owners have been: poor or no oil in the shocks, shocks that are all plastic, plastic Spur Gear, a VERY marginal 25A ESC with no cooling fan, a possibly weak steering servo, minimal choices for replacement Brushless motors (because of the size used) and no body post adjustments which may limit replacement poly body choices. Now, nearly all of these are pretty easily remedied as you upgrade, if you chose to do or may have to do as things break.

So here are the YouTube reviews and such that I found, if you haven't seen any, or need to be convinced to try one, it's cheap enough to not skip a Car payment, like buying a Traxxas or AE rally will.

I like this guys videos, very good.
Unboxing: Hobby King - Turnigy 4WD Mini Rally Extreme ARR 1/16 Scale

Turnigy Brushless Mini Rally Extreme 1/16 scale 4WD First run

A really early "Unboxing" from 2012 (they come in a Retail Box now!)

Smells more like an Infomercial for HobbyKing, but you get decent, tho minimal info - Turnigy 1/16 scale Mini Rally Extreme RC Car

Speak Ruskie or eastern Slavic? You might understand this good one -
Turnigy Rally car 1/16 (Brushless 4WD Mini Rally - Extreme Edition ) обзорчик

Either this goof was trying to prove Durability, or he's just a RC Masochist ?
Turnigy Rally car (1/16 Brushless 4WD Mini Rally - Extreme Edition )

In case you're thinking about buying the NOT Extreme version, ... I sure wish these Brits would learn to speak American English .... very hard to understand.
Turnigy 1/16 Mini Brushless Rally Car Closer Look

So lets get this Thread resurrected, cause the users over at ultimaterc.com/forums are pretty snobby if you're not one of their "click"
makeitworst is offline Find More Posts by makeitworst
Last edited by makeitworst; Nov 01, 2014 at 07:39 PM.