HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by DJO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:21 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,522 Posts
Alert
Episode 36: Gorgeous, NEW Flying Spot, FPV Friendly! + Lots of PopWing Fun with Dad

Episode 36: Gorgeous, NEW Flying Spot, FPV Friendly! + Lots of PopWing Fun with Dad (7 min 40 sec)

Episode 36 of the FPV PROJECT!

STAY TUNED FOR 1.3 GHz FPV stuff! Coming VERY soon! SUBSCRIBE!!!!!

New place to take off/land is totally rad! Love the view and the fact that it'll get my patch antenna up high. Direct LOS to those little hills in the background. Google Earth is showing them about a little over 3 miles away. Maybe way in the future someday I'll fly out to them! Anyways, I'm totally impressed by what I found and it looks like it's going to be a winner. However, landing is pretty interesting

Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:40 PM
Love Flying History
United States, VA, Front Royal
Joined Sep 2011
769 Posts
Nice field Dan,
You should get some nice air videos from there. Looked like you had fun and thats the main thing in this hobby. Keep up the great work.

Loyd
mustangloyd is online now Find More Posts by mustangloyd
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:45 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,522 Posts
Hehehe yeah it was a blast. The whole reason that I flew from there was because I was recovering my downed plane after I (sort of) flew directly into a tree what else is new. Hey, that tree snuck up on me, OK?

Of course, very minimal damage! Just a small tear in the foam as usual.

So I recovered the plane and looked to the other side and saw how awesome it was so I had my dad park on the other side of the road and I chucked it off the edge!

Thanks for watching!

Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member