HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:18 PM
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
Question
E-flite 20 amp mini esc. how to set up properly?

Could someone post a solution for this trouble?
Quote:
Originally Posted by digsy
I have an E-Flite EFLA105 20 AMP ESC with Brake.

When I push the throttle stick forward nothing happens till the stick is 1/3 of the way forward. Then it springs into life.

But it seems like 3-4 clicks is about as much as I want to be moving it.

As part of setting the ESC up the instructions say "You must first properly set up the transmitter. Turn on the transmitter and place the throttle control stick in the center position. If you have a computer transmitter, adjust the throttle ATV to 100%."

Does it really mean put the throttle stick in the middle ? Or put it in what is normally the fully off position ?

I'd kinda like to have the throttle come on as soon as I start pushing the stick.
aerofrutasd is offline Find More Posts by aerofrutasd
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:30 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,371 Posts
First thing to do is take the prop off the motor if you haven't yet.

Then try powering it up with the throttle stick in the middle as per the instructions. This is most likely some type of throttle range calibration that tells the ESC what PWM pulse widths correspond with which throttle settings.

Also make sure that the throttle trim is centered. Use it to fine-tune the startup position once you've set up the ESC and transmitter according to the manual.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:59 PM
Senile Member
Moab, Utah, USA
Joined Apr 2003
5,675 Posts
That is standard procedure for Eflite ESCs. Having the throttle stick in the center keeps the ESC from arming while everything is plugged in and turned on. Once the transmitter is turned on and the battery is plugged in, moving the throttle stick to the lowest position arms the ESC and tells the ESC what the minimum throttle setting is. The motor should start running as soon as you move the throttle one or two clicks from the low position.

Larry
Lnagel is online now Find More Posts by Lnagel