Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:30 PM
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Discussion
Wanting to make my very first rc plane

Hey guys, i'm new to the forums but i've always enjoyed rc products mainly helicopters and planes.

I wanted to make my own rc plane, i'm sorry if there is a thread explaining this for new comers but I didn't see it but here is what I need help with:

I have a low budget and i'm looking to make the cheapest rc plane I can make to fly outdoors.

Could someone list parts which are needed in a plane, also to connect all the parts what would you need etc.

Also i'm looking to use foam to make the rc plane but if there is another recommendation please do reply.

And if someone is willing to maybe talk with me on skype and explain things a bit better please pm me ur skype and I will add you.

Thank you.
rctech96 is offline Find More Posts by rctech96
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:50 PM
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Any help will be appreciated, just wanted to get started with this.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:21 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,345 Posts
If you've "always enjoyed RC products...." what do you have now to get you started ?

If you're starting from absolutely nothing you'll need foam, plans, tools, glue, motor, ESC (speed controller), battery, servos, radio and receiver and probably dozens of things I've forgotten...oh and patience and a lot of luck .

The Foamies (Scratchbuilt) forum is all about building planes from foam and is full of people who've been successful with their first ever builds from the free plans on there so that's probably the best place to look. http://www.rcgroups.com/foamies-scratchbuilt-428/

EDIT - just seen that you're already getting plenty of help over in Foamies....so what are you doing in here ?

Steve
slipstick is offline Find More Posts by slipstick
Last edited by slipstick; Nov 18, 2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:16 PM
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Sorry this thread can be closed now.