New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:00 AM
Find More Posts by Schrott
Kraut
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,639 Posts
A friend of mine gave me that link to depress me I guess.
But it is just mind bogling.

http://kraakmodelbouw.com/

Enjoy
Schrott is online now Find More Posts by Schrott
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2015, 08:31 PM
Find More Posts by Dick L.
Minnesota, USA
Joined Aug 2002
3,122 Posts
Hate to throw salt in open wounds, but gotta ask..... Has ANYONE ever been able to order and purchase stuff from Dean (Harken) DeRusha?

I've been trying since back in around 2002 and even paid him a visit when I was back to my old home town. Saw all his stuff and was impressed - but still no catalog, no identified distributor. Just thought I'd ask.
Dick L. is offline Find More Posts by Dick L.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 07:26 AM
Find More Posts by SailingJunkie
United States, CT, Essex
Joined Mar 2013
541 Posts
He must be selling into other markets than r/c Dick. Scale maybe? Seen his stuff as well in adds etc but never heard of anyone using them or buying from him.

SJ
SailingJunkie is online now Find More Posts by SailingJunkie
Old Sep 30, 2015, 11:09 AM
Minnesota, USA
Joined Aug 2002
3,122 Posts
@SJ

Thanks for your view. I think you may be correct, but I know when I visited, he was in the midst of his Flying Tiger program and had a load of them to complete. Had lots of orders from owners and photos do appear in his album. Yet his plan was to buy some xx acres of flat farmland and make an RV park with a large r/c racing pond. Again, he took me to location and I see he has photos in one of his albums, but on the whole, he does seem to be catering to the big boat crowd with scale and half hull models. Before my retirement, I had several big boat guys at work interested in his jewelry (Necklaces and earrings for their wives) but again - never could pin him down for a cost for the gold plated stuff he was promoting at the time.

Looks like I might just as well shelve it/him and switch to Hales hardware, or something similar that I can actually buy.

Next trip to Michigan and a personal visit to see him WILL be on my calendar, though.

ADDED: As I recall, he was all hot to purchase and import the Titan winches from the UK as I wanted to see one before buying. More hot air, I guess.
Last edited by Dick L.; Sep 30, 2015 at 11:11 AM. Reason: ADDED Thought
Old Sep 30, 2015, 04:00 PM
Minnesota, USA
Joined Aug 2002
3,122 Posts
@SJ and others.....

Got a call from Dean this afternoon, and found that he is still trying to do everything himself. I did offer to help if I could. His next Things To Do list includes getting photos done and getting some catalog pages out and published - plus information on where to order.

We talked quite a while, and I did find he is willing to sell me a couple of single boom blocks and also a deck turning block - all for the new RG65. Products are still not ready for orders or shipments and he promised me he would work hard to get some products out to buyers as soon as he could.

I would suggest possibly putting together a "Wants List" and email to me. I will forward it to Dean. It might give him an idea of interest and for what items. Your list will be non-committal -- just more of a list of "I would like to see...."

Will update as we move along.

Dick