HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by polyfractal, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:40 AM
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Jun 2012
114 Posts
Discussion
CompareRC now has Amazon Products

Quick update about CompareRC: I finally integrated Amazon search results into the product listings! If you want to check it out, a product like the "Spektrum MR3000 Marine 2.4GHz 3-Channel Receiver" is a good example of how it is supposed to work.

It's taken a while because Amazon's API is a bit unwieldy to use. Because of the way Amazon has structured their API, results from Amazon will only show up on product pages and not in general search.

So what this means is if Amazon carries a product that I don't have indexed from another vendor, it won't show up on the main search page. But if you click a product carried by a vendor in my index, it'll search Amazon for the same product.

I'm working on full Amazon integration and should have the products showing up in the main search results soon. As usual, I'd love to hear comments or complaints about the site!
polyfractal is offline Find More Posts by polyfractal
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts