HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:00 AM
Joined Nov 2012
10 Posts
Discussion
dynam 450

hey guys i am new to this forum, and new to heli flying. i have a dynam e-razor 450 it spins up normal but will not lift of. this heli is new, never been flown. when i first got the heli i would rev it up and it would lift off about a foot and i would stop it there because it was spining to the right, and now it wont lift off at all at full throtle. your help and sugestions would be greatly appreciated. kenbeav
kenbeav is offline Find More Posts by kenbeav
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:39 PM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
1,968 Posts
Hey Ken - should be a snap to fix!! Sounds like the connecting rods to your blade holders are not providing sufficient pitch to the main blades. This could be caused by improper setup - or mechanical problems - or incorrect settings of the pitch curve in your radio - in which case a pitch gauge would be recommended to measure if there is adequate positive pitch. Of course there is always the possibility the mixing arms are not attaining the correct input from the swash-plate which could be from the cyclic servos but the only way to really tell is to do a complete tear-down and start again. Anyone can do it - only takes a few hours if you have someone helping you - assuming of course the someone helping you knows what they are doing. If on the other hand - you are doing it yourself - it might take a little longer - I'd estimate a few hundred hours. Reading often helps - although some people prefer to eliminate that time consuming step. But hey - positive attitude dude!! Tear that sucker down and you'll be flying in an hour or two - not necessarily your e-razor 450 - but your credit card should be getting off the ground pretty good. Have a great flight! Incidentally, the little 3-axis gyro helicopters like the mCPx or 130x are pretty decent little trainers when you tire spending money on that razor.
CaptJac is offline Find More Posts by CaptJac
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:14 PM
Joined Nov 2012
10 Posts
Thanks CaptJac i had to send the 450 back to Xheli i think i got a piece of junk. the trans got where it would not bind with the heli, it never did work i tried to fly it 3 times never would get of the ground. I do have the dh 9116 and it did not work like it should it had a mind of its own. i guess i just had some bad luck with helis. i have the dh 9053 which is the only one i have that flys after some mods.
kenbeav is offline Find More Posts by kenbeav
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:41 PM
Joined Dec 2012
1 Posts
I`m new to this heli hobby, started with the razor.
I`ve made a custom bracket to invert the tail servo added the skyfly th9x and
solar d653 servos. Now servos constantly strip out.
Any ideas?
thanks in advance,
GMan0065 is offline Find More Posts by GMan0065
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:51 AM
Joined Jul 2012
379 Posts
got a pic of that bracket (just curious) why did you invert it?

why are the servos stripping out? plastic or metal gears? have you set the end points so the servos are not groaning when they hit a physical limit?
minbari is online now Find More Posts by minbari