HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:27 AM
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanTadd View Post
Are you saying 2mm shafts are flimsy or that Ron's setup as shown is flimsy?.

Very interested to understand why you think that.

Regards

Alan
time will tell... and it won't be very long....

cmPang
cmpang is offline Find More Posts by cmpang
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2013, 05:23 AM
ninove - Belgium
Joined Apr 2010
18 Posts
very nice conversion of the bismark, i was looking to do also
thanks for the info
karel47 is offline Find More Posts by karel47
Old Aug 12, 2013, 11:24 AM
model war ships
Joined Aug 2013
3 Posts
when you come to the construction of motorized gun turrets would you share your work with us? I use Micro servos to rotate the turrets but they have a limited radius, not as much as would be in scale. How can one increase the radius of a servo?
koelschwolf is offline Find More Posts by koelschwolf
Old Aug 19, 2013, 04:00 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,817 Posts
Google/search "servo hack" and you will see that many things can be done to increase the radius.
Kcal is offline Find More Posts by Kcal
Old Aug 21, 2013, 12:34 PM
Central Alabama RCShips, Sails
United States, AL, Odenville
Joined Feb 2006
543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koelschwolf View Post
when you come to the construction of motorized gun turrets would you share your work with us? I use Micro servos to rotate the turrets but they have a limited radius, not as much as would be in scale. How can one increase the radius of a servo?
I used this for the travel of the bow gun on a Vosper torpedo boat http://www.servocity.com/html/180o_servo_stretcher.html. Mounted a mini-micro servo on its side on top of the directional servo , ran a wire to the gun which provided elevation. It uses 2 channels to operate the gun. The build of the Vosper is here - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1374839
WingRider05 is offline Find More Posts by WingRider05
Last edited by WingRider05; Aug 21, 2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 05:19 PM
model war ships
Joined Aug 2013
3 Posts
what motor couplings did you use?
koelschwolf is offline Find More Posts by koelschwolf
Old Jan 30, 2014, 12:00 AM
Glow? What is that?
South Africa, FS, Bloemfontein
Joined Apr 2009
140 Posts
Any progress on here don?
Blizards316 is offline Find More Posts by Blizards316
Old Jan 30, 2014, 05:30 AM
Blackpool, Lancs
Joined Feb 2006
2,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koelschwolf View Post
Action do a thing called a "servomorph" that not only allows you to adjust the travel, but also the rate of rotation. If the servo/turret connection is not direct, but through a linkage, you can get more travel that way as well. Just a question of having the room to mount stuff.
mfr02 is offline Find More Posts by mfr02
Old Jan 31, 2014, 02:10 PM
United Kingdom, England, Enfield
Joined Jan 2012
834 Posts
Nice thread!

I've got 2 x 1:200 scale Bismarck projects on the go at the moment. The Hachette model and the Trumpeter. It will be awhile before they are seaworthy though. Both will have brushless motors and servo powered turrets.
BenVK is online now Find More Posts by BenVK
Old Mar 17, 2014, 02:45 PM
Norman, Ok
Joined Jun 2007
49 Posts
Bismark RC Build: Deck and Hull Fit

How does the deck fit on the hull and how will you take it on and off to get to the batteries, motors, etc. since you are making it RC?

And more pictures please!!! I know you guys are having fun with this, but SHARE!

Any wisdom? Any problems?

Patsy
patsyw26 is offline Find More Posts by patsyw26
Old Mar 18, 2014, 04:08 AM
Blackpool, Lancs
Joined Feb 2006
2,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsyw26 View Post
How does the deck fit on the hull and how will you take it on and off to get to the batteries, motors, etc. since you are making it RC?

And more pictures please!!! I know you guys are having fun with this, but SHARE!

Any wisdom? Any problems?

Patsy
I don't see a need to remove the deck for access. Bismark and his* contemporary German designs seem to have been built with modelers in mind. There is a single block of superstructure with effectively a raised coaming built into the design, which leaves a big enough hole to work through.
My 1st (not RC) boat was the Airfix 1:600. Later was the Heller 1:400 Tirpitz, this time with radio. No problems with either. Its just a case of thinking ahead and arranging things so that items that will need access can be reached, other stuff can go in less accessible areas.
*Germans regarded their warships as masculine.
mfr02 is offline Find More Posts by mfr02
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:46 PM
Norman, Ok
Joined Jun 2007
49 Posts
Motors

What size motors was used in this? And has anyone used more 3-4? If so, what was the results?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 12:06 AM
Sometimes I am the weapon
South Korea, Gyeonggi-do, Ansan-si
Joined Jan 2006
1,044 Posts
I am quite frankly surprised that this one measly, half-comatose build log begun by a kit manufacturer of all people is all that we have for the latest in RC plastic. There's not even a 1/200 Missouri thread or a Hornet CV-8.

Maybe the introduction of these kits marked a threshold for the usual crowd here; the asking prices being way too much to pay for simple, plain, unrefined styrene (albeit in nice shapes)...

Patsy, the Bismarck (with a "C") only needs three motors, one for each shaft. Any more would be overkill.
Harquebus is offline Find More Posts by Harquebus
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2014, 08:55 AM
Norman, Ok
Joined Jun 2007
49 Posts
Thanks, we decided last night we would use 3 with the other electronics we will add. This is one big BEAST! But since I do not have to deal with the photo etch, I am happy!
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:23 PM
Joined May 2010
37 Posts
It would be interesting to see the aeronaut Bismarck built along side as it is in the same scale.
telusboats is offline Find More Posts by telusboats