HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:16 PM
United States, NY, Bronx
Joined Dec 2012
35 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Again, the challenge with using metal is keeping the weight down. I doubt you'll get anything that will perform well if it's smaller than what you would use 6 inch props with. So 220mm is probably the smallest I would want to try. You can go smaller if you use 5 inch props, and even smaller if you use 4 inch props. But these tiny props can't handle metal frames, I don't think. I could be wrong.

Perhaps a very small frame setup to use a OP board couls have a very tiny cener plate, thus reducing weight enough to make it possible.

Best,
Chris
That's what im talking bout Chris, just wanted to know if it was possible. I would be interested in building one not so much for durability, but just to have one at such a small size. I was wondering though, what size motor and esc would you need for this small setup with 3-4inch props??

Biggz.
MrBiggz is offline Find More Posts by MrBiggz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:17 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2012
629 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Quote:
By the way,

I don't have a single order at the moment. First time in months that I don't have orders to make. I'm happy to get a break but I'm sad, too. The Armattan fever is over... Sniff...

I suppose I'll finally have time to work on a FPV design.

I suppose I can also build one here and there and list them. They seem to sell fast when listed.................

Best,
Chris
I'm waiting to return from my New York trip and ensure I have the funds. I saw you mention you might be able to powdercoat in red and someone else ask what colors are available. Is Red an option?
jdr00ejr is offline Find More Posts by jdr00ejr
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:21 PM
Quad On!!
United States, AL, Auburn
Joined Dec 2012
971 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by muck76 View Post
i'm waiting for two things to put in an order; your ONE and my Trex to sell so i have $$ to buy one LOL
Same here!! I'm just waiting to get paid Friday that way I can pay Chris!! I'm ready to start building.
nate25j is offline Find More Posts by nate25j
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:31 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,674 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate25j View Post
Same here!! I'm just waiting to get paid Friday that way I can pay Chris!! I'm ready to start building.
This, right there, is the reason why I put a lot of effort trying to make sure people get good service and a quad that will work for them. It's called hard earned money. Most of us have to work our a**es off to be able to afford this hobby. Low prices, good service and a solid product. That's what we deserve but rarely get nowadays. Well, Armattan products are different, or at least, I do my darn best to try.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:34 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerwin View Post
Chris, do you happen to have a list of possible powder coat colours ?.. I like to fly neon green and flourescent orange, do you know if this is an option ?

I know carswell supplies sells both colours. If it is, how much $$ is it additional on top of a frame.

..Nerwin
I can get many different colors but I've been keeping my inventory low with only orange because the stuff is expensive. Maybe I should get a few more colors.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:37 PM
Quad On!!
United States, AL, Auburn
Joined Dec 2012
971 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
Quote:
This, right there, is the reason why I put a lot of effort trying to make sure people get good service and a quad that will work for them. It's called hard earned money. Most of us have to work our a**es off to be able to afford this hobby. Low prices, good service and a solid product. That's what we deserve but rarely get nowadays. Well, Armattan products are different, or at least, I do my darn best to try.

Best,
Chris

Armattan products are different! They stand out from all the rest in quality and performance. I highly appreciate the service and attention I have received.
nate25j is offline Find More Posts by nate25j
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:42 PM
Canada, ON, Princeton
Joined Dec 2012
22 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
If you get neon orange and flourescent green, I'd be in for another frame or two for sure !

2 arms and one plate one colour, and the rest another.. !
nerwin is offline Find More Posts by nerwin
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:49 PM
United States, NV, Carson City
Joined Jun 2012
147 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
I to am waiting for the reports on the "ONE' and my SS money to place my order for my second Armattan. I have plans for four or five minimum but you keep adding new things. I may end up with a fleet of these quads. LOL i'm going to ask for more hours at my part time job today seriously.
cmeisteriii is offline Find More Posts by cmeisteriii
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by cmeisteriii; Jan 16, 2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:04 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,475 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
I'm looking for a CNC 355 DIY kit with spares!

I'm also looking to place an order with HK (I think) for all the extras I'll need. I already have a pile of 8045 props, a couple of motors and an esc.

Here's the spare parts / mod list I'm working on.... if you have any suggestions on things I should add to the list please do. I dislike the shipping prices at HK.

R610 - OrangeRx R610 Spektrum DSM2 6Ch 2.4Ghz Receiver
N2250.3S.65 - Turnigy nano-tech 2250mah 3S 65~130C Lipo
AM1009x10 - HXT 4mm Gold Connector w/ Protector (10)
AM-1008x10 - HXT 3.5mm Gold Connector w/ Protector (10)
258000001 - Individual HXT 3.5mm connector for motor
322000004 - Solder Wire 1mm/3m
AM-1001C - Gold Plated Spring Connector 3.5mm (10pairs)
HXT2MM - HXT 2mm Gold Connector w/ Protector (10pairs)
258000035 - XT60 to 4 X 3.5mm bullet Multistar ESC
258000050 - 4mm Male to 3.5mm Female bullet - 3pcs/b..
258000018 - XT60 to T-Connector Battery Adapter Lead..
FXT60-MJST - XT-60 to JST Charging Adapter (2pc)
258000014 - T-Connector Harness for 2 Packs in Paral..

258000015 - XT60 Harness for 2 Packs in Parallel (1p..

9210000035 - Turnigy nano-tech 180mah 3S 25~40C Lipo ..
9171000033 - Hobby King Quadcopter Power Distribution..
258000011 - 10CM Male to Male Servo Lead (JR) 26AWG ..

R100SAT - OrangeRx R100 Satellite Receiver
E2.3-0.5-8T - Pinion Gear 2.3mm/0.5M 8T (1pc)
E2.3-0.5-9T - Pinion Gear 2.3mm/0.5M 9T (1pc)
9210000009 - Turnigy nano-tech 1400mah 3S 40~80C Lipo..
HK-171 - HK-171 Thread Locker & Sealant Medium St..

A few of these items are for playing with my F45 or testing out ideas I have for mods. I would like to also get:
KK2 for backup + whatever is needed for flashing it (and experimenting)
Replacement ESC's for Armattan Quad
Replacement Shafts for 1800kv motors
Nylon spacers for KK2 mounting etc.
Velcro straps for battery mounting
sigh...
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:09 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Trader Rating: 49
Hey guys. I hope this isn't too off topic but i was flying yesterday and my low voltage alarm didn't go off that i could tell. I just started losing power and my leds dimmed. I have it set to 105 in misc settings. Is that the correct setting? Do I need to do anything else? Is the alarm loud or is it just a little beep? Maybe I'm just not hearing it. Thanks for any info! And thanks to creepy1 for telling me to look in misc settings.

Oh and I'm using a 2200mah 3s 45-90c packs. Thanks again,

Casey

I should add that I flew across the way at the park for 5 minutes then came back to my house and hovered in the garage for a minute or two. It was in the garage that it lost power. Still no crashes as of today but i'm staying mostly tail in. I have bent the crap out of the cnc gear several times. I have a spare set but i haven't bothered putting them on yet. I just keep rebending the bent. I'm not even removing them to get them straight just kind of lazily unbending them.
major.monogram is offline Find More Posts by major.monogram
Last edited by major.monogram; Jan 16, 2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:17 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,154 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Hey bobepine, good to see this is going great for you.

I have a question about the CNC355 frame only.
1. From my understanding, it comes in all black anodized? Arms and center plates?
2. I'm assuming where the motors mount is 16mm and 19mm mounting holes?
3. Are the little standoff legs included?
4. Is the frame price of $60 include shipping?
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:22 PM
Switzerland, AG, Zofingen
Joined Apr 2012
88 Posts
kk2

hi rexless
kk2 is again in backorder
i just se it
luky i have 2 at home and one more an his way
deltafly ch is offline Find More Posts by deltafly ch
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:36 PM
Switzerland, AG, Zofingen
Joined Apr 2012
88 Posts
t copter ??

hi chris what you thing ?
what is de mesure of de 255 cnc arm
i thing i go use 3 of dem and cut my self a center pice
yaw can bi controlld with des;
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...tor_Mount.html

regards Harry
deltafly ch is offline Find More Posts by deltafly ch
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:48 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
Chris, i'd like to order a 355/CNC frame w/ metal finish arms and top center plate, bottom center plate black anodize finish, w/ a spare top clear plate, no power board, (will need a set of standoffs, i have an extra power board) thanks.
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:51 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,674 Posts
Guys....

Please accept my most heartfelt apology but I have to close this thread now. By Friday night at the latest I should have a new thread open with updated info on the new models, pricing, etc. (no price increase, don't worry).

The new thread will have updated pictures and info and it should be a good place to carry on while keeping everyone better informed.

Now I know that few of you guys have just posted and are awaiting a response from me. I will quote your questions in the new thread and I will answer you thoroughly. If you need an answer sooner, you are most welcome to cut and paste your post and PM it to me. I will reply to you tomorrow for certain.

Also, I have not forgotten about the secret surprise for the 100th order. This thread now sits at 90 orders so for the inconvenience, let me make this better. The first order in the new thread will be subject to this "secret surprise" so in the end it's even better. You won't have to wait for another 10 orders to find out what the surprise is.

Again truly sorry for the abrupt thread closure and do PM me between now and the time I open the new thread this Friday. I can answer questions or take orders, if you wish. That's not a problem.

On that note, many, many thanks to all of you who have contributed to this thread, and of course, many thanks for your vote of confidence everyone. I wish you all many happy flights and a long rewarding journey in this wonderful hobby.

Talk to you soon.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread