Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:50 PM
Joined Mar 2006
770 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
That is correct, Sir. Samples are supposed to be ready in about 1 week (Hopefully on the weekend). 2 of them. I will be building one to test as soon as it's ready. The other one, I think I might have a lottery or something like that, with conditions, to ship out to be tested. Basically, the winner will have to be willing to build it right away. Not sure how I'm going to work this out yet. Just thinking out loud. Maybe a trivia and only people willing to build it can try to guess the right answer. Like I said, not sure what I will do with it just yet. Have to think about it.

Best,
Chris
I think a newbie should get it. Like me LOL.
I'm looking forward to seeeing it also. Selling my trex 450 ( to scared to break it to try to fly it) to pick up a quad for acro.
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:51 PM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,410 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Quote:
That is correct, Sir. Samples are supposed to be ready in about 1 week (Hopefully on the weekend). 2 of them. I will be building one to test as soon as it's ready. The other one, I think I might have a lottery or something like that, with conditions, to ship out to be tested. Basically, the winner will have to be willing to build it right away. Not sure how I'm going to work this out yet. Just thinking out loud. Maybe a trivia and only people willing to build it can try to guess the right answer. Like I said, not sure what I will do with it just yet. Have to think about it.

Best,
Chris
ohh great idea. A lucky winner sounds great! I for one can't wait to see what she looks like!
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:31 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Trader Rating: 28
I'm apparently following you Muck lol ... Been reading through and considering jumping on one as well

Would this be like a one piece cnc 355?
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
Last edited by Tony Twoskids; Jan 14, 2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:47 PM
Joined Mar 2006
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoskids View Post
I'm apparently following you Muck lol ... Been reading through and considering jumping on one as well

Would this be like a one piece cnc 355?
From my research on Bob's and others out there, there aren't many made of alum like this. I think Hoverthings has one similar but I don't like the elects. Bob has done a great job picking it all out for my taste. There are other manufacture elects that are great to use, I just feel the kk 2 board really is more user friendly for newbies like me. I just wish the parts where in the US so when or if I break/bend something I can get them faster/cheaper than OS shipping.
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:01 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,434 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
In Heli's I've always been told to have spares of everything in advance. Saves downtime and you can order replacements again at your convenience.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:18 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
From what I'm reading, and considering the materials, sturdy may even be an understatement I may add a spare kit in my order though, even though you can bend the arms back into place if need be.

Think I may wait to see what the one piece design looks like before pulling the trigger though. ( cough* cough* Chris )
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:19 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Showing a few of my quads I have built lately and bitching about stuff!
Latest Armattan Quad Custom Builds (6 min 0 sec)
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:19 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
In Heli's I've always been told to have spares of everything in advance. Saves downtime and you can order replacements again at your convenience.
For helis, I've had to have boxes of spares available...but I'm a slow learner, so your mileage may vary hehe
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:16 PM
Joined Oct 2012
10 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
I'm guessing someone out there that has both M series and CNC series quads has managed crashed both at various times. My guess is the CNC is the better of the 2 - the arms probably bend a little easier than the Aluminim tubes - but then they're probably easier to bend back. I'm only guessing here of course as I've only crashed an M series and never had anything bend or break - except perhaps my inflated ego.
The CNC arms do bend. I can attest to that. I had a major crash - from about 60 feet, inverted and full power straight down onto asphalt. Two of the arms survived unscathed, one was bent almost 90 degrees and the other had a helical twist. But 15 minutes with a rubber mallet and the arms were straightened. Three new motors, four props and a new FC and my M355 is flying just as good as before. This is exactly why I bought this frame. I don't know of any other frame that can be resurrected so easily after such a crash.
fwuzzy is offline Find More Posts by fwuzzy
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:37 PM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr00ejr View Post
Just got home and did some measuring. I see where my confusion is. The MQX is listed at 11.5 inches in length. I now realize that's blade tip to blade tip, not motor to motor as the Armattans are measured. Will still love to see a picture of someone has one though (pictures are worth 1000 words).

So, if I'm ordering a M not CNC, would there be a big difference between 355 and 400ish? Recommendations?

I still have plenty of time to dream unfortunately. Okay, back to my hole while I read/dream/save funds.
Here's the best I can do ... V929 on top of CNC355 (no I haven't had a chance to do any building) with a 8.5" prop on for reference. I think they're 12" floor tiles.

cheers,
Andrew
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:04 PM
United States, NY, Bronx
Joined Dec 2012
35 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:

Best,
Chris

You know whats so funny Chris, I saw a youtube video of UPENN building these nana quads droids and got hooked. That's what led me to research quads and eventually ending up on Armattans doorstep. Now I was just about to pm you about the possibility of building an entire frame with center plates and arms in one. Glad to see like minds think alike Now how small could you get your quad with this new setup?? anywhere near the quad size in the video?

Video Link: http://news.cnet.com/8301-11386_3-57...s-swarm-video/
MrBiggz is offline Find More Posts by MrBiggz
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:41 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoskids View Post
For helis, I've had to have boxes of spares available...but I'm a slow learner, so your mileage may vary hehe
Me too... I now have piles of spares for helicopters I rarely fly... Hopefully someone will need them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwuzzy View Post
The CNC arms do bend. I can attest to that. I had a major crash - from about 60 feet, inverted and full power straight down onto asphalt. Two of the arms survived unscathed, one was bent almost 90 degrees and the other had a helical twist. But 15 minutes with a rubber mallet and the arms were straightened. Three new motors, four props and a new FC and my M355 is flying just as good as before. This is exactly why I bought this frame. I don't know of any other frame that can be resurrected so easily after such a crash.
aha. Adding a rubber mallet to the parts list. That must have been one hell of a sight to see. Has anyone bent the plates?
I've had a few glorious crashes with my other birds. The thought of really bashing up an Armattan is freaky! Someday... Probably the first day the snow melts I would guess...
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:12 PM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
874 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan's Flyin View Post
How about a CNC 355 Squid?????
Now that would be awesome!
Ayodhya is offline Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:46 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,438 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Ok gents, every order on the list has been shipped except #85 which has not been paid for yet.

I'm at work now but will send shipping info to you guys later this evening. If you don't receive a tracking number, please let me know.

Also, please review the shipping label to make sure I got it right. If there's a mistake, let me know right away.

Thank you.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:55 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2012
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo5 View Post
Here's the best I can do ... V929 on top of CNC355 (no I haven't had a chance to do any building) with a 8.5" prop on for reference. I think they're 12" floor tiles.

cheers,
Andrew
Thanks Andrew! That actually helps a lot!
jdr00ejr is offline Find More Posts by jdr00ejr
Closed Thread