HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:15 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,128 Posts
Trader Rating: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael L View Post
Chris,

I see that my order has shipped! WooHo! I'm SO EXCITED!

I haven't received any tracking info yet, do you usually send that?

Also gonna need instructions on best stick scaling for rookies......

Thanks,

- Michael
Hi,

I did send the tracking info but upon looking into this I sent it to MichaelL and not Michael L. In other words, there is another user here who has the same name as you but his user name doesn't have the space between the first name and last name initial.

Sorry about that. Will send you the info right now.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:41 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by major.monogram View Post
Well here's a few shots of my build that I finished the day before yesterday. Put the lights on at like 2am last night. Tried to remaiden with lights but I had one motor reversed and it stuck to the ground like a vacuum. :P Probably a good thing as I was in no state of mind to fly it that late. I'm still just hovering tail in at this point. Think I am going to get a v949 just to work on my orientation some. It's been a while since I flew the mqx and I was never that great at it. I'm kind of like Pat in the sense that there are so many outstanding builds here that I'm a little embarrassed to show mine. Just proud enough of it to want somebody to see it tho!

Thanks for all you do Chris. And thanks to all you regulars for the help and inspiration on this thing. Now I just have to keep myself from catching the multirotor hoarding bug that Bryan caught! My wife will leave me for sure if that happens. WTG Bry on hitting the marriage lottery! Ha...Later guys,

Casey

Attachment 5443020

Attachment 5443021

Attachment 5443022

Very well put together, Sir. Thumbsup!

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:44 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,128 Posts
I forgot to post a picture of the "Mystery" tool

Here it is.

Best,
Chris

Site Sponsor
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:39 AM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Trader Rating: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Very well put together, Sir. Thumbsup!

Best,
Chris
Thanks. That means something coming from you and Bryan. Now let's just see if I can keep from folding it in half! lol

Quote:

Here it is.

Best,
Chris
Wow. That looks amazing. You are building a pretty nice inventory of products. I hope the webpage/storefront works out even though this is one of my favorite threads on rcg. It will definitely have to continue here or in the multirotors thread. Really great work again, Chris.
major.monogram is offline Find More Posts by major.monogram
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:40 AM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,769 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
How do they not fall out?
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:01 AM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
The bullet connectors are very slightly thicker on one end.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:31 AM
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,769 Posts
Quote:
The bullet connectors are very slightly thicker on one end.
hmmm never even noticed.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:38 AM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
417 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
[QUOTE=major.monogram;23795631]Well here's a few shots of my build that I finished the day before yesterday. Put the lights on at like 2am last night. Tried to remaiden with lights but I had one motor reversed and it stuck to the ground like a vacuum. :P Probably a good thing as I was in no state of mind to fly it that late. I'm still just hovering tail in at this point. Think I am going to get a v949 just to work on my orientation some. [/QUOTE

That is a fantastic build whats you talking about? Orintation is a funny thing, you practice and practice and think I will never get this, then all of a sudden it just becomes automatic and you can do it without even thinking about it, your not even sure when it happened. Good luck.
jsflyrv is offline Find More Posts by jsflyrv
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:10 AM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
Quote:
Well here's a few shots of my build that I finished the day before yesterday.
nice job, that's a good way to orient the battery wire @ 90 deg. from the lipo, that's how i'll do my 258.
@ Chris, the bullet holder is a beauty, that'll look sweet on the workbench.
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:43 AM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsflyrv View Post
Quote:
Well here's a few shots of my build that I finished the day before yesterday. Put the lights on at like 2am last night. Tried to remaiden with lights but I had one motor reversed and it stuck to the ground like a vacuum. :P Probably a good thing as I was in no state of mind to fly it that late. I'm still just hovering tail in at this point. Think I am going to get a v949 just to work on my orientation some.

That is a fantastic build whats you talking about? Orintation is a funny thing, you practice and practice and think I will never get this, then all of a sudden it just becomes automatic and you can do it without even thinking about it, your not even sure when it happened. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenahelin View Post
nice job, that's a good way to orient the battery wire @ 90 deg. from the lipo, that's how i'll do my 258.
@ Chris, the bullet holder is a beauty, that'll look sweet on the workbench.
Thanks, guys. I love this quad. I did have some semi-decent ability with the mqx as far as orientation goes but for some reason with this as soon as I start to turn it i wig out and start to lose it...lol. Nerves probably. I'm sure it will come back to me.

Oh hey; where do you set the low voltage alarm on the kk2? I know I saw it mentioned somewhere but i can't remember where. Thanks.

-Casey
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:37 AM
United States, NJ, Fairfield
Joined Jan 2012
98 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Thanks, guys. I love this quad. I did have some semi-decent ability with the mqx as far as orientation goes but for some reason with this as soon as I start to turn it i wig out and start to lose it...lol. Nerves probably. I'm sure it will come back to me.

Oh hey; where do you set the low voltage alarm on the kk2? I know I saw it mentioned somewhere but i can't remember where. Thanks.

-Casey
When I first got my armattan I had some problems with orientation so I added some more color to the quad so I could tell the front from the back. This has worked well for me.
Name: uploadfromtaptalk1358077013384.jpg
Views: 72
Size: 78.2 KB
Description:
mactek is online now Find More Posts by mactek
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:14 AM
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,769 Posts
Quote:

-Casey
Misc. Settings
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:59 AM
United States, NY, Bronx
Joined Dec 2012
35 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Well here's a few shots of my build that I finished the day before yesterday. Put the lights on at like 2am last night. Tried to remaiden with lights but I had one motor reversed and it stuck to the ground like a vacuum. :P Probably a good thing as I was in no state of mind to fly it that late. I'm still just hovering tail in at this point. Think I am going to get a v949 just to work on my orientation some. It's been a while since I flew the mqx and I was never that great at it. I'm kind of like Pat in the sense that there are so many outstanding builds here that I'm a little embarrassed to show mine. Just proud enough of it to want somebody to see it tho!

Thanks for all you do Chris. And thanks to all you regulars for the help and inspiration on this thing. Now I just have to keep myself from catching the multirotor hoarding bug that Bryan caught! My wife will leave me for sure if that happens. WTG Bry on hitting the marriage lottery! Ha...Later guys,

Casey

Attachment 5443020

Attachment 5443021

Attachment 5443022
where u got your lights Casey?
MrBiggz is offline Find More Posts by MrBiggz
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:24 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,535 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
-Casey
I had the same feeling. In some of my flights/ videos managed to get into some great loops and even reasonable 8 s. Still when the v929 turns its no big deal. When the armattan turns my heart rate goes up. It feels so much more serious!
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:08 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Quote:

Here it is.

Best,
Chris
That is Genius! I want one for sure Chris. Really nice work. Do you still have that video you made on how to solder these? If so, you should post it for these guys. Helped me tremendously.

I was having some trouble soldering and Chris made an excellent video on how to solder bullet connectors.

Now I am a soldering machine thanks to Chris!
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Last edited by Bryan's Flyin; Jan 13, 2013 at 12:14 PM.
Closed Thread