HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 02:19 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mare22 View Post
This is the nicest and most beautiful frame ever seen!

When are they going on sale? Preorder available?
I totally agree!
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2013, 02:33 PM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
414 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Hexasquid

order #

90-
91-
92-
93-
94-
95-
96-
97-
98-
99-
100- jsflyrv preorder HexaSquid
jsflyrv is offline Find More Posts by jsflyrv
Old Jan 12, 2013, 02:59 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
Holllleeeeyyy sheep sh^t Batman! Game freaking over, Check F-ing Mate!!!

My goodnes that looks even better than I imangined. My head is swimming with idea's right now.

Order from Chris
Order lower KV motors for hex, 2200kv gonna burn to much juice.
Order more ESC's
Order GoPro
Spend countless hours on forums gathering info on FPV set-up, return to home GPS goodnes, etc.

Ahhhhh! losing my mind... Must eject/log-out, credit card catching fire! To quote the great Col. Steve Austin: "I can't hold altitude, she's breaking-up, she's breaking-up!"

-Pat
LMFAO Pat! That was funny bro!

I have some Bad Ass 750 kv motors coming for the Hexa-Squids. We'll see how they work on these Hexa's! One of the Hexa-Squids will be sporting Naza and another will have the CC3D and another will have an OP Revo on it in the future.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:10 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,842 Posts
Trader Rating: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsflyrv View Post
order #

90-
91-
92-
93-
94-
95-
96-
97-
98-
99-
100- jsflyrv preorder HexaSquid
Haha! Nice try,

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:16 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,842 Posts
Trader Rating: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by mare22 View Post
This is the nicest and most beautiful frame ever seen!

When are they going on sale? Preorder available?
I think you are better off waiting to see a price list before you order. This one isn't cheap. The factory uses heat to bend the 6061 arms in order not to weaken the metal. This makes for pretty intensive manpower requirements and the cost certainly reflects that. Additionally, the hexa plates require a lot more cuts than the V3 plates so the cost on the laser cutting is also higher.

I'll try to find time to put together some prices ASAP and I will post them for those interested in ordering this model.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:08 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,520 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
Thanks rexless, I know it looks a little funky, but I like it. It will be a bit before I get any vid. (Couple week’s maybe) I'm under a self imposed grounding until I get some more stick time on the little ones. Not flying the 700 sense Thanksgiving, then just snatching it up and going balls-out was a mistake. It only takes a split second to lose concentration, and then goes the orientation and WAMMOO! I've once again turned my 700 into a plow and I'm tilling-up the pasture..Hahahahaaa!

However, I'm not so sure how long I'll be able to hold-out because; every time I get a glance of it, the ole thumbs and eyes start to twitch. Then, I get this real childlike yet devilish look on my face and begin to repeat: "Must fly the Armattan" "Must punch the throttle and hold wide open" Bwaahaahaahaa!
-Pat
I was going to try to wait until spring to fly the M370 but it was impossible to resist the temptation. I like my F45 plenty fine and it's certainly a favourite, but it's nothing like flying a quad. I tried flying the V929 and V939's to keep me going but really they are just total garbage compared to the Armattan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo5 View Post
I don't think I've had a single flight of any multicopter without at least a few "unplanned landings". Tough to take it slow and easy ... where's the fun in that!cheers, Andrew
I was trying so hard not to crash mine in the snow. I only did it twice but certainly had a few close calls in between. If it were spring and the snow was gone I'm pretty sure I'd have done some cartwheels and replaced some blades by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan's Flyin View Post
I came up with a new design last night while cranking down a few glasses of Crown. It is totally freaking radical! Going to talk with Chris and send him over my crude drawings and see what he says.
You're Crazy! I can't wait to see what you have come up with - your ideas are very inspiring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo5 View Post
So although I have lots of other stuff to do I can't get this out of my mind. I think it can work with the ESC's inside the soap box. Here's a mockup with two ESC's. With careful trimming of the heat shrink and some creative wire harness making I think it would work. It will actually be easier when the motor wires go directly out a hole in the side of the box right next to the ESC at each motor arm. The RX can velcro to the top of the box, with the connection wires on the hinge side. Add some of that mesh wire cover stuff to put the motor wires through and it should look super clean. I took the pic outside so there's snow in it . cheers, Andrew PS. I had a bit of mis-information in an earlier post. The F20 ESC's already have a heat sink. I was just playing with my faulty one and I took it off to see if any of the FET's looked suspect.
The wiring with 4 ESC's in there looks like it's going to get a little crazy. If I go for the ESC in-the-box route I might look for wider - maybe a square the length of your blue container. I don't mind using a little more wire if I can find a way to minimize the holes that have to be cut. To make it easy to switch from water-resistant to open should be doable if we use lots of those bullet connectors in the right places. Ideally I'd like to try and limit the holes in the container to reduce the entry points for water (and cold air).

I can't remember if it was on this thread or another - someone mentioned a new "top secret" spray was coming out that should make it really easy to waterproof things like arm-mounted ESC's etc. without any bad side-effects to the electronics. I guess we could use that spray on any connectors for a little extra protection. I've flown in rain and snow enough now that I've seen little or no issues from the motors being exposed to the elements. I'm sure it'd reduce the life span but with inexpensive brushless motors like these - it's not a big problem. I like where this is going!
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:40 PM
United States, TX, Spur
Joined Sep 2011
346 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Gota ask, OCTO Squid coming also?

Come on Bryan, you know you want one!

Thurmond
T3PRanch is offline Find More Posts by T3PRanch
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:06 PM
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Sep 2012
124 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Can't wait for the new price list.... Will put in for my second Armattan soon!
Maseo54 is offline Find More Posts by Maseo54
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:22 PM
Joined Jul 2012
42 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Chris,

I see that my order has shipped! WooHo! I'm SO EXCITED!

I haven't received any tracking info yet, do you usually send that?

Also gonna need instructions on best stick scaling for rookies......

Thanks,

- Michael
Michael L is offline Find More Posts by Michael L
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:26 PM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,682 Posts
Trader Rating: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael L View Post
Chris,

I see that my order has shipped! WooHo! I'm SO EXCITED!

I haven't received any tracking info yet, do you usually send that?

Also gonna need instructions on best stick scaling for rookies......

Thanks,

- Michael
Stick scaling I started at 30 for everything but throttle. That I put at 50. You'll have no problems with those settings.
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:31 PM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
414 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Haha! Nice try,

Best,
Chris

It could happen
jsflyrv is offline Find More Posts by jsflyrv
Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:26 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Trader Rating: 49
Well here's a few shots of my build that I finished the day before yesterday. Put the lights on at like 2am last night. Tried to remaiden with lights but I had one motor reversed and it stuck to the ground like a vacuum. :P Probably a good thing as I was in no state of mind to fly it that late. I'm still just hovering tail in at this point. Think I am going to get a v949 just to work on my orientation some. It's been a while since I flew the mqx and I was never that great at it. I'm kind of like Pat in the sense that there are so many outstanding builds here that I'm a little embarrassed to show mine. Just proud enough of it to want somebody to see it tho!

Thanks for all you do Chris. And thanks to all you regulars for the help and inspiration on this thing. Now I just have to keep myself from catching the multirotor hoarding bug that Bryan caught! My wife will leave me for sure if that happens. WTG Bry on hitting the marriage lottery! Ha...Later guys,

Casey

Name: IMGP0428.jpg
Views: 130
Size: 150.8 KB
Description:

Name: IMGP0429.jpg
Views: 106
Size: 130.4 KB
Description:

Name: IMGP0430.jpg
Views: 102
Size: 167.6 KB
Description:
major.monogram is offline Find More Posts by major.monogram
Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:29 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsflyrv View Post
A off/off switch? You been hitting Ayodhya's CNC bong?
Haha! just read this &...yep. What you don't use off/off switches...pfft.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:08 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3PRanch View Post
Gota ask, OCTO Squid coming also?

Come on Bryan, you know you want one!

Thurmond
Don't tempt me. I bought my motors for the 3 Hexa's......21 of 'em.....3 extra for spares, felt like my wallet gave birth, oh yea...don't forget 21 ESC's Whew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by major.monogram View Post
Well here's a few shots of my build that I finished the day before yesterday. Put the lights on at like 2am last night. Tried to remaiden with lights but I had one motor reversed and it stuck to the ground like a vacuum. :P Probably a good thing as I was in no state of mind to fly it that late. I'm still just hovering tail in at this point. Think I am going to get a v949 just to work on my orientation some. It's been a while since I flew the mqx and I was never that great at it. I'm kind of like Pat in the sense that there are so many outstanding builds here that I'm a little embarrassed to show mine. Just proud enough of it to want somebody to see it tho!

Thanks for all you do Chris. And thanks to all you regulars for the help and inspiration on this thing. Now I just have to keep myself from catching the multirotor hoarding bug that Bryan caught! My wife will leave me for sure if that happens. WTG Bry on hitting the marriage lottery! Ha...Later guys,

Casey

Attachment 5443020

Attachment 5443021

Attachment 5443022
Casey,

That is one clean build! Excellent job! I am starting to not be so bad on hoarding. I have sold a few in the last weeks and getting ready to put a few more up for sale. Ordered 8 more from Chris today.
I DID hit the marriage lottery (so far), I do my things - she does hers. She had a great Christmas, so I can get away with muder right now.

Great job on the build and keep practicing hovering. I like the lights too. 5 Stars!
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:14 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Thanks Bryan. I found out during this build that I am not as good at soldering as I could be. They've all held up so far though.

I actually hit the marriage lotto as well although she's not super excited about RC and the messes I make working on them. It's her least favorite of my hobbies to be sure.

Whatever you do don't stop hoarding. We all need to see what you are up to with these things.
Closed Thread