HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 04:09 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Trader Rating: 49
Bryan, you really should consider making some build videos. I would have never thought to use bullet connectors directly on the distro board. I was just scanning through the attachments on this thread and saw that. Looks really clean and it's a lot easier to change speed controllers I bet. It's too bad I have already made all of my esc connections on the db. Now I have to find a way to convince myself that it's a crappy idea you had.

Chris, will the squid ever be on the price list or is it just too time intensive to build? Thanks!

Casey
major.monogram is offline Find More Posts by major.monogram
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2013, 06:28 PM
United States, TX, Spur
Joined Sep 2011
317 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by major.monogram View Post
Bryan, you really should consider making some build videos. I would have never thought to use bullet connectors directly on the distro board. I was just scanning through the attachments on this thread and saw that. Looks really clean and it's a lot easier to change speed controllers I bet. It's too bad I have already made all of my esc connections on the db. Now I have to find a way to convince myself that it's a crappy idea you had.

Chris, will the squid ever be on the price list or is it just too time intensive to build? Thanks!

Casey
Hobby King sells a distro board with bullet's and battery lead already attached.

Thurmond
T3PRanch is online now Find More Posts by T3PRanch
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:30 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,475 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ion_Board.html
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:30 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Trader Rating: 49
Ahh cool. Thanks Thurmond.

edit:// and rexless
major.monogram is offline Find More Posts by major.monogram
Old Jan 09, 2013, 09:12 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,674 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:

Casey
People can request the Squid at this time, but I don't have it listed yet. My plan is to keep this thread going until I reach 100 orders, at which time I will close this thread and start a new thread which will be fully updated with the latest V3 models, GoPro mount, and maybe the Squid as well as another thing or two. Who knows, maybe I'll introduce my own website as well. That's in the works now but it's still uncertain as I do not have any idea what the cost of that is yet and I'm not willing to invest large sums of money to get that going at this point. If the price is good, then I will be happy to go that route. If it's above what I'm willing to invest in that for the time being, then I will just continue the way I do things now for a while and test the water some more.

I now have 86 orders listed on page 1. I'm quite happy with that.

On that note, I'm offering a "Secret Surprise" for the 100th order. I will reveal this surprise after order #100 is placed. This "Secret Surprise" does not apply to only spare parts orders. It has to be an order for a frame or for a RXR build. If order # 100 is for parts only, then the "Secret Surprise" will be granted to the first frame or RXR order following order # 100.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Last edited by bobepine; Jan 09, 2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 09:57 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Quote:

Casey
Thanks Casey, as a matter of a fact, I was making build videos today! I also have another type of build where I do not use a dist board. I use a wiring harness and it is even lighter and uses bullet connectors also! Makes for a nice low profile, which I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3PRanch View Post
Hobby King sells a distro board with bullet's and battery lead already attached.

Thurmond
Gee thanks Thurmond! Just when he was thinking I was cool and maybe even smart, you have to go and tell him the truth.....

He's right. I bought those power boards from HK already pre assembled

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
People can request the Squid at this time, but I don't have it listed yet. My plan is to keep this thread going until I reach 100 orders, at which time I will close this thread and start a new thread which will be fully updated with the latest V3 models, GoPro mount, and maybe the Squid as well as another thing or two. Who knows, maybe I'll introduce my own website as well. That's in the works now but it's still uncertain as I do not have any idea what the cost of that is yet and I'm not willing to invest large sums of money to get that going at this point. If the price is good, then I will be happy to go that route. If it's above what I'm willing to invest in that for the time being, then I will just continue the way I do things now for a while and test the water some more.

I now have 86 orders listed on page 1. I'm quite happy with that.

On that note, I'm offering a "Secret Surprise" for the 100th order. I will reveal this surprise after order #100 is placed. This "Secret Surprise" does not apply to only spare parts orders. It has to be an order for a frame or for a RXR build. If order # 100 is for parts only, then the "Secret Surprise" will be granted to the first frame or RXR order following order # 100.

Best,
Chris
Congrats Chris on 86 and more to come. I decided today that I need more frames. If I order 14 do I win?? ........ I'm serious!
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:20 PM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan's Flyin View Post
Congrats Chris on 86 and more to come. I decided today that I need more frames. If I order 14 do I win?? ........ I'm serious!
Is this a case of "Flood the zone" FTW!

cheers,
Andrew

PS. Is one of your videos going to show your harness?
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:00 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo5 View Post
Is this a case of "Flood the zone" FTW!

cheers,
Andrew

PS. Is one of your videos going to show your harness?
Yes. Made the video today. You can also buy one like mine ( I eyeballed their design and made my own) from HK for about $3.00.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...out_Cable.html

They also have them for Tri copters and hexa's too and you can buy them with different size bullet connectors. I use 3.5mm.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:12 AM
Joined Mar 2006
775 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by muck76 View Post
Are the tube frames stronger than the V3 flat?

How do I determin a good size of quad? I'm new coming from 1sq and want something a bit bigger I can see better at distances for learning and doing more acro.
Thanks.
Any thoughts on this Chris?
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:20 AM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2012
41 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Thanks for the quick and useful reply Justin, I should be all set now just patiently awaiting the arrival of my Armattan.

Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin83 View Post
First off, welcome to the hobby. You're going to have a blast!

You only need to run one main lipo battery on your Armattan which powers everything (esc's, motors, kk2, RX, etc...). Some people run a second much smaller battery for LEDs or FPV camera equipment but it is not necessary.

Chris installs a male Dean's T-connector on his quads so you will either need batteries with a female Dean's plug or some type of adapter if your batteries come with a different plug and you are not good with a soldering iron. Either will work.

The wires connecting your RX to your kk2 board are male to male servo leads. They do not come with your Armattan. You need four of these to fly, or five if you want to use auto-level.

You could make your own or here are a few options for these:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21758

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321019984488...84.m1423.l2649

Need anything else, don't hesitate to ask. We are a friendly bunch and someone is bound to help you.
LifeStyle is offline Find More Posts by LifeStyle
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:48 AM
United States, NJ, Fairfield
Joined Jan 2012
91 Posts
I finally got the stripped screws out of my motor and started bending the arm back straight. Hopefully i will be back in the air by the weekend. I was wondering if anyone new what size screws are used on the 1800kv motors that Chris uses. Also what loctite is everyone using on there motor mount screws?
mactek is online now Find More Posts by mactek
Last edited by mactek; Jan 10, 2013 at 09:49 AM. Reason: added sentence
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:04 AM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactek View Post
I finally got the stripped screws out of my motor and started bending the arm back straight. Hopefully i will be back in the air by the weekend. I was wondering if anyone new what size screws are used on the 1800kv motors that Chris uses. Also what loctite is everyone using on there motor mount screws?
The screws are M3's and you should use the blue Loctite - not the red, it is almost permanent.

See this link about your motors. It gives you all the information you need about your motors.
http://www.myrcmart.com/rcx-a282212-...ts-p-3994.html
Last edited by Bryan's Flyin; Jan 10, 2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:23 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactek View Post
I believe the screws are 3mm in diameter. The thread is fine but not sure what it is exactly. I use metal locktite sold under the Tarot name.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:57 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,674 Posts
Quote:
Congrats Chris on 86 and more to come. I decided today that I need more frames. If I order 14 do I win??
That would be one order for 14 frames. LOL. No, you wouldn't win.

NIce work on the builds, by the way. Just wait to see the tool I designed to build the quads... You'll want one, guaranteed.

You get it for free if you guess what it is.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:24 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
That would be one order for 14 frames. LOL. No, you wouldn't win.

NIce work on the builds, by the way. Just wait to see the tool I designed to build the quads... You'll want one, guaranteed.

You get it for free if you guess what it is.

Best,
Chris
I want one for sure!!! Is it a jig?
Closed Thread