HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 12:22 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,736 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Yes, it will fit. I am picking up samples from the factory this week and if I see that all is well and it mounts fine, I'll be ordering more. Keep an eye on this thread and place your order once I post that it's in production. I'll also post the price soon along with pictures.

Best,
Chris
Chris, you're the best.

I look forward to the go pro mount. Put me on the list as soon as they are available.

I've starting flying a Canadian flag outside my house

daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:21 PM
United States, NY, Bronx
Joined Dec 2012
35 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Hey Chris, I received my M230 Quad yesterday. Everything was perfect! I love how you do business. I've yet to receive my Tx & Rx from MyRcMart so i cant play with it yet. Left you a feedback and hope to do future trades with you. one.
MrBiggz is offline Find More Posts by MrBiggz
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:56 PM
Joined Jun 2008
372 Posts
Trader Rating: 43
Square frame kit

Quote:
i have some nice square tubing made of alumi. I think they are around 12mm. It's not the towel rack crap. It's nice raw alumi tubing and the walls are a bit thicker than crappy towel racks. Much stronger than towel racks many people use. If you have a drill and you're willing to drill them out yourself, i can give you a good price on 4 arms and a set of v3 center plates with all the hardware to put together a armattan frame with square tubes. This would include frame bolts, self locking nuts, nylon standoffs and screws and clear top plate with logo. 30$ shipped. Might still be tight fitting 4 escs between the plates, though.

Best,
chris
Hey Chris, I will take the Square Tubing Frame kit for $30.00 if you can include the Old Style Plastic Standoffs with the Rubber Feet....!!!! I do have your Pay Pal from other orders....!!!! Let me know and I will pay you.....? AL...!! (N3SHXX)
N3SHXX is offline Find More Posts by N3SHXX
Old Jan 08, 2013, 02:32 PM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
874 Posts
Hey guys any picks of the v3 frames... Wanna see how they look! I wanna do a Naza Setup for my next atmattan quad which I'll be getting probably next month... Been hearing quite a bit about the v3 , no clue how they look!

Cheers
Ayo
Ayodhya is offline Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Jan 08, 2013, 02:55 PM
...you hear that, Mr Anderson?
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2012
77 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayodhya View Post
Hey guys any picks of the v3 frames... Wanna see how they look! I wanna do a Naza Setup for my next atmattan quad which I'll be getting probably next month... Been hearing quite a bit about the v3 , no clue how they look!

Cheers
Ayo
I noticed the first one of its kind going on sale a few days ago...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1802477
Inevitability is offline Find More Posts by Inevitability
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:39 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,423 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by N3SHXX View Post
Hey Chris, I will take the Square Tubing Frame kit for $30.00 if you can include the Old Style Plastic Standoffs with the Rubber Feet....!!!! I do have your Pay Pal from other orders....!!!! Let me know and I will pay you.....? AL...!! (N3SHXX)
OK. This was added to your order, Sir. Payment pending. Remember that at this price the arms are not drilled. How long you want the arms to be?

And mare22, I have more of this stuff if you wanted one, too.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:40 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBiggz View Post
Hey Chris, I received my M230 Quad yesterday. Everything was perfect! I love how you do business. I've yet to receive my Tx & Rx from MyRcMart so i cant play with it yet. Left you a feedback and hope to do future trades with you. one.
Good to hear, Sir. Thanks for the feedback. I will reciprocate shortly.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:57 PM
Joined Jun 2008
372 Posts
Trader Rating: 43
Suare tube order size

Quote:
ok. This was added to your order, sir. Payment pending. Remember that at this price the arms are not drilled. How long you want the arms to be?

And mare22, i have more of this stuff if you wanted one, too.

Best,
chris
Chris I sent you the payment....!!! Could you make the length of the tubes for a 400 size Quad, thought I would experiment with that size with the square tubing, bigger quad maybe for a camera......??? THANKS AGAIN, AL...!!!!(N3SHXX)
N3SHXX is offline Find More Posts by N3SHXX
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:03 PM
United States, NJ, Fairfield
Joined Jan 2012
81 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
I need some suggestions from someone. I bent the end of one the arms on my quad in a crash and i need to get the motor off so i can fix it but two of the screw heads on the motor stripped out while trying to remove them. Should i try to drill them out? I just dont want to ruin the threads on the motor itself.
mactek is online now Find More Posts by mactek
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:34 PM
Master of Disaster!
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Dec 2012
277 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactek View Post
I need some suggestions from someone. I bent the end of one the arms on my quad in a crash and i need to get the motor off so i can fix it but two of the screw heads on the motor stripped out while trying to remove them. Should i try to drill them out? I just dont want to ruin the threads on the motor itself.
That's going to be tough to fix. I would only drill the screws as a last resort because there is a good chance that will ruin the threads in the motor and not leave much left of the screw to turn out. My suggestion would be to use a jig-saw with a thin blade. Stick the blade in the end of the hollow arm and use it to shear the head off the screw. This should allow you to remove the motor from the arm and still leave enough of the screw sticking out of the motor to be able to use pliers to turn it out by hand. Good luck!
Justin83 is offline Find More Posts by Justin83
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:36 PM
United States, NY, Bronx
Joined Dec 2012
35 Posts
Hey Chris, on page 1 you have the propellers size listed as eg: 7045, but the site that you link to as them numbered 0745. Was that a typo or they the same item?
MrBiggz is offline Find More Posts by MrBiggz
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:39 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,423 Posts
Quote:
Hey Chris, on page 1 you have the propellers size listed as eg: 7045, but the site that you link to as them numbered 0745. Was that a typo or they the same item?
Same, same.

C.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:41 PM
Master of Disaster!
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Dec 2012
277 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Quote:
That's just there own unique SKU number. Those are the correct ones. 7045 means a 7" propeller with a pitch of 4.5"

Also, if you are at all new to quadcopters I recommend buying several sets at once. You will need them.
Justin83 is offline Find More Posts by Justin83
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:23 PM
Tennessee
Joined Mar 2005
111 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactek View Post
Should i try to drill them out? I just dont want to ruin the threads on the motor itself.
You can also try a "small dab" of lapping compound or valve grinding compound on the tip of the screwdriver and press firmly against the screw when trying to turn the screw out. The compound helps the screw driver tip grip the screw head. Use good quality tools!!! Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin83 View Post
That's going to be tough to fix. I would only drill the screws as a last resort because there is a good chance that will ruin the threads in the motor and not leave much left of the screw to turn out. My suggestion would be to use a jig-saw with a thin blade. Stick the blade in the end of the hollow arm and use it to shear the head off the screw. This should allow you to remove the motor from the arm and still leave enough of the screw sticking out of the motor to be able to use pliers to turn it out by hand. Good luck!
Good idea! Also a long debur bit on a dremel tool to remove the screw heads. But you will have to think about the metal dust that may get into the motor.
romeodz is offline Find More Posts by romeodz
Last edited by romeodz; Jan 08, 2013 at 09:30 PM.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:27 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,434 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
If you do resort to drilling left hand bits will sometimes unscrew the fastener as well. I have a kit for that around here somewhere...
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread