HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:29 AM
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3UmBrA View Post
You need to follow the order process thats in the FIRST post of this thread...
Am I missing something?
Could you please tell me how i should do it then?
martinohansen is offline Find More Posts by martinohansen
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:57 AM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayodhya View Post
+1

1.Same for me , first thing I did was watch the thread.. This thread grows like wild weed ... There's pages showing up over night at times!

2 being a newbie I needed something almost unbreakable..this is exactly that.

3, build quality is crazy clean, no wires etc

4 the builder is very helpful, caters to all our questions, from the lamest to the most informative.

5 each quad built is unique in its own right , via the custom combinations, be it color, material used , or equipment.

6 builder provides spares and extras and advices where to source remaining spares m such as motors, props etc

7 build is flown and tested, and gives a buyer a sense of security before it even comes to his hand.

8 builder pays attention to detail.

9, builder is organized , regardless what he says lol, everything is itemized , sorted, and labelled , even the order itself.

10 does not rush regardless the quantity to be made , hence work quality, and build quality is not compromised.

11 Builder constantly tries to improve the design, meaning better products for us all.

12 Finally the price, unmatched, very affordable, thus keeps us coming back for more.

So you see, the price is a driving factor, but on a whole, so are all the other factors.

Just keep what your doing chris, we are with you all the way.

My next setup from you will be the fpv setup when your ready to put it out .

Cheers
Ayo
Very, very, well said Ayo!

I was trying to say the same but had too many bowls of cold barley soup to convey my thoughts. Rexless, you had me laughing from the word "Glory" Good shid my ninjite! One of these days we'll cross trails and the beers on me brother. I've watched your latest vid's man.....the forest seen was straight the f-up out of a movie....so cool man, keep up the hard work!

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:05 AM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
878 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post

I was trying to say the same but had too many bowls of cold barley soup to convey my thoughts. Rexless, you had me laughing from the word "Glory" Good shid my ninjite! One of these days we'll cross trails and the beers on me brother. I've watched your latest vid's man.....the forest seen was straight the f-up out of a movie....so cool man, keep up the hard work!

-Pat
Hehe thanks pat, cheers for that! I'm just giving credit where it's due, plus this thread has gotten really long now, so at least new folks interested in acquiring Chris's quads will get an idea what happens and what's actually involved when they order from him. Some ppl tend to be particular about details, I hope this is detailed enough for them to understand what armattans are all about. :beer:
Ayodhya is offline Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:29 AM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinohansen View Post
Am I missing something?
Could you please tell me how i should do it then?
Hey,
It's not as complicated as it sounds.

Simply, go through the first post, by bobpine, there you will see 3 specific model types. Read the description for them carefully, after doing so you can decide on what you need. The models are offered in two forms dyi(do it your self) or rxr( it's like ready to fly but you have to have your own rx & tx) .
Once you decide on the model you want then decide if you need additional options, such as spares, bear in mind, when I say spares, I mean frame related spares, not props, motors and electronics. For example, spare arms, skids.. Centre plates..you get what I mean.

To get a better idea, when you scroll down the first post, you'll see the order list on how ppl have ordered, use that for reference to build you're own list of requirements.

Then, only then, when you know what you want, put a post on this thread mentioning all of your requirements. Should you require a size not mentioned, inquire on the post if you can get the size you need. Bear in mind a custom/design size would be more, because the cost to make a specific size just for you is more labor intensive.

Finally after you submit your post the builder will respond to you, the more detailed and concise you are the Less time you will waste, both yours and the builders. So take time to know what you need.

You can send him a pm but do not flood the poor guys inbox, a lot of ppl order, so you can imagine how difficult it would be for him to give you feed back on multiple pm's. Start with the post stating your requirements, and then when he responds to it and should you need to discuss things with him, only then drop him a pm.. Mention the subject as he says in the first post, i.e your requirement and you're rcg user name.

Lol and if you wanna know what makes an armattan special, read the post by me above where I give it in point form lol
:beer:
Cheers
Ayo
Ayodhya is offline Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Last edited by Ayodhya; Jan 03, 2013 at 08:37 AM.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:03 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,468 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post

-Pat
LOL, glad to be able to contribute something to this great group!
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by rexless; Jan 03, 2013 at 11:03 AM. Reason: typo
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:55 AM
United States, TX, Spur
Joined Sep 2011
317 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan's Flyin View Post
Thank you but you would have to talk with Chris on that. Are you talking about the quad with the "bent" arms? That's the Squid. I am testing it all this week. Video coming soon.

No, I already have a quote for a Squid. This one Bryan.

Name: IMAG0963.jpg
Views: 64
Size: 213.1 KB
Description:

Thurmond
T3PRanch is offline Find More Posts by T3PRanch
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:04 AM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,740 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
I agree. Price and quality are factors, but the customer service sells Chris's quads.

Where else does a seller send you a photo of the international tracking number, and links to two videos showing your quad flying, and how to configure it?

Now all I want is a small gimbal machined from CNC that can support a small cam and can be easily attached to the 355's bottom plate.
daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:07 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,468 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by daskim View Post
I agree. Price and quality are factors, but the customer service sells Chris's quads.

Where else does a seller send you a photo of the international tracking number, and links to two videos showing your quad flying, and how to configure it?

Now all I want is a small gimbal machined from CNC that can support a small cam and can be easily attached to the 355's bottom plate.
Agreed and I'd dig one of those too. Let's design it!
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New Quad Design
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:53 PM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,458 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
Agreed and I'd dig one of those too. Let's design it!
If I knew anything about the camera I'd CAD one out for him no problem, but I have never played with or owned anything like that stuff.
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:21 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,660 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Hello,

I have to work in the morning and it's silly late. Sorry, I will reply to your posts tomorrow. Orders placed and inquiries have been read. Please refer to the first page of this thread when ordering. If you email me, enter your user name in the email subject/title to help me out, and please be specific when you order. For example, if you order a CNC 355, this leaves me wondering if you want metallic or black center plates. If you email me without including your user name, this leaves me wondering who is emailing me and what post is the email tied to. Instructions to this regard are noted on page 1 of this thread.

Please help me out, here guys. Time is money.

In any case, I appreciate your interest nonetheless an I will take the time to reply to posts and emails tomorrow.

Thank you.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 03, 2013, 05:12 PM
United States, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Dec 2009
66 Posts
Chris,
" IF" you are taking orders for the 355 CNC this weekend, I"d like to order a CNC 355 V3 DIY KIT with the black center plate. If not I can wait until after the 10th.
I have several aerobatic quads and I consider the 355 I got from you to be the absolute best quad I've ever flown! I want to get a back-up so I'll never be without one to fly! I'd be happy to pay as soon as you confirm the cost.
Ron244 is online now Find More Posts by Ron244
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:43 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron244 View Post
Chris,
" IF" you are taking orders for the 355 CNC this weekend, I"d like to order a CNC 355 V3 DIY KIT with the black center plate. If not I can wait until after the 10th.
I have several aerobatic quads and I consider the 355 I got from you to be the absolute best quad I've ever flown! I want to get a back-up so I'll never be without one to fly! I'd be happy to pay as soon as you confirm the cost.
Hi,

I can take this order and should have it in the mail before the end of next week, Sir.

Please confirm if that's OK with you and I'll add you to the list.

Thank you.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:46 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael L View Post
Chris,
Seeing your post that you may have all the parts to build some CNC 355s this weekend, I would like to order one, if possible, an RXR with metal arms, black anodized center plates, and CNC landing skids. I'd like red props on the front and black on the rear, if possible.
Hello,

I should be able to have this in the mail before the end of next week. Confirm if this is OK with you and I will put you on the list.

Thank you, Sir.

PS. If you email me, please add your user name in the subject line of the email.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:48 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by major.monogram View Post
Hey Chris,

Did you say that you are not able to take orders on just the cnc or rxr builds right now? Are you able to do DIY kits on the Armattan M (Black) or are those on hold until the 10th as well? NP if so. I'll just continue staring at the pictures and videos here obsessively until then.

Also, can somebody help me out on the sizes? Is there somewhere that lists all of the standard sizes for each model or can they be custom for each? Not sure whether to go with the 355 or 400 on the M. Is bigger more stable like a heli? Thanks!

Casey
Hi Casey,

I replied to your email. Once you confirm I'll put you on the list.

Thank you.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:51 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodbust View Post
Have to say,,, of all the quads I am impressed with your efforts.. Glad someone has taken hold of this area and putting out parts/kits and RTF..

American dream in action...

Will pace the floor till the 10th to order.
Sodbust
Let me know what you're after, Sir.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread