HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:18 AM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHayat View Post
Just a joke, nothing to it. But I do like that new low center of gravity frame. Maybe Chris will offer it as a Standard frame.
You can get the Squid from Chris for sure, but please know it does cost more!!

More labor intensive, but well worth it. I haven't shown you guys the outside video yet.......
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:34 AM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Trader Rating: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin83 View Post
My God, its beautiful where you live. I'm jealous. I live in suburbia hell with no snow in sight.

Justin,

I used to live in Clarksville, and it is beautiful where you live compared to where I am now! I'm stuck in the oil patch that I grew up in. No trees, no hills, no mountains, no water (rain/snow/standing/running or otherwise), hell, no grass....well, i'm sure some grass but not the kind you walk on or fly over....lol. I miss TN.
major.monogram is offline Find More Posts by major.monogram
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:55 AM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
878 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Nicely done Bryan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan's Flyin View Post
Hello guys! Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable New Year. Here are a FEW of my Armattan's. I am working on my new Slim-Line, low profile center by eliminating the dist board in favor a a harness. It stands 1 inch from the top of the top center plate.

Many thanks to Chris and all you guys from around the world on here that make this a friendly, informative thread.

Best wishes for the coming year!
Ayodhya is offline Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Jan 01, 2013, 05:51 AM
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,114 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
I haven't shown you guys the outside video yet.......
But remember, you promised us
You didn't specifically answer my other question. Which frame flies better the CNC355 or the aluminum version? If I were to get one which one? Secondly, I want to fly smooth and learn to control hovering. Should I go with 450 size?
Thanks!
BenHayat is online now Find More Posts by BenHayat
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:48 AM
Master of Disaster!
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Dec 2012
302 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by major.monogram View Post
Justin,

I used to live in Clarksville, and it is beautiful where you live compared to where I am now! I'm stuck in the oil patch that I grew up in. No trees, no hills, no mountains, no water (rain/snow/standing/running or otherwise), hell, no grass....well, i'm sure some grass but not the kind you walk on or fly over....lol. I miss TN.
True. I guess it could be worse. I've got friends that live in Clarksville. Army brats from Fort Campbell. I do love the hills of Tennessee. Nice scenery, just not much snow in middle Tennessee. My friends up north have all the fun.
Justin83 is offline Find More Posts by Justin83
Old Jan 01, 2013, 08:21 AM
United States, NJ, Fairfield
Joined Jan 2012
91 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
I have been having some problems with orientation on my m356 quad so I made some slight modifications that will hopefully help me out. I also borrowed a go pro from work to shoot some video. Name: uploadfromtaptalk1357050099405.jpg
Views: 92
Size: 78.2 KB
Description:
mactek is online now Find More Posts by mactek
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:14 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,666 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Sorry guys, no time to post replies now. I'm off to watch a movie and off to bed early as I work tomorrow.

Just a quick announcement. As promised, the orders I said would ship this Friday will be in the mail and other orders after that were told there would be a longer turn around time because I will have the parts on January 10th. I'll do my best to have the orders prepared so that everything is ready when the metal parts arrive. Things like flasing and shrinking ESCs, preparing the boxes for shipping, writing labels, coating and drilling the M frames, etc. So things should be smooth and should ship shortly after the 10th of this month.

That said, I am now closing for orders until January 10th. Not taking any more orders until the parts are ready because I hate feeling overwhelmed with too many orders. This is still a lot more of a hobby for me than it is a business and I want to keep it fun and enjoyable.

Thank you for your patience and understanding and I'll be ready to accept more orders in 10 days from now. As for the next 10 days, I will enjoy some much deserved time off and I will be working on a FPV design. Designing is what I enjoy the most (after flying), so it should be a fun time for me in the next week or so.

Ben,
I will be back here to show some drawings and ask for some feedback regarding the FPV design.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:00 AM
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
sorry guys, no time to post replies now. I'm off to watch a movie and off to bed early as i work tomorrow.

Just a quick announcement. As promised, the orders i said would ship this friday will be in the mail and other orders after that were told there would be a longer turn around time because i will have the parts on january 10th. I'll do my best to have the orders prepared so that everything is ready when the metal parts arrive. Things like flasing and shrinking escs, preparing the boxes for shipping, writing labels, coating and drilling the m frames, etc. So things should be smooth and should ship shortly after the 10th of this month.

That said, i am now closing for orders until january 10th. Not taking any more orders until the parts are ready because i hate feeling overwhelmed with too many orders. This is still a lot more of a hobby for me than it is a business and i want to keep it fun and enjoyable.

thank you for your patience and understanding and i'll be ready to accept more orders in 10 days from now. As for the next 10 days, i will enjoy some much deserved time off and i will be working on a fpv design. Designing is what i enjoy the most (after flying), so it should be a fun time for me in the next week or so.

Ben,
i will be back here to show some drawings and ask for some feedback regarding the fpv design.

Best,
chris
enjoy!!!
BenHayat is online now Find More Posts by BenHayat
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:05 AM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
878 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Oh finally mr.workaholic takes a break, enjoy it Chris , I think I speak for everyone when I say " come back soon chief !"

Enjoy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Sorry guys, no time to post replies now. I'm off to watch a movie and off to bed early as I work tomorrow.

Just a quick announcement. As promised, the orders I said would ship this Friday will be in the mail and other orders after that were told there would be a longer turn around time because I will have the parts on January 10th. I'll do my best to have the orders prepared so that everything is ready when the metal parts arrive. Things like flasing and shrinking ESCs, preparing the boxes for shipping, writing labels, coating and drilling the M frames, etc. So things should be smooth and should ship shortly after the 10th of this month.

That said, I am now closing for orders until January 10th. Not taking any more orders until the parts are ready because I hate feeling overwhelmed with too many orders. This is still a lot more of a hobby for me than it is a business and I want to keep it fun and enjoyable.

Thank you for your patience and understanding and I'll be ready to accept more orders in 10 days from now. As for the next 10 days, I will enjoy some much deserved time off and I will be working on a FPV design. Designing is what I enjoy the most (after flying), so it should be a fun time for me in the next week or so.

Ben,
I will be back here to show some drawings and ask for some feedback regarding the FPV design.

Best,
Chris
Ayodhya is offline Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:48 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,472 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayNinh68 View Post
Beyond maintaining a stable flight attitude for cams, the most critical maneuver for an FPV aircraft is a vertical descent, as the aircraft must generate enough lift to reduce vertical airspeed while trashing through it's own rotor wash.
Soo .. who's up for some snow flying
When I was flying a couple days ago I was doing a long vertical descent back down through the trees and had some pretty severe looking wash to contend with. It sounded like the blades were really struggling and were pulsing to maintain stability and control. The great part is, having done this many times with the V929, the result was impressive. On the camera later I didn't even notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin83 View Post
My God, its beautiful where you live. I'm jealous. I live in suburbia hell with no snow in sight.
Did someone say snow flying? I'm in, but only because I have to!
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:49 AM
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Sep 2012
124 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Can't.wait.for.the fpv version....
Maseo54 is offline Find More Posts by Maseo54
Old Jan 01, 2013, 08:58 PM
United States, TX, Spur
Joined Sep 2011
317 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Quote:
Hello guys! Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable New Year. Here are a FEW of my Armattan's. I am working on my new Slim-Line, low profile center by eliminating the dist board in favor a a harness. It stands 1 inch from the top of the top center plate.

Many thanks to Chris and all you guys from around the world on here that make this a friendly, informative thread.

Best wishes for the coming year!
Man o man Bryan, I like those extended arms on the bottom row 2nd pic from the left. Is that the secret weapon? You need to send that one to me for testing in a VERY dry environment.

Thurmond
T3PRanch is offline Find More Posts by T3PRanch
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:01 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3PRanch View Post
Man o man Bryan, I like those extended arms on the bottom row 2nd pic from the left. Is that the secret weapon? You need to send that one to me for testing in a VERY dry environment.

Thurmond
Thank you but you would have to talk with Chris on that. Are you talking about the quad with the "bent" arms? That's the Squid. I am testing it all this week. Video coming soon.
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:15 AM
Quad Pilot
Ferndale Wa
Joined Apr 2009
295 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Quote:
Thank you but you would have to talk with Chris on that. Are you talking about the quad with the "bent" arms? That's the Squid. I am testing it all this week. Video coming soon.
Cant wait to see the results, I've been messing around with my cnc 355 for fpv as of late, if this shows promise I would love to utilize it for a dedicated fpv rig.
ShawnG is offline Find More Posts by ShawnG
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:40 AM
Sodbust NW Kansas
United States, KS, Penokee
Joined Oct 2012
176 Posts
Have to say,,, of all the quads I am impressed with your efforts.. Glad someone has taken hold of this area and putting out parts/kits and RTF..

American dream in action...

Will pace the floor till the 10th to order.
Sodbust
Sodbust is offline Find More Posts by Sodbust
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just an old farmer... !!
Closed Thread