HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:11 AM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Creepy1's Avatar
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,416 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Maybe I'll mess with Bryan and ship this to him, instead. (230mm)



Chris

PS: Bryan's wife is not only VERY cool, she is also... erm.. like... HOT.

Best,
Chris
Is that plate on backwards?
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:13 AM
bobepine's Avatar
Joined Jun 2011
7,555 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy1 View Post
Is that plate on backwards?
Holy crap! It is!!!!

Aaargh...

C.
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:13 AM
Registered User
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy1 View Post
I'm guessing Bry is single, or has the best wife in the world. How many quads is that now? I await your indoor flight of the 700. hehehe.
No, I am married to a quite beautiful little school teacher, but I learned long ago to keep them happy and you can get away with murder!!

I have 23 quads now, NOT including the small ones like the V929's and mini pets and 13 more frames sitting here in the boxes, brand new but these damn Armattan quads have spoiled me. I had more but have sold a few. So I guess that it will be 3 more when I receive these from Chris.

I hope to be the 2nd person to fly the M750......Go ahead Chris and do it!!!
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:19 AM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Creepy1's Avatar
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,416 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan's Flyin View Post
No, I am married to a quite beautiful little school teacher, but I learned long ago to keep them happy and you can get away with murder!!

I have 23 quads now, NOT including the small ones like the V929's and mini pets and 13 more frames sitting here in the boxes, brand new but these damn Armattan quads have spoiled me. I had more but have sold a few. So I guess that it will be 3 more when I receive these from Chris.

I hope to be the 2nd person to fly the M750......Go ahead Chris and do it!!!
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:20 AM
Registered User
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan's Flyin View Post
No, I am married to a quite beautiful little school teacher, but I learned long ago to keep them happy and you can get away with murder!!

I have 23 quads now
23 quads, hooly smokes maan

I have only ONE Armattan and one spare frame for it in my closet

Thinking about dedicated FPV rig (maybe Chris will come up next after acrobatic design is now perfect ).

I haven't flown my poor V929 and V939 since i started messing with A stuff
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:20 AM
Registered User
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Maybe I'll mess with Bryan and ship this to him, instead. (230mm)



Chris

PS: Bryan's wife is not only VERY cool, she is also... erm.. like... HOT.

Best,
Chris
I'll put that on my Christmas tree as an ornament if you send it to me
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:26 AM
Registered User
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafter View Post
23 quads, hooly smokes maan

I have only ONE Armattan and one spare frame for it in my closet

Thinking about dedicated FPV rig (maybe Chris will come up next after acrobatic design is now perfect ).

I haven't flown my poor V929 and V939 since i started messing with A stuff
Same here. They were fun in the beginning, but the Armattan's spoiled me for most others.
By the way, your video was damn sweet! That was some great flying.
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:28 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
rexless's Avatar
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,444 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Here's a pic of Rexless' build. Metallic look with powder coated orange rear arms. I really like the look of it and I think it's excellent for orientation. Creepy 1 has the same but his has the orange on the front. I was quite confused test flying his build because I'm used to having color at the rear like this:



Best,
Chris
C'est Magnifique! I've watched the flight test video and it's great. I cannot wait to do some video of this!!!
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:31 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
RCCrashTestDummy's Avatar
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I can make you some arms and extension cables, but you're going to need bigger motors and bigger props, you know? The motors you have now won't run 12 inch + props.

Best,
Chris
Sweet!

Chris after looking at the pic of Bryan's 750 (Freaking AWESOME) I want to scale it down to 700mm overall. In the beginning I plan to try the current motors with 11" props. If I'm not happy I'll offer-up the 4 slightly used and the 4 brand new motors I have on the way to the guys here in this thread first...Keep'em in the family so to speak. I'm running 2650 and 3000mah 40C batt's and they will handle those flimsy 11" Gemfans just fine...We'll see how it flies.

So the order would be 6 arms (bare) with a 700mm overall length, and the extensions. Just let me know what I'll owe ya, and I'll get you squared-up right away.

Thanks Chris,

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:32 PM
Look out! Mayday! Mayday!
Chingus's Avatar
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Jan 2012
283 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Well I was going to order a RxR Armattan CNC 355 with black anodized plates and rear orange arms (if your doing that.) but I guess I'm waiting until Chris clears up his current orders...

Looks like I should have acted quicker! Damn! I've been reading the old thread for a while now and thought I'd make a move on the new one. Looks very slick btw Chris! Hopefully I can sneak in on the next round of orders
Chingus is online now Find More Posts by Chingus
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:40 PM
Registered User
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan's Flyin View Post
Same here. They were fun in the beginning, but the Armattan's spoiled me for most others.
By the way, your video was damn sweet! That was some great flying.
Try this settings on one of your Armattans you should be able to fly like me

Be warned that it will bounce on landing

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=60
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:40 PM
bobepine's Avatar
Joined Jun 2011
7,555 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingus View Post
Well I was going to order a RxR Armattan CNC 355 with black anodized plates and rear orange arms (if your doing that.) but I guess I'm waiting until Chris clears up his current orders...

Looks like I should have acted quicker! Damn! I've been reading the old thread for a while now and thought I'd make a move on the new one. Looks very slick btw Chris! Hopefully I can sneak in on the next round of orders
Alright. You're in, if you don't mind waiting a bit I will take your order. Confirm, please, Sir.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:57 PM
Registered User
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
when/if orders re-open i may have to order one like the Rexless powder-coated, that's a sweet looking frame. i think NORAD will be tracking Bryan's M750. (Chris, i'd like my CNC 355 all metal pls.)
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Last edited by adrenahelin; Nov 18, 2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:59 PM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Cherry Hill
Joined Nov 2010
132 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
Chris,
I'll take aluminum center plate (non anodized). Do I pay when notified of shipping or before?

Thanks
Kopterkat is online now Find More Posts by Kopterkat
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:10 PM
Registered User
United States, FL, Bradenton
Joined Jan 2012
301 Posts
Trader Rating: 36
You guys must be prejudice against tricopters Lol.....
surprised nobody has mentioned that flavor yet.
overmyhead is online now Find More Posts by overmyhead
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Armattan Quads Announcement: Upgrade Parts bobepine Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 16 Oct 13, 2012 12:07 PM
Sold RX Ready Custom Sports Quad: Armattan 362 bobepine Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 9 Sep 24, 2012 01:24 PM
Sold Open Pilot CC quad with aluminum Frame/ leds.Update listing 18 Jan price lowered tc3wins Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 8 Jan 18, 2012 07:35 PM
Sold Quad frame for sale!!! previously listed. as full quad. tc3wins Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 3 Aug 25, 2011 08:56 AM