HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:14 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,569 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsflyrv View Post
Ok ship me M230 frame now and 258 when it is ready, pm me price for 258 and will paypal. I love Mini Quads with lots of power.

Your doing great stuff and setting the bar high for the rest of the quad makers to make a tough little quad.

Thanks,

#27 M230 received built and flying
#63 M230 frame
?# CNC 258 frame

Or Just sell me your old used 258 quad
Hello,

Your order is added to the first page. You did not specify if you want black or metallic center plates.

And just to put this out there, orders shipped after the 10th of January will be using V3 center plates. If someone requests metallic, the top plate will be metallic and the bottom plate black. If someone requests black, the top plate will be black and the bottom plate will be metallic. This is the best way for me to keep my inventory in shape so that I can always offer black or metallic because all I have to do is order an equal amount of black and metallic plates. Plus, I think a mix of both colors depending on preferences brings together the best of both worlds in terms of aesthetics. You can have the rugged look with metal plate on top or the refined look with black on top but still metal on the bottom show the tough metal construction. I like em like that a lot. Plus, it's original. No one else does this. It might become an Armattan trademark.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:19 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy1 View Post
Just curious but has anyone bent the cnc arms yet?
I have bent a 325 and a 255. Arms was easily straightened back to shape and it's not really noticeable. Both crashes would have shattered any commercially available arms on the market at the moment. It really is nice to be able to just remove the motor, hammer the arm down and go back flying.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:26 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHayat View Post
@Chris;

Hi Chris;
Got a question for you. I've got a brand new Turnigy 9X radio with receiver that I would like to use with one of your packages. Is it possible for me to ship you the radio with receiver that you can set it up with kit ready to fly and add my LED lights (for direction) and low battery alert all for extra fee for your time ? This way, you can build a true RTF package, all we need is just to add battery.

Thank you in advance and Happy New year!

p.s. I was just watching your last video. Did you say you're in Taiwan? If so, then it's no sense me sending you the Radio. :-)
Hi,

Correct, I'm a Canadian living in Taiwan. You know, there is a guy who is posting in the classifieds at the moment. He's based in the US and he's offering a build service. You might want to check with him what he would charge you for this service. I could ship him a DIY kit on your behalf and he could build it and sort out your radio, etc. That might be a good option if his price is reasonable. Here's a link to the poster in question:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1795149

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:32 PM
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,088 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Hi,

Correct, I'm a Canadian living in Taiwan. You know, there is a guy who is posting in the classifieds at the moment. He's based in the US and he's offering a build service. You might want to check with him what he would charge you for this service. I could ship him a DIY kit on your behalf and he could build it and sort out your radio, etc. That might be a good option if his price is reasonable. Here's a link to the poster in question:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1795149

Best,
Chris
Thanks Chris, I'll check with him and I have another guy too. So, we can send them the kit. I knew you had Canadian accent but the Taiwan throw me off.
BTW, did you think about my suggestion of the website? You're getting big & famous, faster than you think.

I'll get back to you later with more details and size.
Take care buddy!
BenHayat is offline Find More Posts by BenHayat
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:33 PM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
407 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Quote:
Hello,

Your order is added to the first page. You did not specify if you want black or metallic center plates.

And just to put this out there, orders shipped after the 10th of January will be using V3 center plates. If someone requests metallic, the top plate will be metallic and the bottom plate black. If someone requests black, the top plate will be black and the bottom plate will be metallic. This is the best way for me to keep my inventory in shape so that I can always offer black or metallic because all I have to do is order an equal amount of black and metallic plates. Plus, I think a mix of both colors depending on preferences brings together the best of both worlds in terms of aesthetics. You can have the rugged look with metal plate on top or the refined look with black on top but still metal on the bottom show the tough metal construction. I like em like that a lot. Plus, it's original. No one else does this. It might become an Armattan trademark.

Best,
Chris

#67 jsflyrv CNC 258 frame BLACK
jsflyrv is online now Find More Posts by jsflyrv
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:41 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
Chris, i'd like to get on the list for a CNC258 frame, metal finish arms and top plate, CC3D compatible mount pls, also if you sell the motors on your 258 (1800kv?) i'm interested, thanks.
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:12 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenahelin View Post
Chris, i'd like to get on the list for a CNC258 frame, metal finish arms and top plate, CC3D compatible mount pls, also if you sell the motors on your 258 (1800kv?) i'm interested, thanks.
Hello,

Here's the thing about the CC3D mounts. The holes are there and the CC3D will just install on there in seconds. But this creates a problem in terms of using a distribution board because typically, distro boards are 45mm hole to hole and this is not compatible with the CC boards. You then have two options:

1- Do not use a distro board and build a power harness to connect the ESCs instead. This is not an easy task with only 4mm of space between the center plates, but it can be done, I think. (Won't look as clean and smaller wires may need to be used) Personally, I prefer to use a distribution board so I would recommend option 2 below.

2- This is what I've been doing and it works great. I basically modify a distribution board by drilling 4 holes for the CC3D in the center of the distro board where I mount 4 short stand offs. The CC3D then sits on top of the distro board and it's mounted solidly using proper nylon hardware. And then you can still use the outer holes on the distro board to mount longer standoffs on which the top Armattan clear plate sits to protect the CC3D. This is actually a nicer setup then when I mount the KK2 because if you crash and damage the top plate and the standoffs the plate is mounted to, the standoffs for the top plate are mounted independently from the CC3d so it puts no stress on the CC3D. The stress is only on the top plate and distro board mounts but not on the CC3d mount.

If the above isn't clear to you, let me know and I'll post a picture.

If you want, I can ship your frame kit with a modified distro board with nylon mounts already installed for the CC3D. No extra cost.

Let me know and I'll add you to the list.

Thank you.
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:19 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_TEKK View Post
Hello Chris,

Got the package last week ;O) very nice build, can't wait to try!!! still missing 3S batteries, coming soon from HK. Thank you and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Hi,

Really happy to hear this found you well, Sir. Please remember to update my traders ratings if you have not already done that. I shall reciprocate.

All the best to you and yours for the New Year, as well.

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:20 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
re CC3D setup: perfect Chris, i'll go with that, thank you.
order# 68, ok thanks again and have a happy new year!
01/01 payment sent
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Last edited by adrenahelin; Jan 01, 2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:21 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmelvin2012 View Post
I did on my 2nd flight with my cnc 255.It was easy to fix.I just removed the motor and the arm and bent it back.You cant even tell it was crashed. Its one tough quad. I just got it this morning, so im still learning.It is so fast and a great quad.Chris builds some of the best quads and im glad i got one.Thank you Chris.
Glad to hear this found you well, too, Sir.

Many thanks for the feedback and the kind words.

Happy flying!

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:27 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenahelin View Post
re CC3D setup: perfect Chris, i'll go with that, thank you.
OK. You're on the list on page 1, Sir.

Remember, parts will be here on January 10 which is a Thursday. Will be shipping the following week.

Thank you.

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:21 AM
United States, FL, Bradenton
Joined Jan 2012
301 Posts
Trader Rating: 36
Chris,
in the video a couple pages back where you are flying the 258 quad what is your powertrain set-up including prop size? 20 amp esc's?

Thanks,
Mike
overmyhead is offline Find More Posts by overmyhead
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:39 AM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:

Correct, I'm a Canadian living in Taiwan.
Best,
Chris
I was going to ask that, as I was thinking that might be the case.

Could you post a side by side pic of the V2 & V3 center plates? As I recall there's a bigger hole in the V3. Also, did the material change as well, or is that another future potential update?

cheers,
Andrew

(from snowy Canada. I'm thinking I'll have to put my KK2 & RX inside a plastic box for snow protection ('cause I know I'm going to have more "unplanned landings"). Still trying to figure out what to do on the ESC front. Here's a pic of my "flying field" at the farm, and we've had another foot and a half or snow since this was taken).
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:41 AM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by overmyhead View Post
Chris,
in the video a couple pages back where you are flying the 258 quad what is your powertrain set-up including prop size? 20 amp esc's?

Thanks,
Mike
I was going to ask the same thing. Would be handy if in your videos you mentioned this info, plus battery specs.

cheers,
Andrew
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:57 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by overmyhead View Post
Chris,

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

-F20 Simonk ESCs
-2822/1800kv RCX motors
-7045 props
-OPCC FC
-2200 mAh 40c (Angel Power) and 2250mAh 35c (Desire)

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread