SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:27 AM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
881 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
hi chris,

Sent u a PM , also did the trader rating , n feed back.

cheers
ayo
Ayodhya is offline Find More Posts by Ayodhya
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:47 PM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,525 Posts
Trader Rating: 18
Had the 450 out with the ol'man. Two trees, two snow banks, and one unintentional landing on a snow covered roof. Fun times!!!
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:47 PM
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,152 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan's Flyin View Post
The Squid is done. Just finished it a few minutes ago. So here ya go with pictures and I'm going out to fly it. The weather sucks, but it looks like most of the snow might miss us!
Did Chris make you this frame or you made it? I love this frame.
BenHayat is offline Find More Posts by BenHayat
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:27 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHayat View Post
Did Chris make you this frame or you made it? I love this frame.
I got it from Chris.
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:32 PM
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,152 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
I got it from Chris.
Thanks. I need to Chris, I guess.
How does it fly compared to if the motors were at the same level of the center? Or is this just to look different?
BenHayat is offline Find More Posts by BenHayat
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:22 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHayat View Post
Thanks. I need to Chris, I guess.
How does it fly compared to if the motors were at the same level of the center? Or is this just to look different?
I have only flown it inside. It has tons of power. The main reason to bend the arms was to lift the props up out of the view of a camera and I liked the looks.
I'll be able to tell you more after an outside flight or 2, weather needs to cooperate too.
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:47 PM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
881 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
I have only flown it inside. It has tons of power. The main reason to bend the arms was to lift the props up out of the view of a camera and I liked the looks.
I'll be able to tell you more after an outside flight or 2, weather needs to cooperate too.
Bryan,

I think my fingers just got bent pm'in you another 'essay' ! Any more and it's hello carpel tunnel syndrome lol

Oh and I hold strong to the previous claim, u and Chris - the force is strong in you masters!

Now if u will excuse me, I have to message my uber hot Swedish gf and tell her why ill be getting , a hubsanx4, wl 929 or lady bird, an armattan and a whole heap of spares shipped to me in the next few weeks to malaysia, when I should be or suppose to be in sweden next week. I'm so broke (but very happy) that I can't even afford a microwave dinner , jk

Ps- btw I'm definitely going for the Cadillac version next build.

If I don't see u gents it means she got to me and made Swedish meatballs outta me.
Ayodhya is offline Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:55 PM
Quad Pilot
Ferndale Wa
Joined Apr 2009
296 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
[QUOTE=Bryan's Flyin;23618344]Okay fellas, here is a short video of the Squid maiden inside. I would have taken it out in the snow, but it's a wet snow with rain and chunks of ice!!

Nothing real fancy here, but it does get kind of exciting at the end!!

Let me know what you think.

Thanks Chris "Kringle" !

Best watched in HD!

CNC 510 SquidCopter Maiden Indoor (3 min 22 sec)
[/QUOTE

Awesome build and great video Bryan thanks for sharing all of this, cant wait to see it outside, I may have missed it but is this going to be a dedicated fpv quad? if so I'd like one, i just got done with go pro video on the cnc 355 that I'll be sharing shortly.
ShawnG is offline Find More Posts by ShawnG
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:13 PM
Quad Pilot
Ferndale Wa
Joined Apr 2009
296 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Here is short vid of go pro on top of cnc 355, if i can find some room for my vtx i will will have some fpv footage also.
ARMATTAN CNC 355 GO PRO (2 min 20 sec)
ShawnG is offline Find More Posts by ShawnG
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:39 PM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
USA, WA, Spokane
Joined Nov 2003
1,259 Posts
Trader Rating: 125
Hello Armattan owners!!!

I'm going to place an order from MyRCMart for spare motors and ESCs and I wanted to know if you guys want to do a group purchase? We will split the shipping cost from MyRCMart and then I'll ship your items to you via USPS small flat rate for an additional $5.35. If you want in, send me a PM and I'll add you to the list below.

Group order

1. Jim Frahm QTY 5, RCX A2822/8, 2600KV motors. QTY 3, RCX 20amp ESC with SimonK

2. David Saraceno QTY 3 RCX A2822/8, 2600KV motors. QTY 3 RCX 20 amp ESC with Simon K

3. Bryan's Flyin QTY 4 motors. QTY 4 ESCs
Jim Frahm is offline Find More Posts by Jim Frahm
Last edited by Jim Frahm; Dec 29, 2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:50 PM
United States, GA, Loganville
Joined Nov 2012
76 Posts
Trader Rating: 17
Chris are you still taking orders? Given New Years coming up what can I anticipate as far as ship date?

Cheers,

Spanky
spanky916 is offline Find More Posts by spanky916
Last edited by spanky916; Dec 27, 2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:28 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,759 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky916 View Post
Chris are you still taking orders? Given New Years coming up what can I anticipate as far as ship date?

Cheers,

Spanky

Hi,

Sure. I can ship within 7 days.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:02 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,501 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Greetings Armattan Fans.

I've had a chance to burn through a half dozen batteries over the last few days. What I've found as far as batteries goes, is that the Nanotech 2650mah 3s 35-70c doesn't hold up nearly as nicely as the Zippy 2650mah 3s 45C battery. The Zippy handles a full 8-10 minutes of light to casual flying - only triggering the low voltage alarms right near the end of the flight. The Nanotech on the other hand starts triggering the low voltage alarm during strong accelerations after a few minutes. It still holds on for about 6-8 minutes of light flight. So hands down the Zippy battery is a much better choice for the Armattan.

So... I've compiled some video of the Armattan and my F45 into a mini-movie. It's a long one, 28 minutes. There's a guest in some of the scenes flying a small plane and another guess with his 4x4. I put it all together and played around with the camera views. The vibrations on the quad are quite strong at times. I'll have to work a bit harder on reducing the jello effect for future video. Anyway, here it is. I hope you enjoy it.

Flying Over Christmas (28 min 0 sec)
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:08 AM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Trader Rating: 49
Could a guy who's only quad experience is banging around an mQX take their time and learn on one of these or is it just too fast and powerful? If doing that wouldn't be crazy, what is the turnaround time right now on a "Armattan M (Black) RXR DIY Kit" with spares if possible? Thanks!
major.monogram is offline Find More Posts by major.monogram
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:23 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,501 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
My only prior quad experience is V929 and V939. I'd take Chris's advice and dial it down real dumb to start with. It's one hell of a terrifying leap from a V929 to an Armattan quad - but let me tell you... it's a thing of beauty.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread