Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:34 AM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,408 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3PRanch View Post
That is how I built as well. Hobby King is not exactly known for instructions for products , that is for sure.

Thurmond
What instructions? I've bought 2 or 3 chassis, and all 3 had no paperwork. No biggie though. Once you sort everything, and browse the web for others builds it goes smoothly from that point on.
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:03 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,412 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeStyle View Post
Hey Chris, yeah 335 was a typo i meant a 355mm. And is it possible to have the cnc arms black like the center plates??

Jack
Hi Jack. So long as your paypal is verified, I can do that for you. I'll put your name down on the list but please let me know if your PPL is not verified.

I should be able to have this in the mail for you as soon as the post office opens up after the new year.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:15 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2012
41 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Hey Chris,

Yes my paypal is verified

Jack
LifeStyle is offline Find More Posts by LifeStyle
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:23 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeStyle View Post
Hey Chris,

Yes my paypal is verified

Jack
OK, Jack. Your order is confirmed.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:31 PM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
USA, WA, Spokane
Joined Nov 2003
1,232 Posts
Trader Rating: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Hi Jim,

The 8 spare arms I sent you were free. So I did not drill them. Is that the ones you're talking about?

Regarding the ESC connection, this is simply because this quad was connected to a CC3D board and CC recommends using only one + and - leads to avoid grounds loops. The same setup works on the KK2 but isn't needed nor recommended, per se. It's a nicer setup, though, I think, because it's a bit less weight and less wires in the way. Makes for a cleaner build. This is the same for all ESCs that have BEC, I believe.

Merry HoHo.

Best,
Chris

See photo!

Again this is no big deal. I have a drill press so the fix is easy enough.

Best regards,
Jim
Jim Frahm is online now Find More Posts by Jim Frahm
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Frahm View Post
See photo!

Again this is no big deal. I have a drill press so the fix is easy enough.

Best regards,
Jim
The picture clarifies this nicely. Sorry Jim. My mistake. It's a weird mistake, actually. How on Earth did I forget to drill those? Anyways, glad it's not a big deal to you but it's nonetheless a reminder to be careful because not everyone has the equipment to drill the arms on hand. Many thanks for the constructive feedback, Sir.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 25, 2012, 02:39 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy1 View Post
Told my father about all your quads. His response, "He's either divorced, or hung like a horse!"

Now that's funny! I was single all my service career (US Navy 22 years)
and had plenty of time to save up before getting married. She is a 21 year school teacher, 2nd grade with a Masters Degree.

Never divorced, as to the hung like a horse...............all I can say is "Nayyyyyyyyyyy"
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Last edited by Bryan's Flyin; Dec 26, 2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 02:53 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
The Squid is done. Just finished it a few minutes ago. So here ya go with pictures and I'm going out to fly it. The weather sucks, but it looks like most of the snow might miss us!
Old Dec 25, 2012, 02:53 PM
Quad Pilot
Ferndale Wa
Joined Apr 2009
293 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Yesterday the slow boat finally came in and i received my CNC 355 I'm so happy with this purchase, cant wait to really wring it out once the weather clears, many thanks to Chris for the valuable help this morning walking me through the set up process.

I'd be outside tearing it up but this here is holding me back, finally get snow on Christmas Day!
ShawnG is offline Find More Posts by ShawnG
Old Dec 25, 2012, 03:17 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,433 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Sweet work Chris n Bryan! That squid looks brilliant. Items, VB yours looks stellar as well. Congrats. The weather is good and I had time to solder the second battery pack so I think I'm going flying shortly. Merry Christmas Y'all.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:01 PM
Mosquito 6
Joined Jun 2012
483 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan's Flyin View Post
Morning Gentlemen,

The weight of the Squid frame (only) is 320 grams fully assembled. It is super light and I am putting motors on it that weigh 50 grams each, but have 1000 grams of thrust at max throttle. My esc's weigh about 25 grams each x 4, so between the frame, motors and esc's, I'm roughly at 620 grams. I should be under 1000 grams when fully built and battery added. I like to try and maintain at least a 4 to 1 power ratio.

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it! PEACE
Bryan ,, thanks for posting the bare frame weight here, along with your other weights and calcs. As Chris's 510mm frames may be re purposed for FPV builds, I would just like to touch on power ratio, aka thrust to weight ratio.

Acrobatic multi-rotors are commonly built with a 4:1 up to 6:1 .. they are lightning fast and extremely maneuverable. Builds equipped for FPV missions are typically designed for a 1:1.6 to 1:2 weight to thrust ratio, accommodating higher payloads and/or endurance while using the same frame. Beyond maintaining a stable flight attitude for cams, the most critical maneuver for an FPV aircraft is a vertical descent, as the aircraft must generate enough lift to reduce vertical airspeed while trashing through it's own rotor wash.

@bobepine .. I like the idea of your designing uncommon frame sizes. The market is awash in 450's and 550's .. a 510 can only be one of yours. That's Exactly what Vulcan has done .. if it's a 900 or 1,200 .. it's a Vulcan. It further sets your machines apart from the masses, as it were

Soo .. who's up for some snow flying
TayNinh68 is offline Find More Posts by TayNinh68
Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:38 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Armattan CNC510 SquidCopter

Okay fellas, here is a short video of the Squid maiden inside. I would have taken it out in the snow, but it's a wet snow with rain and chunks of ice!!

Nothing real fancy here, but it does get kind of exciting at the end!!

Let me know what you think.

Thanks Chris "Kringle" !

Best watched in HD!

CNC 510 SquidCopter Maiden Indoor (3 min 22 sec)
Old Dec 25, 2012, 05:08 PM
South Africa
Joined Jan 2010
474 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bking1340 View Post
Okay Chris
Jaco from South Africa - As discussed on email:
RXR CNC 355 all metal look DIY KIT + cnc landing arms

Don`t have to sent me deans plugs - allergic to them.

Thanks
Chris can you please check if you got my mail - You sent me a pm - seems like there were a gremlin creeping in. My request for DIY and the order on the 1st page does not match
Bking1340 is offline Find More Posts by Bking1340
Old Dec 25, 2012, 05:08 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
USN Squidcopter, nice work Bryan, how'd you manage to keep it away from the tree?
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Old Dec 25, 2012, 05:24 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenahelin View Post
USN Squidcopter, nice work Bryan, how'd you manage to keep it away from the tree?
Thank you. Lot's of Crown and Cokes help!! Almost drilled the GoPro and the wall. Definitely had to have a drink after that flight!
Closed Thread