HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:06 AM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,771 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Dad loves his Christmas gift! Thanks again, Chris.
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:34 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,142 Posts
Trader Rating: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Frahm View Post
Chris,

All of the RXR quads I purchased from you had all three wires from each ESC connected to the KK2 except the last quad. It only used all three wires from ESC #1 and then the signal wire only from the other three ESC. Is this required for all ESCs or just the RCX ESCs?

BTW, you forgot to drill the center plate holes in the unpainted arms and all the landing gear holes in all the arms of the last two frame kits I just received. No big deal, it just goes to show you're human and not a machine.

Merry Christmas,

Jim
Hi Jim,

The 8 spare arms I sent you were free. So I did not drill them. Is that the ones you're talking about?

Regarding the ESC connection, this is simply because this quad was connected to a CC3D board and CC recommends using only one + and - leads to avoid grounds loops. The same setup works on the KK2 but isn't needed nor recommended, per se. It's a nicer setup, though, I think, because it's a bit less weight and less wires in the way. Makes for a cleaner build. This is the same for all ESCs that have BEC, I believe.

Merry HoHo.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:36 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsflyrv View Post
Hi Chris put me on the list for a plain 230 frame with all hardware and top plate, I want to try a build with one of my Quadrino FC boards and some motors I have on hand.

Thanks,
Jerry
jsflyrv
You're on the list, Sir.

Thank you.

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:38 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy1 View Post
Dad loves his Christmas gift! Thanks again, Chris.

Ha! Looks good! Glad this found you well, Sir. You got that thing put together on time for Christmas! Well done!

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:41 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeStyle View Post
Hey Chris I was wondering if you were still taking orders, if so id be interested in ordering a CNC 335mm RXR and if possible I would like to have it all black. Let me know what's up thanks and merry x-mas to all

Jack
Hello Jack,

I can do 355 or 258 for CNC and I can do a M model for 335. I have no CNC arms made to build a 335. I can have them made but the cost would be a fair bit higher to have custom 335 arms made just for 1 quad. I have to order many for the price to drop.

That's food for thoughts for you. Think about it and get back to me, Sir.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:43 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
Oh yeah! A floating version would be most helpful for summers at the lake. I did manage to get out today and do some flying and most importantly I got it on video. Again, nothing too fancy, just trying to get used to the Devo 10 and the M370 while avoiding anything that might result in a crash. So far so good. I'm pretty sure I got to at least 90% throttle today - I can't believe how fast this thing can disappear. It's also incredibly stable. I'll have to find a better way to mount the camera though. Right now it's just zip-tied onto the top with a rubber pad under the camera.

Seems I was wrong or maybe forgot to fully charge the battery last time. I was down to about 11.3v after around 7 minutes in the air. I would say that's some decent flight time considering how bloody fast this thing goes!

http://youtu.be/gb08l6_QMS4
Man... I think I was shiverung watching that. CCCCCOLD!

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:45 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3PRanch View Post
Why the upside down mounting for the HK distribution board?

Thurmond
I think that's actually upside right. The FC sits on the foam which eliminates chances for short circuits and also serves the purpose to reduce vibration reaching the FC.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 25, 2012, 02:18 AM
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Ha! Looks good! Glad this found you well, Sir. You got that thing put together on time for Christmas! Well done!

Best,
Chris
I had to shut him up! All day everyday about "Gonna be nice!", "Can't wait!", "When will it be here?". Blah, blah, blah ,friggin blah! He's happy, I'm happy, and seasons greetings to everyone here!
Old Dec 25, 2012, 02:52 AM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2012
44 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Hey Chris, yeah 335 was a typo i meant a 355mm. And is it possible to have the cnc arms black like the center plates??

Jack
LifeStyle is offline Find More Posts by LifeStyle
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:39 AM
United States, TX, Spur
Joined Sep 2011
379 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Quote:
I think that's actually upside right. The FC sits on the foam which eliminates chances for short circuits and also serves the purpose to reduce vibration reaching the FC.

Best,
Chris
I guess mine is upside down then.

Thurmond
T3PRanch is offline Find More Posts by T3PRanch
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:41 AM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenahelin View Post
that's looking great Bryan, what material is the black layer above your power board?
@ rexless, jsflyrv, yours are flying good, that 230 sounds like a mean little bugger and rock solid stable hover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3PRanch View Post
Bryan, I like Chris's new center plates a lot. I can't wait to see the top secret he is sending.
Why the upside down mounting for the HK distribution board?

Thurmond
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayNinh68 View Post
Bryan .. we'll keep our fingers crossed you have good flying weather back there tomorrow .. Christmas Day. Did you happen to note the the completed frame weight .. sans any elecronics (motors, esc's etc) ?

Good Luck Tomorrow
Quote:

Best,
Chris
Morning Gentlemen,

I mount the dist board like that because the HK dist boards already have that foam rubber backing on them and it allows me to place the FC right on top of it maintaining a lower profile (Chris was right) and keeps the board and FC from accidentally shorting each other out and reduces vibration and it makes it easier to use the extra "power outlet" on the dist board. Easier to get to.

The weight of the Squid frame (only) is 320 grams fully assembled. It is super light and I am putting motors on it that weigh 50 grams each, but have 1000 grams of thrust at max throttle. My esc's weigh about 25 grams each x 4, so between the frame, motors and esc's, I'm roughly at 620 grams. I should be under 1000 grams when fully built and battery added. I like to try and maintain at least a 4 to 1 power ratio.

I didn't get to finish the Squid last night. Family and friends and booze and food got in the way. I'm working on it this morning, but we are expecting 6-10 inches of snow this afternoon, so I am working feverishly to get it done this morning before everyone gets up and around and the snow gets here!

Hope everyone is having a good day and more pics coming later today and maybe a video if the Mrs. doesn't have a lot of "Honey Do's" for me.

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it! PEACE
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:21 AM
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,771 Posts
I put the same distro on my dads Armattan 450. Distro with foam down, followed by plastic standoffs, the kk2 on to that, then a larger standoff, and finally the lexan top plate. Everything runs great with no issues. Merry Christmas y'all! Now if you'll excuse me my head is still celebrating.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:28 AM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Quote:
I put the same distro on my dads Armattan 450. Distro with foam down, followed by plastic standoffs, the kk2 on to that, then a larger standoff, and finally the lexan top plate. Everything runs great with no issues. Merry Christmas y'all! Now if you'll excuse me my head is still celebrating.
I don't think it really matters which way you mount it. I have mounted them like that also.

That was a very nice present for your Dad, Creepy. If you ever need another Dad to buy for, I am available next year! I ONLY have 15 Armattan's.......Need more!
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:43 AM
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan's Flyin View Post
I don't think it really matters which way you mount it. I have mounted them like that also.

That was a very nice present for your Dad, Creepy. If you ever need another Dad to buy for, I am available next year! I ONLY have 15 Armattan's.......Need more!
Told my father about all your quads. His response, "He's either divorced, or hung like a horse!"
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:30 PM
United States, TX, Spur
Joined Sep 2011
379 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Quote:
That is how I built as well. Hobby King is not exactly known for instructions for products , that is for sure.

15 Armattan's, WOW! I have 7 multi's now but only one Armattan.

Thurmond
T3PRanch is offline Find More Posts by T3PRanch
Closed Thread