Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:17 AM
United States, NV, Carson City
Joined Jun 2012
147 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Hello chris
I would like to know what the RXR version of the CNC 258mm weights. This is built with the 2826s at 2200kv is that right? I would also like to know the same for the 325mm CNC as well.
Thanks for your time.
Carl
cmeisteriii is offline Find More Posts by cmeisteriii
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:56 AM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Hi,

The F20 will work fine. I used 2822 2600 and 2800KV. I like the 2826s but flight time is shorter- More oumff, though.

Props can be 8 or 9 inch, though I would not put 9 inch on the 2600kv motors.

Best,
Chris
So you used 8x4.5 props on the 2822 2600kv motors with 3s? Ecalc says almost 50A (each motor) at full throttle (unless I'm missing something. I used the RCtimer 2822-8 2600kv motor choice which I think is close enough). Given it works, I guess you're never using full throttle then?

What's the "standard" motor & prop supplied with a CNC 355 DIY RXR kit these days then?

Could you give me a price on the CNC 355 DIY RXR but without the KK2 and ESC's (because I already happen to have both)?

thanks,
Andrew
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:18 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,347 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeisteriii View Post
Hello chris
I would like to know what the RXR version of the CNC 258mm weights.
I don't have a 258 built yet. I'm building one tomorrow. I have a 255 built and I can tell you, with the 50 grams motors, it's heavier than the CNC 355. But it hauls butt nonetheless.
Quote:
This is built with the 2826s at 2200kv is that right?
Mine is built that way but I think it would be a better choice using 2822 motors as the flight time is about twice longer. I used the 2826 on mine just to be silly. It is the fastest quad I've ever flown but flight time is about 4 minutes with a good 40C 2200 battery. That's full throttle pumps 3D flying. You may be able to get 6 minutes if you don't fly too aggressively. Bottom line is if I build myself another one, I'll be using 2822 motors.
Quote:
I would also like to know the same for the 325mm CNC as well.
The 325 isn't for sale.

Quote:
Thanks for your time.
Carl
No problem!

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:37 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo5 View Post
So you used 8x4.5 props on the 2822 2600kv motors with 3s? Ecalc says almost 50A (each motor) at full throttle (unless I'm missing something. I used the RCtimer 2822-8 2600kv motor choice which I think is close enough). Given it works, I guess you're never using full throttle then?
Full throttle is rarely applied, I think, with an aggressive setup, but pushing the setup to its max doing hard 3D is something I do on every flight. ESCs can run a little warm but that's it. This ecalc website is a good starting point but I find it's overly conservative. Heck, Warthox runs motors that have 700+ grams of thrust with 12 amps ESCs. Ecalc would be off the charts with such setup. But the bottom line is it works just fine. I've run 2826 with 20 amps ESCs for a long time now. Never fried an ESC because of it.

MInd you, I was just talking with Bryan Flyin a couple days ago and I told him flat out that while people seem to think I know a lot about quads, I actually see myself as a total noob. One thing is sure, though, the quads I sell work well and they offer awesome performance. I tested them myself through rigorous 3D flights pushing the machines to the limit an I posted many videos to prove it.

Quote:
What's the "standard" motor & prop supplied with a CNC 355 DIY RXR kit these days then?
I shipped 2822/ 2600KV and 2822/ 1800KV with the CNC 355 depending on what I had on hand. The 2600 KV offer better performance but I find they saturate a bit on HARD recoveries when flying 3D. The 1800KV makes for a quad that is a slight tad slower but they do not saturate. (8 inch props on both motors)

I am thinking about moving to 2826 motors on the CNC 355 because they offer so much more performance but I would probably set them up with 30 amps ESCs to be on the safe side. (yes, ecalc will tell you different but that's not a real reflection of what can be used, in my opinion.)

Quote:
Could you give me a price on the CNC 355 DIY RXR but without the KK2 and ESC's (because I already happen to have both)?

thanks,
Andrew
I'm sorry but I don't sell parts. You can buy a frame or you can buy a RXR from me. See price list on page 1. Bottom line is I can't compete with the big guys like hobby king and myrcmart. I buy from them! By the time I pay to have the parts shipped to me and then to ship them to you, I simply can't compete. You're better off buying RXR or buying your parts from them and getting just a frame from me.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:25 PM
Joined Jun 2012
147 Posts
Hello Chris
Thanks for the information. I would like to order an RXR CNC 258 with the dark center plates built the way you would do it for yourself as one to keep. I would like to get an extra top plate the one above the FC.
Thanks Carl
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:32 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeisteriii View Post
Hello Chris
Thanks for the information. I would like to order an RXR CNC 258 with the dark center plates built the way you would do it for yourself as one to keep. I would like to get an extra top plate the one above the FC.
Thanks Carl
Hello,

I'm booked for this weekend but I can build this for you next weekend and have it in the mail the following Tuesday. Let me know if this is too long a wait for you. I will send you a flight demo of your quad and if you're happy with it you can send the payment and I ship to you. That's how I usually conduct business for RXR quads. You get to see a video of your quad flying before you push the "buy" button.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:37 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,347 Posts
Up to 53 orders since November 17th!!! The vast majority of which will have been shipped by this coming Tuesday.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:44 PM
Joined Jun 2012
147 Posts
Hi Chris

I will have no problem waiting till then for a build like that. I will email you as well.
Thanks Chris couldn't stop watching the videos of your birds, just had to have one. It will be neat to see a video of mine before I get it.
Thanks Carl
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:48 PM
Quad Pilot
Ferndale Wa
Joined Apr 2009
293 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Up to 53 orders since November 17th!!! The vast majority of which will have been shipped by this coming Tuesday.

Best,
Chris
Congrats Chris!

Hope you have even more continued success! cant wait for my quad to get here.
ShawnG is offline Find More Posts by ShawnG
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:41 PM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
874 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Hi Chris

Final order review
- CNC 355 RXR
- Front arms black anodized
- Rear arms orange
- 8 CNC skids
- 4 nylon skids
- matching colored props
- black anodized center plates ( the new v2 type which can hold cc3d board n kk2 LCD type boards)
- 2 black anodized spare arms
- spares of all screws required including the nylon ones
- battery alarm

Question - You also mentioned the idea of putting 2826 motors with 30 amp esc's for the cnc 355. ( I'd like that option, is there additional payment required for that setup?)

Important Tx, rx setup I mentioned earlier - NOT required

Pm me cost before committing to the build.
Regards
Ayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme1 View Post
Congrats Chris!

Hope you have even more continued success! cant wait for my quad to get here.
+1
Ayodhya is online now Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Last edited by Ayodhya; Dec 15, 2012 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Item description
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:50 PM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
874 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
My way of saying thanks, Chris.

Quick sketch on the iPad.
Ayodhya is online now Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Dec 16, 2012, 02:39 AM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
a little progress on the CNC 355:
note: don't route the esc power like i did under bottom plate, gets in the way of lipo.
i used a vise to adjust the f/c mounts to fit the KK2 board which is 44mm instead of 45, but i guess you can enlarge the KK holes outward, see post: (applies to V1 center plates only)
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=8772
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Last edited by adrenahelin; Jan 02, 2013 at 01:49 AM. Reason: add photo
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:00 AM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenahelin View Post

Looking good adrenahelin. Are you going to get her done today?
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:18 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,347 Posts
Hi,

Your order has been updated on page 1. Please review it and let me know if there's anything wrong.

Thank you, Sir.

Best,
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayodhya View Post
Hi Chris

Final order review
- CNC 355 RXR
- Front arms black anodized
- Rear arms orange
- 8 CNC skids
- 4 nylon skids
- matching colored props
- black anodized center plates ( the new v2 type which can hold cc3d board n kk2 LCD type boards)
- 2 black anodized spare arms
- spares of all screws required including the nylon ones
- battery alarm

Question - You also mentioned the idea of putting 2826 motors with 30 amp esc's for the cnc 355. ( I'd like that option, is there additional payment required for that setup?)

Important Tx, rx setup I mentioned earlier - NOT required

Pm me cost before committing to the build.
Regards
Ayo

+1
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:52 AM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Lookin' Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenahelin View Post
These are great pictures, they show the scale of the quad better than earlier ones. It's smaller than I'd kinda got set in my mind, which is a good thing I think. Are the arms 1/8" thick aluminum? Which motors are one yours? I'll be very interested to hear about your flight experiences.

cheers,
Andrew
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Closed Thread