SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:43 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,118 Posts
Trader Rating: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3PRanch View Post
Now you have done it Bill. I need a 230 frame to replace my wooden copy of the HK micro's which measures out at 237mm.

Chris, how much for the frame parts Bill has sans the center plates ? I don't need the arms drilled for motors either.

And thanks Chris and Pat for the kind words.

Thurmond

15$ shipped

C.
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:53 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
Ok Armattan Gurus. My 3cm RX/KK2 connectors arrived with my batteries today. Yay!

I'm going through Chris's setup video and setting things up. Some questions.

1. I've hooked up the rx1002 to the KK2 by following the directions in the KK2 Manual.
I notice that the RX has a spot for 4.8v power source however from what I can see it seems to be getting power directly from the servo connections. Is this the normal way to run this? I'm guessing the esc's are all supplying voltage to the KK2 board through their connectons?

2. I see the AUX input on the KK2 is supposed to connect to "GEAR" to setup auto-leveling on the gear switch. That seems to do the switch to self-level according to the safe screen. I thought I saw it switching into self-level at high throttle before I connected Gear to the KK2 Aux - is that normal?

3. Are my ailerons mixed up? When I throw the aileron stick left I get RIGHT on the KK2 receiver test. When I through the aileron stick right I get LEFT on the KK2 receiver test. I have the quad strapped down and when I put on a little throttle and throw the aileron stick left it looks like it's going to bank right. Do I adjust this in the TX or KK2?

4. Double checking on the throttle curve. I have 0 at L and 100 at H and the 1-4 are set to inhibit. I have confirmed all stunt 1 and stunt 2 have the same settings. Chris mentions that he uses a steeper throttle curve - would it make sense to switch Stunt 1 and/or 2 to steeper throttle curves as well? Any suggestions on what they should be?

5. Throttle Hold - Got it. Confirmed that throttle hold sticks to off on Stunt 1 and Stunt 2. That'll be handy.

6. On the TX there's a section for "Fail Safe". Does anyone have a suggestion for this?

It's hilarious to compare the silky smooth sound of the blades spinning up on this against the sound of a V929 or V939. I can't wait to get this baby airborne!

In the meantime, here's a video of what flying is like up here today. It's not a quad - just a FP F45 that I like to fly (brushless main motor upgrade w/3s).
http://youtu.be/J3ibw6TeNGg
1- If it's powered up, then then no need for a duplicate power source

2- No idea!

3- Yes.

4- That's up to you. I used to rune different TC on the FMOD switch but I have long gave that up. No need for it, really.

5- OK.

6- Different folks use different settings for this. Your best bet is to do your homework and read up on this.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:13 PM
United States, TX, Spur
Joined Sep 2011
378 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
15$ shipped

C.
PP sent.

Thanks again Chris.

Thurmond
T3PRanch is offline Find More Posts by T3PRanch
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:23 PM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,769 Posts
Trader Rating: 22
Quote:
1- If it's powered up, then then no need for a duplicate power source

2- No idea!

3- Yes.

4- That's up to you. I used to rune different TC on the FMOD switch but I have long gave that up. No need for it, really.

5- OK.

6- Different folks use different settings for this. Your best bet is to do your homework and read up on this.

Best,
Chris
Fail safe feature is for nitro planes I believe.
At the moment I have autolevel on my gear switch, dual rates on my d/r switch, and throttle hold on my t/h switch on my DEVO7. If you need help with any of these lemme know guys.
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:32 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy1 View Post
Fail safe feature is for nitro planes I believe.
I don't think so. I believe it's an important part of radio programming for flying quads. Especially the expensive builds.

Best,
C.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:53 PM
United States, TX, Spur
Joined Sep 2011
378 Posts
Fail Safe lets you predetermine control settings that take effect if the receiver "looses" the signal from the transmitter for a prescribed time period. IF the settings are correct they greatly reduce the possibility of your model from flying away (or instantly crashing) never to be seen again as has happened to many persons in the past. I read recently of an expensive DJI quad that just "flew away" and was not found. OUCH!

Thurmond
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:04 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Here is a short video of the indoor maiden of the Armattan M750.
M750 Indoor Maiden (3 min 25 sec)
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:12 PM
United States, TX, Spur
Joined Sep 2011
378 Posts
SWEET! Bryan. I did the maiden of my CNC 355 in the house. Man, you have to be careful of the ceiling with it.

Thurmond
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:18 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Quote:
SWEET! Bryan. I did the maiden of my CNC 355 in the house. Man, you have to be careful of the ceiling with it.

Thurmond
Thanks Thurmond. Yea, I got pretty close to the wall a couple of times. Rotor wash was affecting me pretty badly below 4 feet.Congrats on your maiden, make a video and show us!!
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:33 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,806 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan's Flyin View Post
You can easily do some redecorating flying that size in there.

Looks good though.
daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:32 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,535 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
1- If it's powered up, then then no need for a duplicate power source | 2- No idea! | 3- Yes. | 4- That's up to you. I used to run different TC on the FMOD switch but I have long gave that up. No need for it, really. | 5- OK. | 6- Different folks use different settings for this. Your best bet is to do your homework and read up on this. Best, Chris
Excellent - thanks Chris. I have now gone ahead and done a maiden flight. I had a couple of keychain cameras with me to record the event so I assembled some video from the 2 sources and set it to some music. I had the rates down to 40 for the first flight and had self-level enabled. I think next flight I'll disable the self levelling and maybe increase the rates to 50 or so. This quad is smooth as heck. I had no problem landing back on the little cement slab I took off from. The cold (about 2 degrees Celcius) didn't seem to be a problem for the Armattan - only my fingers were getting upset. The power was excellent. I don't think I ever actually punched it past about 70% yet. Thanks Chris - this is one heck of a nice helicopter.

Here's the video...
Armattan M370 Maiden Flight (6 min 52 sec)

Quote:
Fail Safe lets you predetermine control settings that take effect if the receiver "looses" the signal from the transmitter for a prescribed time period. IF the settings are correct they greatly reduce the possibility of your model from flying away (or instantly crashing) never to be seen again as has happened to many persons in the past. I read recently of an expensive DJI quad that just "flew away" and was not found. OUCH!
Thurmond
'Nuff said. I'm going to research that ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan's Flyin View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpO0W-nS9eQ
That is killer! I can't wait to see you fly that outdoors!
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:20 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Quote:
Sorry, Pat, the centerfolds have all been spoken for. Creepy 1 already paid for all of them. This is strictly confidential, though, so I never told you that.

Regarding the arms length, I don't have the numbers so please confirm the length as I do not want to be responsible for shipping the wrong size.

Best,
Chris

Ps: Well done, Mr. Badbill. Looks great!
Damn you Creepy1! Hahahahaa!

Chris let’s just go with 327mm and I'll take responsibility if its a few mm's off in one direction or the other. The arms measured 12 and 7/8 of an inch...Let me apologize on behalf of the U.S. for fractions and not having converted over to the metric system like the ENTIRE rest of the world...Baahaahaahaa!

Thanks Chris,

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:34 PM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
Damn you Creepy1! Hahahahaa!

Chris letís just go with 327mm and I'll take responsibility if its a few mm's off in one direction or the other. The arms measured 12 and 7/8 of an inch...Let me apologize on behalf of the U.S. for fractions and not having converted over to the metric system like the ENTIRE rest of the world...Baahaahaahaa!

Thanks Chris,

-Pat
Just in the name of science, it looks like 327mm and 12.875 inches are 1 thou different! Think you're (both) OK . Google will convert directly even, just type "12.875 inches in mm" into it and out pops the answer.

cheers,
Andrew

PS. Bob, how much for a CNC quad kit minus the ESC's and KK2 (happen to have both in "stock" already).
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:33 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
@Bryan That thing is so cool man, I love it. Basically, the vid was 3 minutes and 25 seconds of me grinning from ear to ear. I was surprised that there wasn't more oscillation from the rotor wash.

@rexless Dude you got her in the air! Congrats! How about that power...and you thought I was just hyping it up. Hey, when you get the failsafe thing figured-out, will you please share? I had a moment where I thought I had lost signal, (It was waaay out there) and all I could think was how much juice the battery had left and how far into the hills it would go on its own.

@Banjo5 Thanks brother...Chris it looks like were in da clear.

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:13 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
@rexless Dude you got her in the air! Congrats! How about that power...and you thought I was just hyping it up. Hey, when you get the failsafe thing figured-out, will you please share? I had a moment where I thought I had lost signal, (It was waaay out there) and all I could think was how much juice the battery had left and how far into the hills it would go on its own. -Pat
I'm twitching to go try it again and find out what I can do with that power. I love flying fast with the V929's - I push them to the maximum limits and they don't handle it well. I think I should rig up some protection from the snow first... I am bound to crash and would hate to fry anything. The motors shouldn't have any major issue with some wet I guess.

I'll certainly post anything I learn about the fail safe setup! Thanks to everyone for posting on here. I can't believe how much we can learn so quicky.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
Closed Thread