SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:39 AM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,771 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
Hey!

I'm interested in the black Armattan M. Do you have any in stock?

Also, about Armattan CNC. Is that one really tougher than the 'M'? The arms look thinner and it just looks like they'll bend in a crash. Im trying to learn new tricks right now and my F330 isn't holding up too well, whenever I drive it straight into the floor at the local sports hall I break an arm, and recently... Two arms per crash. And yesterday, two arms on opposite ends in a crash. How did I do that?!

Anyhow, I just want a quad I can pick up and fly with again after a crash, after replacing a prop or two. If I buy one of your frames I'll ditch the F330 and move everything over to your frame instead. I have a Warthox frame already, but your frames look more durable.
6061 cnc machined aircraft grade alloy. You better crash that thing from a hundred feet if you want to even put a small dent... and even then highly unlikely. I love mine, and it's only the metal non cnc one.
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:11 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
I personally like the looks of the Armattan M more. Also, the large black arms are perfect for the ESCs which I have in black shrinkwrap already. I'll probably go for that one if I can and buy a set of those 2600kv RCX motors at the same time. I also need new batteries, my 25C batteries won't like those motors much...
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:22 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
Actually, I see now that the Armattan M arms don't have particularly thick walls. At least that's what I saw in the models video. So is the CNC model in stock then? I'll take one of those for sure!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:10 AM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
884 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Chris's quads rock, no need to take anyone's word for it, just go through the full thread youll see just why plus he's very easy to deal with and a stand up guy, I didn't know squat about anything, now I know more than squat hehehe... Oh n nice pony!

Dude go for the cnc !
Ayodhya is offline Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:05 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
I will, if only he'd wake up, come back from work or whatever he is doing. :P 60 bucks for the frame, is that with shipping?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:18 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,146 Posts
Trader Rating: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy1 View Post
What's your favorite go to motor to put with them esc's?
MY choice of motors isn't based on the ESCs I use. It's based on how much thrust I want. I'm growing attached to the 2826/2200KV at the moment. 950 grams of thrust.... These are the motors I put on the M400 models and I'm thinking about starting to put them on the CNC 355 builds. They are about 20 grams heavier that the 2822s but man, they have plenty of pull to make up for the extra weight. PLENTY.

I've been experiencing with different motors and whatnot recently. While some people seem to think I'm like a quad Guru, this is actually far from the truth. I'm still a noob and I have a lot to learn yet in order to build quads with high efficiency when it comes to props, and motors combinations vs the weight of the model.

Anyways.... Below is a picture of the fastest quad I have ever built. By fastest, I mean WAY faster than anything I have built so far. It's a joke, really. This quad is INSANE. I designed it so that I could use the smallest air frame while being able to use 7 inch props. The results is 254mm. The 7 inch props are 1.5mm apart when spinning. Almost touching. Now get a hold of this.... I'm using 2826/2200KV motors on that little guy. That's 200 grams of motors on a 250mm frame. Each motor has 950 grams of thrust... Yep, that's right.... 3800 grams of thrust on a 254mm frame.... The result is, well, INSANE! I have NEVER flown a quad this fast. NEVER. It's stable, it's agile and it's a bloody ROCKET!

It escapes me why people bother with tiny 1510 motors and the like on 250 size quads when you can have this instead:

And that, my friends, it the Armattan CNC 254. Possibly the fastest quad on the face of the Earth. I'll have a video or two up soon.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:29 PM
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
MY choice of motors isn't based on the ESCs I use. It's based on how much thrust I want. I'm growing attached to the 2826/2200KV at the moment. 950 grams of thrust.... These are the motors I put on the M400 models and I'm thinking about starting to put them on the CNC 355 builds. They are about 20 grams heavier that the 2822s but man, they have plenty of pull to make up for the extra weight. PLENTY.

I've been experiencing with different motors and whatnot recently. While some people seem to think I'm like a quad Guru, this is actually far from the truth. I'm still a noob and I have a lot to learn yet in order to build quads with high efficiency when it comes to props, and motors combinations vs the weight of the model.

Anyways.... Below is a picture of the fastest quad I have ever built. By fastest, I mean WAY faster than anything I have built so far. It's a joke, really. This quad is INSANE. I designed it so that I could use the smallest air frame while being able to use 7 inch props. The results is 254mm. The 7 inch props are 1.5mm apart when spinning. Almost touching. Now get a hold of this.... I'm using 2826/2200KV motors on that little guy. That's 200 grams of motors on a 250mm frame. Each motor has 950 grams of thrust... Yep, that's right.... 3800 grams of thrust on a 254mm frame.... The result is, well, INSANE! I have NEVER flown a quad this fast. NEVER. It's stable, it's agile and it's a bloody ROCKET!

It escapes me why people bother with tiny 1510 motors and the like on 250 size quads when you can have this instead:

And that, my friends, it the Armattan CNC 254. Possibly the fastest quad on the face of the Earth. I'll have a video or two up soon.

Best,
Chris
That's "FAP! FAP!" material right there my friend!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:05 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,535 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Wow. That is, well, insane. Today my batteries and RX connectors are scheduled to be delivered FINALLY. I swear Hobby King held my shipments for at least a week before actually sending them. I upgraded shipping on one and it's been 2 weeks and it still hasn't even hit customs. I know it's that time of year now but other shipments are showing up faster. It's snowing here today so it's unlikely I'll get an opportunity to fly in the near future but I will strap the heli to a board and follow the setup instructions in the video and practice programming the Devo.

I guess I should find a KK2 manual or something. I found http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...30X7478X47.pdf but it seems a bit light. I've been clicking through the menus and some of the stuff is greek. I did find the handy screen where it tells you the rotation direction of each motor by it's number. Fortunately Chris labelled each ESC so it was easy to confirm the rotors. Oh, it's snowing like crazy. I think I'll take the F45 out for some video.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:24 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Quote:
img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a111/armattan/9daf2b65-ab9b-4def-a018-5f99e2d9fdb8-1243-000003b7fc04806f.jpg[/img]
oh hell yes!!!
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:46 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
You know what you should do?

Let me buy one! Not the ARF version though. Just the frame. But where do you get the 7" props? The usual places? Gothelirc? I want something insanely fast yet bulletproof. I'm not sure if you read my posts up there.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:58 PM
KG7MNT
United States, WY, Cheyenne
Joined Jun 2008
180 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Hi Chris,

Received my CNC 355 today and she's a real beauty! Left positive trader feedback for you.

Thanks again, Jerry
Phasor is offline Find More Posts by Phasor
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:23 PM
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,771 Posts
It's tempting to just put up my 355m rxr to fund a cnc355 rxr!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:58 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,808 Posts
Quickest shipment yet to the West Coast - 10 days. Beautiful CNC 355 build Chris.

Selling my Armattan M356 if anyone is interested:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1786753
daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:35 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Chris,

I got the 700mm arms in the mail today and all I can say is WOW! They're perfect. I've got to say that I reeeeeally like the raw metallic look....LOL I've got $20 worth of paint and tape, and I don't know if I can do it. Hahahahaa! The extensions all look great, and thanks for the extra mounting nuts and bolts. BTW, the official Armattan sticker is now proudly displayed on my RC Tool/Parts Box.

There were only 4 arms though. Tell you what, I'm so happy with what I got I'm willing to pay the shipping on the other two arms just so you're not out any extra cash. I’m just grateful for the deal in the first place. I would also like to order 2 sets of your CNC cut landing gear while I'm at it. I can't remember what you charge for them though. So just let me know what they cost and your estimate for shipping and I'll have the money sent via PayPal A.S.A.P.

Edit I better ad some of those nylon stand-off's to this order, because I'm just that good at breaking stuff. I'm talking about the small ones that sit between the distribution board and the board the KK2 sits on. Plus, the longer ones sitting between the KK2 and the clear acrylic top plate, and the nylon/plastic screws that fasten down the clear top plate. 4x of each mentioned above.

Thanks for everything,

-Pat

Oh, and this time I promise to leave a note letting you know who the hell I am in the PayPal comment area...Hahahahahahaa!
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Last edited by RCCrashTestDummy; Dec 10, 2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:53 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,146 Posts
Trader Rating: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
You know what you should do?

Let me buy one! Not the ARF version though. Just the frame. But where do you get the 7" props? The usual places? Gothelirc? I want something insanely fast yet bulletproof. I'm not sure if you read my posts up there.
Hi,
Sorry, I forgot to reply last night! Off to work now. I will write to you (and others) shortly.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread