Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:49 PM
bobepine's Avatar
Joined Jun 2011
7,437 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandrobin View Post
Snap! Also I need to get a charger that will accomodate 4s lipos as mine only does 2s and 3s.

Still it was fun unboxing, inspecting, balancing props etc!
You should be able to charge the batteries in parallel for the time being.

Glad this found you well, Sir.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:21 PM
Registered User
United States, MI, Haslett
Joined Mar 2010
326 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Larry the Iphone trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Hi Larry,

There is no shipping charge on the M frame. Shipping charge only applies to fully built quads 400mm or larger. Since the frame will be shipped not assembled, you can let me know what size you want it and I'll have the arms cut to size. So let me know what size you want. CNC landing skids will be included with both the CNC 355 kit and the M frame.

Also note that I drill the arms on the M frame to standard 16/19. If you plan to use motors that do not fit this configuration, I can always leave the arms not drilled and you can mount the motors on yourself. Please confirm.

OK, so I'll wait to hear from you on the size of the M frame and whether I drill the arms for you or not.

Best,
Chris
I think I might play around with some Avroto motors to make an FPV ship so to make it as stable as possible if my thinking is right I will order 700mm or whatever below that does not incur extra shipping and do not drill the motor mounts. It sounds like I don't need extra skids. If you want to wait until the phone shows up to make sure everything is ok that is fine with me.

Thanks
Larry
lklansingkiter is offline Find More Posts by lklansingkiter
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:25 PM
Registered User
flatlandrobin's Avatar
New Zealand, Otago, Queenstown
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Must be my lucky day, my RX wires were in the mailbox!

Spent about 10 minutes doing a nice clean job of connecting everything up, checked the throws were going the right way on the receiver test and then I was in the air!

First time using the KK2 and man it was easy. Just waiting for the winds to drop and I will get outside and see what this thing can do! (Well, see what I can do with this thing anyway!)

Thanks for a great quad Chris. I know its not one of your frames but as its your build I see myself as part of this group!

Ill share some vids as soon as I get outside.
flatlandrobin is offline Find More Posts by flatlandrobin
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:17 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
rexless's Avatar
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,434 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lklansingkiter View Post
I think I might play around with some Avroto motors to make an FPV ship so to make it as stable as possible if my thinking is right I will order 700mm or whatever below that does not incur extra shipping and do not drill the motor mounts. It sounds like I don't need extra skids. If you want to wait until the phone shows up to make sure everything is ok that is fine with me.

Thanks
Larry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I'm just going to throw this here in case I get lucky. I need an iPhone 3 or 3s, guys.

Color doesn't matter but it has to be unlocked. I'm willing to build and ship an Armattan quad as a trade.

I would also consider an iPhone 4 but I guess I would have to throw in a few bucks to make up the difference in market value.

So if you have one of thems kicking around that you don't need anymore and want to trade, let me know!

@Phasor,

Awesome progress in your flying, Sir. Thanks for posting the video and the feedback.

Best,
Chris
For the first time ever I wish I had an iPhone...
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:59 PM
Registered User
flatlandrobin's Avatar
New Zealand, Otago, Queenstown
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Hey Chris, did my KK2 come with 1.4 or is it 1.2?

Its hovering really nice whatever it is! Ill get the adapter and update if I need to though.
flatlandrobin is offline Find More Posts by flatlandrobin
Old Dec 04, 2012, 12:03 AM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Creepy1's Avatar
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,409 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandrobin View Post
Hey Chris, did my KK2 come with 1.4 or is it 1.2?

Its hovering really nice whatever it is! Ill get the adapter and update if I need to though.
Mine came with 1.2, and also is super duper stable!
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:47 AM
bobepine's Avatar
Joined Jun 2011
7,437 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandrobin View Post
Hey Chris, did my KK2 come with 1.4 or is it 1.2?

Its hovering really nice whatever it is! Ill get the adapter and update if I need to though.
Yeah, yours has 1.2. I built that before 1.4 and 1.5 came out. 1.4 is supposed to help the auto level some, and 1.5 is gimbal stabilization addition. But for acro mode, 1.2 and 1.4 are the same.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:50 AM
bobepine's Avatar
Joined Jun 2011
7,437 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by lklansingkiter View Post
I think I might play around with some Avroto motors to make an FPV ship so to make it as stable as possible if my thinking is right I will order 700mm or whatever below that does not incur extra shipping and do not drill the motor mounts. It sounds like I don't need extra skids. If you want to wait until the phone shows up to make sure everything is ok that is fine with me.

Thanks
Larry
Hi Larry,

This order won't be a problem. I'll even throw in a couple 700 spare arms since I won't have to drill them. (I hate drilling arms. )

I'm actually having to rush to work now so I'll PM you this evening after work.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Last edited by bobepine; Dec 04, 2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:00 AM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
RCCrashTestDummy's Avatar
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
CNC 325.

I start pushing it a bit more starting around 7 min into the video. This things is a mad house.

Enjoy the video.

Best,
Chris

http://youtu.be/rBegTRRg7nY
Chris........That move right around the 9:40 mark was some sick ass shizzle right there. Good to see you getting in the time and practice, its really starting to show.

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:08 AM
Quad Pilot
ShawnG's Avatar
Ferndale Wa
Joined Apr 2009
293 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
CNC 325.

I start pushing it a bit more starting around 7 min into the video. This things is a mad house.

Enjoy the video.

Best,
Chris

http://youtu.be/rBegTRRg7nY
Another awesome flying video of your skills, thanks for sharing!
ShawnG is offline Find More Posts by ShawnG
Old Dec 04, 2012, 05:42 PM
Registered User
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Hey guys, I received my Armattan quads today in the mail and here is my CNC 355 all built and ready to go. I went with the esc's on top of the arms. It has 2822/12 1800kv motors, RCX 20 amp esc's flashed with SimonK firmware, KK 2.0 w/ 1.4 firmware, 9045 props, 2200 mAh 3S 50-90C.

I call him Superman because of the red and blue props. I fired it up in the dining room and this quad has some good power. Video tomorrow!
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Old Dec 04, 2012, 05:54 PM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
Jim Frahm's Avatar
USA, WA, Spokane
Joined Nov 2003
1,232 Posts
Trader Rating: 123
Looks nice Bryan!

Let us know if its faster than a speeding bullet?

Jim
Jim Frahm is offline Find More Posts by Jim Frahm
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:03 PM
Registered User
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Frahm View Post
Looks nice Bryan!

Let us know if its faster than a speeding bullet?

Jim
Will do Jim. Roger that!
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:21 AM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
RCCrashTestDummy's Avatar
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan's Flyin View Post
Hey guys, I received my Armattan quads today in the mail and here is my CNC 355 all built and ready to go. I went with the esc's on top of the arms. It has 2822/12 1800kv motors, RCX 20 amp esc's flashed with SimonK firmware, KK 2.0 w/ 1.4 firmware, 9045 props, 2200 mAh 3S 50-90C.

I call him Superman because of the red and blue props. I fired it up in the dining room and this quad has some good power. Video tomorrow!
"Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound......Look, up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane. No, it's The Armattan!"

Bryan nice work man, looks really cool. I like the ESC's on the top because I feel it offers more protection, but I just don't think I could bring myself to cover-up the arms on the CNC models. LOL, I think I would even have to go as far as swapping the top plate with the bottom, just so I could see the A when the battery was out...hahahahaa! BTW, I can't wait to see your 750 buzzing through the sky!

Take care,

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:12 AM
Registered User
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
"Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound......Look, up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane. No, it's The Armattan!"

Bryan nice work man, looks really cool. I like the ESC's on the top because I feel it offers more protection, but I just don't think I could bring myself to cover-up the arms on the CNC models. LOL, I think I would even have to go as far as swapping the top plate with the bottom, just so I could see the A when the battery was out...hahahahaa! BTW, I can't wait to see your 750 buzzing through the sky!

Take care,

-Pat
Thank you Pat. I should have the M750 done by this evening. It's Freaking HUGE!!
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Armattan Quads Announcement: Upgrade Parts bobepine Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 16 Oct 13, 2012 12:07 PM
Sold RX Ready Custom Sports Quad: Armattan 362 bobepine Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 9 Sep 24, 2012 01:24 PM
Sold Open Pilot CC quad with aluminum Frame/ leds.Update listing 18 Jan price lowered tc3wins Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 8 Jan 18, 2012 07:35 PM
Sold Quad frame for sale!!! previously listed. as full quad. tc3wins Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 3 Aug 25, 2011 08:56 AM