HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:46 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
RCCrashTestDummy's Avatar
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactek View Post
I got the quad in the air for the first time today and it flew great. The only thing that happened is i had one of the nuts that hold the prop on fly off and I was not able to locate it. I ran over to home depot and bought some m5 nuts with the built in thread lock but i can not get them screwed down tight on the prop because the prop adapter ends up slipping. Does anybody have any other ideas that i could use instead.
I had the same problem. About the fastest way to get extra prop adaptor's shipped to those of us in the U.S. is from Value Hobby. I think mine took about 3-4 days. Or, you can go to your LHS and buy the Eflite 1923. The problem is; you will have to drill-out the holes in your prop making them just a bit bigger because of the fat shaft/bolt on the adaptor. It looks funky (way bigger all around) but it will get you back in the air. Just make sure you tighten the holy living dog S out of it.

Hold on a sec...I'm not sure which motors you have on yours so your motor shaft may be different than mine. I have Turnigy 2826/6 on mine and the shafts are 3.17mm. If you have the same, here's a link for you:

http://www.valuehobby.com/accessorie...p-adapter.html

Good luck,

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:35 PM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Fairfield
Joined Jan 2012
87 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
I had the same problem. About the fastest way to get extra prop adaptor's shipped to those of us in the U.S. is from Value Hobby. I think mine took about 3-4 days. Or, you can go to your LHS and buy the Eflite 1923. The problem is; you will have to drill-out the holes in your prop making them just a bit bigger because of the fat shaft/bolt on the adaptor. It looks funky (way bigger all around) but it will get you back in the air. Just make sure you tighten the holy living dog S out of it.

Hold on a sec...I'm not sure which motors you have on yours so your motor shaft may be different than mine. I have Turnigy 2826/6 on mine and the shafts are 3.17mm. If you have the same, here's a link for you:

http://www.valuehobby.com/accessorie...p-adapter.html

Good luck,

-Pat
Thanks for the website I will place an order on Monday.
mactek is offline Find More Posts by mactek
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:33 PM
bobepine's Avatar
Joined Jun 2011
7,596 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
Hey Chris, I got the 3 extra 400mm arms in the mail yesterday. THANKS!!!

Quick question... I went to page one to look at how many orders you have and noticed that my order #24 for the 700mm arms and extensions was listed as x4 on the arms but I ordered 6 to have a couple spares on hand. I'm hoping this is just a typo, but if not, no worries my brother I'm sure we can work something out.

Thanks,

-Pat
Hi Pat,

I'm unable to remember for sure, but I'm afraid I only made 4 as per what I wrote on page 1. Anyways, you only need 4 to get started, so let me know what you receive and If you're short two arms I will get two made for you and in the mail right away within a day or two tops.

Oh and guess what I did yesterday.... I put the same motors you have on your 400 on my CNC 325. The little thing is a mad house. I may have time to post a video later today as I plan on taking a nice flying break from the workshop this afternoon.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:35 PM
bobepine's Avatar
Joined Jun 2011
7,596 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactek View Post
Thanks for the website I will place an order on Monday.
You could use regular non self locking nuts on there. Should work. Use some locktite if you're worried about it coming loose.

I seem to recall telling you guys to not only buy spare props but spare adapters, too. Tsk, tsk,tsk, you did not listen.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:55 PM
Quad Pilot
ShawnG's Avatar
Ferndale Wa
Joined Apr 2009
295 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Hey guys pretty stoked right now, I just pulled the trigger on the purchase of a cnc 355, cant wait to receive this lil powerhouse.

Thanks Again Chris, pleasure doing business with you!
ShawnG is offline Find More Posts by ShawnG
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:07 PM
bobepine's Avatar
Joined Jun 2011
7,596 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme1 View Post
Hey guys pretty stoked right now, I just pulled the trigger on the purchase of a cnc 355, cant wait to receive this lil powerhouse.

Thanks Again Chris, pleasure doing business with you!
Likewise and you are welcome, Sir.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:08 AM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Ayodhya's Avatar
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
875 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
ok chris , i'm in ! please confirm me for a rxr cnc 355 + two spare sets of new cnc skids ( 8 pieces ) , anodized black centre plate, front arms black anodized, rear arms lumincent orange anodized. Battery warning alarm if possible .

please inbox me total cost.

cheers
mate
Ayodhya is offline Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:21 AM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Ayodhya's Avatar
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
875 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
sorry forgot to mention, please match the color on frame with props, i.e 2 orange 2 black
Ayodhya is offline Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Dec 02, 2012, 04:37 AM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
RCCrashTestDummy's Avatar
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Hi Pat,

I'm unable to remember for sure, but I'm afraid I only made 4 as per what I wrote on page 1. Anyways, you only need 4 to get started, so let me know what you receive and If you're short two arms I will get two made for you and in the mail right away within a day or two tops.
Okay Chris, sounds great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Oh and guess what I did yesterday.... I put the same motors you have on your 400 on my CNC 325. The little thing is a mad house. I may have time to post a video later today as I plan on taking a nice flying break from the workshop this afternoon.

Best,
Chris
YEE HAW!!!

That babys gonna screeeeeeeem!

Looking forward to the vid. Btw I got the chance to go through your "how-to" vids and found them very, very, helpful. I would highly reccomend anyone just getting started in all this, to take the time and watch.

Take care,

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:52 AM
Registered User
United States, IL, Schiller Park
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
You're on the list, Sir. Order # 40. 3-4 weeks. Or less. You're is a DIY kit so it will most likely go out sooner than that.

Thank you and have a nice weekend.

Best,
Chris
Thanks, Chris! You too. Would it be alright if I got the payment out of the way now?
ddub134 is offline Find More Posts by ddub134
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:45 AM
bobepine's Avatar
Joined Jun 2011
7,596 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddub134 View Post
Thanks, Chris! You too. Would it be alright if I got the payment out of the way now?
Of course you can pay in advance. You get free jalapenos poppers and french fries if you pay in advance.

No seriously, I offer two free spare skids for peeps who pay up front so I don't have to request payment later. I'll PM you my paypal now.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:15 AM
bobepine's Avatar
Joined Jun 2011
7,596 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayodhya View Post
ok chris , i'm in ! please confirm me for a rxr cnc 355 + two spare sets of new cnc skids ( 8 pieces ) , anodized black centre plate, front arms black anodized, rear arms lumincent orange anodized. Battery warning alarm if possible .

please inbox me total cost.

cheers
mate
You are on the list sir. See order number 41 on page 1 of this thread and let me know if I got this right.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:17 PM
bobepine's Avatar
Joined Jun 2011
7,596 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
OK guys, here's a few things I have to say.

1- I think I will be good to ship remaining orders between #25 and # 37 on Thursday. Some payment request with videos have been sent. (This does not include order # 36 because the anodized black arms will not be ready on time)

2- I have dealt with the CNC factory and the notice I posted earlier about oxidation issues on anodized black center plates is no longer valid. All anodized center plates shipped will be in good condition and just beautiful. So that's not an issue anymore is what I'm saying.

3- New offer: Free set of skids (4 skids) to anyone who lets me know via PM that Tech69 is sending you PMs trying to sell a quad to you after you order from me. Serious offer. Your PM to me will remain between you and me.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:52 PM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Fairfield
Joined Jan 2012
87 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Chris i just wanted to say thanks. I flew the quad today and it flew great until i flipped the switch into acro mode, lost my orientation and flew it straight into the ground. You were right though the frame will take some abuse. I did lose two propellers and i have some mud stuffed into the ends of the arms and packed into the motors. How do you remove dirt from a motor?
mactek is offline Find More Posts by mactek
Old Dec 02, 2012, 02:34 PM
Registered User
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactek View Post
How do you remove dirt from a motor?
It may sound hardcore, but after one of "mud" crashes i just rinsed the motor with water, runned it and let it dry

Works OK
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Armattan Quads Announcement: Upgrade Parts bobepine Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 16 Oct 13, 2012 12:07 PM
Sold RX Ready Custom Sports Quad: Armattan 362 bobepine Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 9 Sep 24, 2012 01:24 PM
Sold Open Pilot CC quad with aluminum Frame/ leds.Update listing 18 Jan price lowered tc3wins Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 8 Jan 18, 2012 07:35 PM
Sold Quad frame for sale!!! previously listed. as full quad. tc3wins Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 3 Aug 25, 2011 08:56 AM