SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:19 AM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I tune the board before shipping. 130 is too high. Makes landing tedious because the quad bounce up when touching down. It's great when in the air, though.

At first I could not tell that much difference but now that I have my cc3d tuned well, I can tell the difference.
Chris
I got used to landings at P=130 quickly, they are just a bit unprecise

Have OP revolution + GPS on pre-order.

Was afraid of crashing CC3D board and not having a spare, but now they are avaliable for 69E

http://www.drotek.fr/shop/en/149-fc-...openpilot.html
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:32 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,760 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
I paid a fortune for my CC3Ds. I traded a RXR brand new Armattan for one, and I paid 150$ for a second one. The fellow who traded with me is actually a friend and I just wanted to be kind to him because he went through the trouble of scoring one for me back when they were difficult to get. As for the second one, he sold it to me for the same price he bought it for and he forked out the money to ship it to me in Taiwan. So yes, very expensive but not at the sellers fault by any means. It was my choice and no one twisted my arm. I don't regret it. I'm keeping these things. They are my platform of choice for acrobatics.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:50 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
Trader Rating: 16
Hey Chris, any chance of getting a very tame Armattan quad in the 330 - 350 size? My reflexes are slow and eyes aren't to good, so something to just cruise around with. Auto-stabilize would be nice. But, if it can do an occasional flip, it would be cool.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:06 AM
United States, AL, Guntersville
Joined Apr 2007
143 Posts
Trader Rating: 26
Question Please

Chris,
Where do you source the little clear rubber landing feet on some of your quads?The ones like came on Terri's X250 kit.I need to get some for another project I have.
Many thanks,partzee
partzee is offline Find More Posts by partzee
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:07 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Hey Chris, any chance of getting a very tame Armattan quad in the 330 - 350 size? My reflexes are slow and eyes aren't to good, so something to just cruise around with. Auto-stabilize would be nice. But, if it can do an occasional flip, it would be cool.
Hi,

Any configuration I sell in this thread can be tamed down using stick scaling on the KK2. And aggressive 3d flyer can be made very tame with ailerons and elevator set to 30 on the KK2's stick scaling menu.

I could build something with motors that have lower KV (you'd have to wait for a while as I do not have such motors on hand) so you can get longer flights, though, but you'd still have to tame it down on the stick scaling menu. As for having a tame bird while being able to pull flips, you need a programmable radio to achieve this by programming dual rates. You could set the KK2 to about 80 on stick scaling and then have your radio set with D/R so that you get less than half of the stick responses when you flick the D/R switch.

I personally don't recommend using D/R to that extent with the KK2 because it's too easy to change the stick scaling before a flight using the :CD display. It takes a second. There are two reasons I don't recommend D/R. First is if you forget that you are in low rate and try a flip, it spells disaster. Second, adjusting the rates on the KK2 directly instead of using D/R on your radio end points, the cyclic response is more accurate. It can be done, though. Just have to remember to be in high rate before you attempt a flip.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:49 AM
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
First is if you forget that you are in low rate and try a flip, it spells disaster.

Just have to remember to be in high rate before you attempt a flip.
I avoided this disaster once just by pure luck.

Never again any D/R ! Only use stick-scaling inside KK2.

You still need to turn self-level OFF for flip and that's 100% enough to remember, if you plan cruise flight most of the time !
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:55 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafter View Post

You still need to turn self-level OFF for flip and that's 100% enough to remember, if you plan cruise flight most of the time !
Word. Could not agree more.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:01 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
I'm completely unfamiliar with the KK2 board. I got used to the MWC boards we had on the MWC X250. Can the KK2 board auto-stabilize by flipping a channel switch? Lower KV motors would be nice, too. I would be using a DX6i, so if you can include a receiver and set it up for DX6i (if possible), I'd be happy. I have no problem switching rates for doing flips. I do it all the time on the mQx. But, however you think is best would be fine with me. I don't have much time to tinker anymore. If you think some other board (I noticed you mentioned a few others) would be a better choice, I'm open to suggestion. Just post any price adjustments for receiver, motors, etc. and we can go from there.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:11 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,760 Posts
I use Devo so you'd have to install your own Spektrum receiver on this. As for other boards, well, sure the OP board is nicer but it costs three time the price, and probably 4 times the price by the time I get my hands on one of them to set it up for you. So KK2 it would have to be.

It's like this.... Can you install an operating system on a computer? Yes? then you can probably work with a multiwii board. Can you program an alarm clock? Yes? Then you're good to go with the KK2. Seriously.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:27 PM
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
Can you install an operating system on a computer? Yes? then you can probably work with a multiwii board. Can you program an alarm clock? Yes? Then you're good to go with the KK2. Seriously.

Best,
Chris
Word. Could not agree more.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:10 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
I don't know, them alarm clocks can get pretty tricky!

Anyway, I'll abide by what you tell me.

If you don't absolutely need an iphone, I have a Samsung galaxy you can have for free.
Last edited by Balr14; Dec 01, 2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:02 PM
Look out! Mayday! Mayday!
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Jan 2012
336 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
I'm just going to throw this here in case I get lucky. I need an iPhone 3 or 3s, guys.

Color doesn't matter but it has to be unlocked. I'm willing to build and ship an Armattan quad as a trade.

I would also consider an iPhone 4 but I guess I would have to throw in a few bucks to make up the difference in market value.

So if you have one of thems kicking around that you don't need anymore and want to trade, let me know!

@Phasor,

Awesome progress in your flying, Sir. Thanks for posting the video and the feedback.

Best,
Chris

Chris,

I just put in an unlock request for my iphone 3g. Let me know if you want it and I'll send it to you when the unlock goes through.

- John
Chingus is offline Find More Posts by Chingus
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:39 PM
Quad Pilot
Ferndale Wa
Joined Apr 2009
296 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Hey Chris,

Pm sent about payment ,cant wait to hear from ya.

itsme1
ShawnG is offline Find More Posts by ShawnG
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:21 PM
United States, NJ, Fairfield
Joined Jan 2012
93 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
I got the quad in the air for the first time today and it flew great. The only thing that happened is i had one of the nuts that hold the prop on fly off and I was not able to locate it. I ran over to home depot and bought some m5 nuts with the built in thread lock but i can not get them screwed down tight on the prop because the prop adapter ends up slipping. Does anybody have any other ideas that i could use instead.
mactek is online now Find More Posts by mactek
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:30 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Hey Chris, I got the 3 extra 400mm arms in the mail yesterday. THANKS!!!

Quick question... I went to page one to look at how many orders you have and noticed that my order #24 for the 700mm arms and extensions was listed as x4 on the arms but I ordered 6 to have a couple spares on hand. I'm hoping this is just a typo, but if not, no worries my brother I'm sure we can work something out.

Thanks,

-Pat

Quote:
Sorry, Pat. I missed that.

6x drilled arms @ 4$ = 24$
12X extensions for ESC/motors connections @ 50cents= 6$
Shipping: 5$

Sorry, I charge a flat 5$ for parts shipments.

Total: 35$

Let me know if you want this.

Best,
Chris
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Closed Thread