SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:26 AM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Who has received the CNC 355 so far? Let's see some damn pictures and videos guys! I have 2 on the way (along with the M750), but haven't some other people received them yet?
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:27 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,879 Posts
Trader Rating: 170
Just an update guys. If you look at the orders list on page 1, you'll see that orders from # 1 through # 24 have been shipped. One or two other orders down the list have also been shipped but they are not CNC orders and I made those while waiting for the CNC parts. That's why they shipped first.

So what next? Well, I coated the arms for order # 25 this evening and I'll be starting the day assembling this tomorrow and working my way down the list from there.

Pretty much everyone whose order is listed below # 25 was told 3-4 weeks turn around time and I don't think that will be a problem. In fact, I think it will take less time than that but I can't make promises. DIY kits will ship faster.

I have obligations next week and shipping will not be on Tuesday. Next shipping day is Thursday 12/6. It's a two day delay on my normal shipping day which is usually Tuesday, but I'll still be well under the promised date for orders shipping on that day. My plan is to have orders # 25 through # 35 in the mail next Thursday and maybe some DIY kits ordered after that.

But do remember that a plan is a plan. Goals fail but plans may change.

And then the rest of the current orders should ship the following Tuesday. If this all works out, then I'll be well within the promised turn around on all orders on that very long list.

Thanks for your confidence, guys, and thanks for the feedback, too. If the above seems too long for you or if the holidays are hitting the wallet too hard and you need to cancel your order, please do so BEFORE you receive a notice from me requesting payment when your order is ready. That's not a problem.

And for the remaining orders, I'll extend the same offer. If you pay me in advance and save me the trouble of requesting payment; I'll throw in 2 spare skids in with your order.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:39 PM
United States, IL, Schiller Park
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Hi Chris,

Yes. I registered here to order. My paypal is verified and I found your quads through Youtube. If you could throw me on the list that would be super.
ddub134 is offline Find More Posts by ddub134
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:19 PM
KG7MNT
United States, WY, Cheyenne
Joined Jun 2008
179 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Armattan in the wind

Well here is a video from this morning flying one of my Armattan quads. These are my first attempts at aieleron and front flips. It's been howling wind here the last few days but was only supposed to be about 20 mph today so I decided to go fly. I've been flying the quad about a month now but just started doing flips. Today my goal was practice the rolls and flips. Sorry for the quality of the video as it is just one of the small keychain cameras.

Chris designed and built a great performance quad as I'm not a very good pilot and the quad makes it look easy. Hope to get a better camera in the future. For all those that have ordered quads from Chris, your are in for a real treat when you get out to fly one.

Quad in the wind (3 min 40 sec)

Thanks, Jerry
Phasor is offline Find More Posts by Phasor
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:53 PM
I'm New
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2012
719 Posts
Trader Rating: 48
Man Chris, you fly with crazy high gains.

115 lol. Took me by surprise when I just half throttle to try the frame. cool.

Love it.
unfaix is offline Find More Posts by unfaix
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:10 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddub134 View Post
Hi Chris,

Yes. I registered here to order. My paypal is verified and I found your quads through Youtube. If you could throw me on the list that would be super.
You're on the list, Sir. Order # 40. 3-4 weeks. Or less. You're is a DIY kit so it will most likely go out sooner than that.

Thank you and have a nice weekend.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:28 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,879 Posts
I'm just going to throw this here in case I get lucky. I need an iPhone 3 or 3s, guys.

Color doesn't matter but it has to be unlocked. I'm willing to build and ship an Armattan quad as a trade.

I would also consider an iPhone 4 but I guess I would have to throw in a few bucks to make up the difference in market value.

So if you have one of thems kicking around that you don't need anymore and want to trade, let me know!

@Phasor,

Awesome progress in your flying, Sir. Thanks for posting the video and the feedback.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:31 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfaix View Post
Man Chris, you fly with crazy high gains.

115 lol. Took me by surprise when I just half throttle to try the frame. cool.

Love it.
You needed to watch the video about pre-flight check in which I mention that stick scaling needs to be tuned down for some pilots. On some recent orders when the pilots clearly mentioned being beginners, I have lowered this to 30 before shipping.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:50 PM
KG7MNT
United States, WY, Cheyenne
Joined Jun 2008
179 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Thanks Chris, I'm practicing and crashing but it's fun learning and repairing. I have gained a lot of experience watching your videos and enjoy them very much. Please keep them coming.

Jerry
Phasor is offline Find More Posts by Phasor
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:47 AM
I'm New
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2012
719 Posts
Trader Rating: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
You needed to watch the video about pre-flight check in which I mention that stick scaling needs to be tuned down for some pilots. On some recent orders when the pilots clearly mentioned being beginners, I have lowered this to 30 before shipping.

Best,
Chris
Your settings were perfect for me, just surprise it so that sensitive
unfaix is offline Find More Posts by unfaix
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:10 AM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfaix View Post
Your settings were perfect for me, just surprise it so that sensitive
130 P gain is just about right in my M345
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:08 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,879 Posts
He is talking about stick scaling.

C.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:07 AM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
That happens when i read and reply @6AM

Do you ship the KK2's to the guys with stock PI settings ?

It's really worth tuning IMO, i like the feeling of higher gains, it follows stick commands more precise and "close"
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:05 AM
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Karup
Joined Aug 2012
254 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
If you invoice me on paypal chris i will pay instant and get the free skids. I use gmail and my name is the same as in here.
vartaz is offline Find More Posts by vartaz
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:06 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,879 Posts
I tune the board before shipping. 130 is too high. Makes landing tedious because the quad bounce up when touching down. It's great when in the air, though. You're getting quite good and I can understand you like a crisp stick response. You want to get your hands on an open pilot board, mate. The stock settings on the op feels like a kk2 cranked up to 200 on p gain. The response is incredible. It makes recovering after aggressive moves a lot smoother.

I'm a big fan of the kk2. I think it's a great platform for acrobatics and it's price is unbeatable. But I've been flying op for a while and I won't have anything less now. It's that much better. At first I could not tell that much difference but now that I have my cc3d tuned well, I can tell the difference. The op is in a class of it's own.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread