Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:52 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,433 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Mine is in town now!
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:01 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
The new cnc one
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:02 AM
Custom quad builder
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Ok guys I got props just like the ones chris uses 2 blade I will post the prices in the classifieds. And I got some 3 blade as well
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:50 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,412 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Orders 1 through 15 are shipping tomorrow. That will be a total of 22 orders shipped since I started this thread only 6 days ago. I think I'm doing OK. Been busy. I do that a break every day to go out flying, though. Usually at dusk because it's my favorite time of day for flying.

I'm hoping to have more orders shipped before the end of the week, too, but worse case scenario the next shipment will go out next Tuesday.

Thanks, guys. And please remember to update my traders rating.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:06 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,412 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phasor View Post
Look forward to viewing the video....what camera are you using to do your videos?

Jerry
Should be ready for viewing soon.

Armattan CF 316 (0 min 0 sec)

0%

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:23 PM
KG7MNT
United States, WY, Cheyenne
Joined Jun 2008
170 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Should be ready for viewing soon.

http://youtu.be/Y0-A0ObrLAE
0%

Best,
Chris
I enjoyed that video very much....As I crash alot too. Watching your videos makes me try harder...

Thanks, Jerry
Phasor is offline Find More Posts by Phasor
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:23 PM
Joined Dec 2011
101 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
looks nice! :P
mailman35 is offline Find More Posts by mailman35
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:10 PM
Custom quad builder
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Ok this is what I have so far had to take a brake

The Armattan 355 CNC Frame (0 min 27 sec)
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:49 PM
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,433 Posts
It looks like not being afraid to crash is the path to skill! I can't wait to figure out how to do some crazy flying!

I now have my Armattan M375 sitting right beside me looking mean. I love the construction quality Chris has put into this. The plates are elegantly cut with nice holes for the power and signal wires for the ESCs. Extending the inner arm fasteners with nylon nuts and mounting the power distribution board, KK2 board and finally the clear plastic cover seems well thought out. There seems to be no play in the arms and from what I can see the arms are as close to perfectly straight as can be. The motors are well mounted; the shaft to shaft measurements differentiate by less than 1mm (less than 0.3% variation) in any direction. Considering the connecting holes in the tubular arms appear hand drilled I am very impressed. The only tiny detail I have spotted that I might address are the holes in the plates are a bit sharp on the edges. With the thick wires coming through and Aluminum being conductive, I think I might smooth those out a bit more just to make sure it doesn't cut into the wires over time. I have to say, this is a very ice build. I am ecstatic!

I can't get over how fast the shipping was. I estimate the Devo 10 will arrive in about 10 days and the batteries likely a couple of days after that. My bad though, I still don't have any props en-route. I have to get on that or I'll just be hovering nervously in my basement while my kids fly around it with their little symas. It will be interesting to see if I can resist the temptation of coupling my 3s batteries (900mah + 1000mah) together. I did connect one today to power it up and the KK2 board lit up and appeared to do some sort of self check. I'll have to take some time to get familiar with the menus in there. There are a heck of a lot of pins on that board!

I will wait anxiously for the rest of the gear to arrive and start thinking about ways to setup navigation lights for night flying. I think I'll try and keep the lights easily removable and maybe learn more about RX's and see if I can figure out how to control the lights from the TX.

THANKS CHRIS!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:43 PM
United States, NJ, Fairfield
Joined Jan 2012
81 Posts
Well it has finally arrived. Now i just need to change the xt60 connectors on my batteries over to deans and i should be up and flying.
mactek is offline Find More Posts by mactek
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:07 PM
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb View Post
Here is a pic of my motor, two of them have rcx stickers on them, the other two do not, but they both have a d2822/12 1800kv stick on them.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1771898&page=8

http://www.myrcmart.com/rcx-a282212-...ts-p-3994.html
Greetings Noahb,

Did you sort out of the D2822/12-1800kv is the same as RCMarts A2822/12-1800kv?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:14 PM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactek View Post
Well it has finally arrived. Now i just need to change the xt60 connectors on my batteries over to deans and i should be up and flying.
Maybe other way around ? Just switch to XT60 on Armattan ?

I've only tested t-deans plugs once but in my opinion XT60's are far superior + most batteries avaliable are XT60.
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:55 PM
Carlsbad, New Mexico
Joined Feb 2004
158 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
No, I sure have not. Chris, can you confirm that the 1800 motors from myrcmart are the same ones you are using for some of the builds that will have the 1800kv motors? Or post an actual link to the motors themselves? The only 1800kv motor I find are the ones listed as A models, but the stickers have D on them. Not sure it makes much of a difference.
noahb is online now Find More Posts by noahb
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:52 PM
United States, NJ, Fairfield
Joined Jan 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafter View Post
Maybe other way around ? Just switch to XT60 on Armattan ?

I've only tested t-deans plugs once but in my opinion XT60's are far superior + most batteries avaliable are XT60.
When i have a chance to order some xt60 plugs i will but for now i have deans on hand and i want to fly. One thing i forgot to get was some servo cables for the receiver to the kk board. I am hoping i can pick some up at my local hobby shop.
mactek is offline Find More Posts by mactek
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:59 PM
Carlsbad, New Mexico
Joined Feb 2004
158 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
Chris, some of the props you have sent with the quads have little "fillets" between the blade and the hub. They also do not have the stamp FC on the other side of the prop like the himodels do. Can you tell me what kind or where you got those props from?

Thanks,
Larry
noahb is online now Find More Posts by noahb
Closed Thread