SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:08 AM
Registered Abuser
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
^lmao
lostheli is offline Find More Posts by lostheli
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:12 AM
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Karup
Joined Aug 2012
254 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
I would like anodized black arms if it dont take loads of time the 8doller extra cost OK. Can i expect to have it here before christmas? Really liking your work Chris.
vartaz is offline Find More Posts by vartaz
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:19 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,672 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by vartaz View Post
I would like anodized black arms if it dont take loads of time the 8doller extra cost OK. Can i expect to have it here before christmas? Really liking your work Chris.
Having this at your door for Xmas is a bit of a push, I think. But I'm optimistic. No guarantees, though.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:27 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,672 Posts
I special ordered me a 325 CNC with black anodized arms and I'll be using a metalic center plate. I have not ordered more production on the CNC 325 as I don't think it would sell well. I think a 400 CNC would sell better. I may offer that in the future but aside from my own CNC 325, my next project is a FPV frame. That one will be available as frame only because I'm not experienced enough with FPV to know for sure what the best specs are for this. I know what I need to make a fast acro quad, but FPV is a bit unknown to me yet. My FPV design will be my own twist on a current FPV frame design.

Stay tuned.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:49 AM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,473 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Thank you for your payment, Sir. 5$ received. You're getting centerfolds. And rest assured, this is a private and anonymous purchase. No one needs to know about this. My lips are sealed, Sir.

Best as always,
Chris
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:22 PM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
, my next project is a FPV frame. That one will be available as frame only because I'm not experienced enough with FPV to know for sure what the best specs are for this. I know what I need to make a fast acro quad, but FPV is a bit unknown to me yet. My FPV design will be my own twist on a current FPV frame design.

Stay tuned.

Best,
Chris
Lot's of testing in front of me after your work is finished.

Can't wait for the FPV frame.
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:28 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,740 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Quote:
Aside from my own CNC 325, my next project is a FPV frame. That one will be available as frame only because I'm not experienced enough with FPV to know for sure what the best specs are for this. I know what I need to make a fast acro quad, but FPV is a bit unknown to me yet. My FPV design will be my own twist on a current FPV frame design.

Stay tuned.

Best,
Chris
Cool, hopefully the camera platform will be wide enough (10.16cm) to support a GoPro 3 with no prop view.

Just hoping.

daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:10 PM
USA, NM, Carlsbad
Joined May 2002
1,147 Posts
Trader Rating: 75
I'm thinking about offering a special promotion. 5$ extra and I pack using centerfolds.

I might order another just for this!
littlepiston is offline Find More Posts by littlepiston
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:16 PM
KG7MNT
United States, WY, Cheyenne
Joined Jun 2008
173 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Hi all,

I was flying my M-350 Armattan this morning doing some flips and decided to do what I call the "Flying Squirrel" from Chris's video where he gets lots of altitude then inverts the quad and lets it freefall for a while then recovers back into a hover. Well I did one and that's when the trouble started. On the recovery the battery strap ripped off and the quad crashed. However, it did hit mostly right side up. So the damage....snapped one landing gear standoff, bent one prop adapter, and of course the battery strap. Other than that, the quad is fine. No props were broken and I went in hard from about 75' up. So...what I guess the moral of this story is inspect your battery straps after doing some hard flying, especially acro flying. I put some rubber trim moulding on the bottom center plate and added some velcro and another battery strap. So I'm good to go at it again. The weather was great today and had a very good Thanksgiving here in Wyoming.

This is a testament to the strength of these Armattan quads as I was clipping along pretty fast when gravity took control and kissed mother earth. I want to thank Chris for designing and building these quads for the rest of us because I don't have the tooling and his are very affordable. I have one of his metallic frames and a CNC RXR ready coming also. That will give me a squadron of three Armattan's not counting the plastic 450 quad. I'm sure that it will only grow .

I would never have attempted doing any aerobatic flying with my first plastic framed 450 size quad because you would break a boom just barely kissing the ground.

Thanks Chris, I know that if you keep building these things I will keep ordering.

Cheers, Jerry
Phasor is offline Find More Posts by Phasor
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:42 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,672 Posts
You know you're flying aggressively when the battery strap snaps under G force.

Thanks for the feedback, Jerry. Much appreciated. Yesterday I pulled a quintuple flip with my Armattan CF 316 and came short. Slammed the ground very hard. No damage. Then I tried again with more altitude and succeeded. I have the crash and the flips on video. I'll host it when I have time. Many crashes in that video as it was getting dark and I'm trying new tricks.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:21 PM
KG7MNT
United States, WY, Cheyenne
Joined Jun 2008
173 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Quote:
You know you're flying aggressively when the battery strap snaps under G force.

Thanks for the feedback, Jerry. Much appreciated. Yesterday I pulled a quintuple flip with my Armattan CF 316 and came short. Slammed the ground very hard. No damage. Then I tried again with more altitude and succeeded. I have the crash and the flips on video. I'll host it when I have time. Many crashes in that video as it was getting dark and I'm trying new tricks.

Best,
Chris
Look forward to viewing the video....what camera are you using to do your videos?

Jerry
Phasor is offline Find More Posts by Phasor
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:30 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,672 Posts
I'm using an iPhone 4.

C.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:31 PM
Custom quad builder