HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:17 PM
Tennessee
Joined Mar 2005
111 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Quad looks great

Chris,

I received my quad almost a couple weeks ago, but had to go out of town as soon as it was received. It looks great!! Today I finally hooked it up to adjust all sub trims to 0% (on the KK2), all end points to 100% (on the KK2), elevator and aileron stick scale to 25, calibrate the esc's (3 tones), and run the motors without the props. This task was easier than had been expected.
Now without a capable battery on hand I will have to wait to fly it.

Anyone want to recommend a battery size and who has them in stock for the 2826/6 (2200kv) motors?

I do have a question with regards to the motors. My quad came with 9"x4.5" props. Is this prop size going to damage the esc or motor on a 3S battery, or should they be changed to a 5"x5" to prevent over amping? In the video you sent, the power was very impressive, but wonder what amps it is pulling?
I just was to ensure dependability also.

2826/6 Motor Specs:
Rpm/V: 2200kv
Shaft: 3.17mm
Voltage: 2S~3S (7.4v to 11.1v)
Weight: 50g
Watts: 342w
Max Current: 34A
ESC: 40A
Suggested Prop: 7x4(2S) ~ 5x5 (3S)

Chris... A positive rating has been added to your RCG profile for my quad!

Thanks (sorry for the bad pic)
romeodz
romeodz is offline Find More Posts by romeodz
Last edited by romeodz; Nov 21, 2012 at 10:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:32 PM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,417 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeodz View Post
Chris,

I received my quad almost a couple weeks ago, but had to go out of town as soon as it was received. It looks great!! Today I finally hooked it up to adjust all sub trims to 0% (on the KK2), all end points to 100% (on the KK2), elevator and aileron stick scale to 25, calibrate the esc's (3 tones), and run the motors without the props. This task was easier than had been expected.
Now without a capable battery on hand I will have to wait to fly it.

Anyone want to recommend a battery size and who has them in stock for the 2826/6 (2200kv) motors?

I do have a question with regards to the motors. My quad came with 9"x4.5" props. Is this prop size going to damage the esc or motor on a 3S battery, or should they be changed to a 5"x5" to prevent over amping? In the video you sent, the power was very impressive, but wonder what amps it is pulling?
I just was to ensure dependability also.

2826/6 Motor Specs:
Rpm/V: 2200kv
Shaft: 3.17mm
Voltage: 2S~3S (7.4v to 11.1v)
Weight: 50g
Watts: 342w
Max Current: 34A
ESC: 40A
Suggested Prop: 7x4(2S) ~ 5x5 (3S)

Chris... A positive rating has been added to your RCG profile for my quad!

Thanks (sorry for the bad pic)
romeodz
I'd stick with the 7x4 blades if you don't like that stock 9x4.5. Neither will damage anything. 2200mah 3s 40c would be great, and hobbyking has it in stock last I checked.
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:42 PM
Tennessee
Joined Mar 2005
111 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Thanks for the reply Creepy1. Do you happen to know the amp draw with the 7x4's?
romeodz
romeodz is offline Find More Posts by romeodz
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:20 PM
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeodz View Post
Thanks for the reply Creepy1. Do you happen to know the amp draw with the 7x4's?
romeodz
You'd have to ask Chris as I am unsure. Probably no more than 18a or less I'd guess as I am running 20a escs without issue. Sorry I can be of anymore help.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:43 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,567 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Suggested props on these motors are for airplanes. The quad has 4 of them. 9 inch props are fine, 7 inch is too small. You can run 8 inch if you want longer flight time. Don't worry about amp draw. Just worry about getting batteries with at least 40c discharge and no less than 2200mAh, 3s. Up to 2650 mAh would be OK, but 40c + discharge rate is a must.

Thanks for the nice feedback. I reciprocated. Glad you like it.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:51 AM
United States, NJ, Fairfield
Joined Jan 2012
85 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy1 View Post
Took the 355 up again after putting my new devo7 on it. I'm loving this thing!! Now all I need to do is find a place for this reciever, and its two 8 inch signal wires!
Before the devo 7 what were you flying with?
mactek is online now Find More Posts by mactek
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:56 AM
New Zealand, Otago, Queenstown
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Hey Chris are you taking orders? I'm fine with waiting for you to catch up. I just sold my quad today and packing one machine for shipping was hard enough! Respect to you for being a one man factory!

- I would like to order a RXR Armattan 355 CNC with black centre plates, black front arms and orange rear arms please.

I can repost my order at a later date if you aren't taking new ones right now. What ever suits you best sir!

Nathan
flatlandrobin is offline Find More Posts by flatlandrobin
Last edited by flatlandrobin; Nov 22, 2012 at 03:39 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:00 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandrobin View Post
Hey Chris are you taking orders? I'm fine with waiting for you to catch up. I just sold my quad today and packing one machine for shipping was hard enough! Respect to you for being a one man factory!

- I would like to order a RXR Armattan 355 CNC with black centre plates, black front arms and orange rear arms please.

I can repost my order at a later date if you aren't taking new ones right now. What ever suits you best sir!

Nathan
I have added you to the list. Not sure how long it will take. I'll know better in a week or two. Thank you.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:01 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,567 Posts
Armattan M230 Outdoor (7 min 17 sec)

hehehe

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:18 AM
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactek View Post
Before the devo 7 what were you flying with?
DX6i with an orangerx that has a 1 inch wire.
Last edited by Creepy1; Nov 22, 2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:24 AM
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Is that dog real? lol.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:52 AM
Joined Nov 2012
10 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Yes. I do plan on putting together something for the FPV guys. It will probably take a while but it's probably going to be my next CNC project.

Best,
Chris
Ah, that's great news Chris!!!! A robust and sexy looking FPV Armattan will be a killer!! Any chance to pre-order one?
Quadrophil is offline Find More Posts by Quadrophil
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:32 AM
New Zealand, Otago, Queenstown
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
I have added you to the list. Not sure how long it will take. I'll know better in a week or two. Thank you.

Best,
Chris
Thanks Chris, I will keep checking this page anyway as I love to see everyone's vids!
flatlandrobin is offline Find More Posts by flatlandrobin
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:44 AM
Carlsbad, New Mexico
Joined Feb 2004
158 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
If you wonder why Chris recommends a 40C+ battery... well I hooked a power meter to it this morning as I was curious to what the hover load was and the full power load is.

Well, hover it pulled around 12 to 13 amps. Full power climb out for about 2 seconds was 96 amps, or a tad over 1000 watts! So if you plan on pushing this guy, do yourself a favor and get a good battery for it. I have the 1800kv motors on mine.

Happy Thanksgiving guys.
noahb is offline Find More Posts by noahb
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:01 PM
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb View Post
If you wonder why Chris recommends a 40C+ battery... well I hooked a power meter to it this morning as I was curious to what the hover load was and the full power load is.

Well, hover it pulled around 12 to 13 amps. Full power climb out for about 2 seconds was 96 amps, or a tad over 1000 watts! So if you plan on pushing this guy, do yourself a favor and get a good battery for it. I have the 1800kv motors on mine.

Happy Thanksgiving guys.
Thanks, Noah. I guess my 2200mah 3s 40c will do just fine for sure now. I need to get me a power meter one of these days.
Closed Thread