SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:49 AM
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by furballll View Post
oh i know thats a v2 i see the differances already in the kit and they are big changes.
Yeah, I'm not expert in this field yet, but I see some changes too. Holding on to some extra cash just for the release.

Khen, you've got me on the list, right?!!
3flyguy3 is offline Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2013, 06:58 PM
United States, UT, Eagle Mountain
Joined May 2008
246 Posts
Here's my first Slicko I just completed....I just love it when folks put up pics. Can't wait to put her up...soon! Sorry about the hello kitty/godzilla theme, that's what happens when you hand a 17 year old daughter a bag of Sharpies. Interesting, she could give a flying hoot about planes, yet, she's been out to FCPB and met them and I haven't...
dr-squared is offline Find More Posts by dr-squared
Old Mar 10, 2013, 07:06 PM
Professional Pixel Flyer....
United States, VT, Weathersfield
Joined Dec 2005
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr-squared View Post
Here's my first Slicko I just completed....I just love it when folks put up pics. Can't wait to put her up...soon! Sorry about the hello kitty/godzilla theme, that's what happens when you hand a 17 year old daughter a bag of Sharpies. Interesting, she could give a flying hoot about planes, yet, she's been out to FCPB and met them and I haven't...
That is some really nice sharpie work!

Oh, don't let her fool you, she is going to make an excuse to join you on the maiden, "to see her artwork in motion" and then will take over the sticks, and you'll be picking your jaw up out of the dirt as she is laughing and showing you how 3D is done!

RightcoastRC is online now Find More Posts by RightcoastRC
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:09 PM
United States, KY, Booneville
Joined Jul 2012
407 Posts
Get Real that is freaking sick.. I loved it...Still havent had a change to get mine out and take pictures for you all to see and give me suggestions as to how to fix it.. Hopefully this week.. Its been crazy at work and home..
medic45 is offline Find More Posts by medic45
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:24 PM
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
United States, GA, Cornelia
Joined Jan 2012
1,260 Posts
Quote:
Tell your daughter I'm going to be sending my next plane to her! I want!
nightfox7 is offline Find More Posts by nightfox7
Old Mar 11, 2013, 08:40 AM
Utah USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,236 Posts
Quote:
Very nice! She did a great job with the sharpies!

If you haven't already done it, a light mist of clear coat in the heavily handled parts will help keep the sharpie from wearing down.
WickedFunRC is offline Find More Posts by WickedFunRC
Site Sponsor
Last edited by WickedFunRC; Mar 11, 2013 at 08:47 AM.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 08:49 AM
Joined May 2008
246 Posts
Thanks guys, I'll show her these posts. I've found that sharpies kinda rub off so if you use this method spray a fog coat of some flat clear to set it. And, I helped on the top, a little...kinda.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:02 AM
Utah USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,236 Posts
Quote:
Thanks guys, I'll show her these posts. I've found that sharpies kinda rub off so if you use this method spray a fog coat of some flat clear to set it. And, I helped on the top, a little...kinda.
Ah, you did do the clear. Keep us posted on how she flies! There's a group of buddies/customers that fly out your way (Saratoga Springs). I'm hoping to get out there and fly one of these up coming weekends.
WickedFunRC is offline Find More Posts by WickedFunRC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Latest Video's
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:48 PM
Joined May 2008
246 Posts
Well, Ken, since I live in Eagle Mountain just up the road from Saratoga, if you can tolerate a 3d butcher I'd love to meet some local flyers out this way if you can let me know! I'll maiden this week...rest assured durability will be tested but I'm quite sure she'll be sweet...seems way stiffer and solid than the Tech1 Spirit I started on. I got on the list to buy other WFH stuff when it's built...you know, if you can't keep up with demand I'm looking for part time work and you are on the way home...
Old Mar 12, 2013, 07:11 PM
Joined Jul 2012
407 Posts
Aight guys here's the destruction!!! Any help would be appreciated!!
Old Mar 12, 2013, 08:38 PM
lost in the addiction of flyin
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Dec 2009
798 Posts
meh minor damage really, ten mins on the front to be flyable and you need to do goop hinge on the rudder. if someone knows a good tutorial vid for that please post it for him. in the front put some welders or foam tac in the cracks and reform them into place you probably wont even see the cracks.
furballll is offline Find More Posts by furballll
Old Mar 12, 2013, 09:09 PM
Joined Jul 2012
407 Posts
Thanks for the info a vid would be awesome!! Got the goop tonight I hope I got the right stuff picked it up at hobby lobby!! And ordering some welders tonight or tomorrow!!
Old Mar 12, 2013, 09:51 PM
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Dec 2009
798 Posts
No Brainer Build Video - Hinging Ailerons & Elevator -.wmv (9 min 39 sec)
Old Mar 12, 2013, 09:53 PM
Joined Jul 2012
407 Posts
Bwahahahaha Furballll I literally just watched that video after you tubing that just awesome!!!! Tyvm. I like how he reinforced the body with the glue down the sides!! Think I may do that as well I assume u would use the welders for that instead of the goop though right!!
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:04 PM
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Dec 2009
798 Posts
you could use either really, however with the keyed design that the slicko is you probably wont notice the differance in doing it, and you may affect your CG if your not carefull and sparing.