HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:59 AM
Registered User
War Horse's Avatar
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Thanks for the link, where is that on the home page ?
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:53 AM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
There is a blurb in the rules page, but no link on the home page that I know of.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:26 AM
Borders, language & culture
AintQytRite's Avatar
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2001
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
Actually, it does not happen regularly. It is rare to see the 'obnoxious reporting' points.




I see that page first from my favorites link.
another one today, 4 weeks strait now.
AintQytRite is offline Find More Posts by AintQytRite
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:55 AM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintQytRite View Post
another one today, 4 weeks strait now.
Really? Looked like one, last week, (24th) one week straight now.

Besides, what significance do you place upon the fact that they enforce the rule I cited, which you also want a new rule made to do basically the same thing?


But, if you want, start keeping track to see if you can prove your point...... I will get this one for you.


Besides, I thought you had bowed out already.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintQytRite View Post
Im done argueing the rules with you. they are there and plain to see, easily understood by most. have a wonderful day.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Last edited by wrightme; Nov 26, 2012 at 09:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:34 AM
Borders, language & culture
AintQytRite's Avatar
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2001
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
Really? Looked like one, last week, (24th) one week straight now.

Besides, what significance do you place upon the fact that they enforce the rule I cited, which you also want a new rule made to do basically the same thing?


But, if you want, start keeping track to see if you can prove your point...... I will get this one for you.


Besides, I thought you had bowed out already.....
crazy little got one 2 weeks ago and i forget the name of the guy last week. pretty regular occurance.
True to my post you quoted, i did not get back into the rules disscussion with you which is futile for some to understand.
I did however point out the innacuracy of the content of your post.
AintQytRite is offline Find More Posts by AintQytRite
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:39 AM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
CL started his appeal on the 9th. Last week was the one on the 24th.

You can call that 'pretty regular occurrence' if you want......

But, judging it by one month of data isn't useful.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AintQytRite View Post
crazy little got one 2 weeks ago and i forget the name of the guy last week. pretty regular occurance.
True to my post you quoted, i did not get back into the rules disscussion with you which is futile for some to understand.
I did however point out the innacuracy of the content of your post.
Really? What inaccuracy? you called the 24th, today for some reason. As for the part in bold, are you claiming to not understand? Or are you attempting to say that I do not understand something? Exactly what is it you feel I don't understand?


I clearly cited the rule you think I don't understand, and have clearly shown that I understand it. Or are you attempting to say it is some other rule (other than the Obnoxious Reporting one) that I don't understand?
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:52 AM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintQytRite View Post
Thats not what i said. I said one should get a point for every report they do that doesnt get warned as it is against rules to report posts that dont break the rules.
It is NOT against the rules to report posts that don't break the rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
"Trolling (Obnoxious Reporting) The user has abused the reporting system by repeatedly requesting moderator intervention when none is required. 3 "
It IS against the rules to repeatedly report posts that don't break the rules.


I am not the one misunderstanding the rule.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:49 PM
Registered User
CrazyLittle's Avatar
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintQytRite View Post
crazy little got one 2 weeks ago and i forget the name of the guy last week.
Nope. It was overturned.
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:48 AM
Registered User
BACKEMFNRG's Avatar
Canada, ON, Acton
Joined Oct 2003
2,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
Dunno how many times this tired old saw has to be brought up. It has been explained countless times that the notion has no merit, would provide no benefit to the RC Groups community, would operate exactly opposite to the desired mode of operation of the forum and is therefore highly unlikely to ever be implemented. More than a few Quixotic crusades have foundered on that point.
Does LTUP provide benefit to the RC Groups community in itself? WHat does it matter what goes on in LTUP to the rest of the RC Groups community? It doesn't imo.

It might bring benefit to the LTUP portion of this big forum.

The moderation in here is pathetic and if it weren't somewhat funny I'd completely bug out.

It's funny how much faster one reaches to be a Jedi rule user in here instead of just using the IGNORE function like the more rational beings.

My parents taught me that sticks and stones break bones but, names can never hurt unless you let them and that my friends is a CONCIOUS decision. I have vented on people on here but, not to a degree that it requires reporting. I too have been flagged.
BACKEMFNRG is offline Find More Posts by BACKEMFNRG
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:52 AM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKEMFNRG View Post
Does LTUP provide benefit to the RC Groups community in itself? WHat does it matter what goes on in LTUP to the rest of the RC Groups community? It doesn't imo..
The stated reason for LTUP is to attempt to keep that discussion away from the hobby topics, by providing a separate area for users to have as an outlet.

It doesn't really matter to the hobby subjects what happens in LTUP, other than it happen in LTUP and not in the on-topic forums.

Or, 'what happens in LTUP should stay in LTUP.'


The site owner could as easily remove LTUP and simply prohibit any off-subject posts. The site owner chose something else.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:01 AM
Registered User
BACKEMFNRG's Avatar
Canada, ON, Acton
Joined Oct 2003
2,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
The stated reason for LTUP is to attempt to keep that discussion away from the hobby topics, by providing a separate area for users to have as an outlet.

It doesn't really matter to the hobby subjects what happens in LTUP, other than it happen in LTUP and not in the on-topic forums.

Or, 'what happens in LTUP should stay in LTUP.'


The site owner could as easily remove LTUP and simply prohibit any off-subject posts. The site owner chose something else.
It is what it is.
BACKEMFNRG is offline Find More Posts by BACKEMFNRG
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:22 AM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKEMFNRG View Post
My parents taught me that sticks and stones break bones but, names can never hurt unless you let them and that my friends is a CONCIOUS decision. I have vented on people on here but, not to a degree that it requires reporting. I too have been flagged.
Reporting posts is what the site owner desires, so that infractions are brought to the attention of the moderator team.

Reporting a post, does not indicate any specific feeling of the person reporting, but at its simplest, is only an indication that someone saw a post that was likely a rule infraction.

"requires reporting" is shown by getting flagged. Specifically, by getting a post flagged, a moderator believed it to be an infraction. Thus, the 'requires reporting' term does fit.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:59 PM
Registered User
CrazyLittle's Avatar
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKEMFNRG View Post
Does LTUP provide benefit to the RC Groups community in itself?
It provides inflated ad impressions.
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:00 PM
All under control, Grommit!
leccyflyer's Avatar
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKEMFNRG View Post
Does LTUP provide benefit to the RC Groups community in itself? WHat does it matter what goes on in LTUP to the rest of the RC Groups community? It doesn't imo.
LTUP fulfills a role at RC Groups in providing a location for off topic discussion. It has done so since before RC Group was created, when it was correctly termed Off Topic Discussion.

Quote:
It might bring benefit to the LTUP portion of this big forum.

The moderation in here is pathetic and if it weren't somewhat funny I'd completely bug out.
It is your choice nobody forces anyone to post or read here.
[
Quote:
It's funny how much faster one reaches to be a Jedi rule user in here instead of just using the IGNORE function like the more rational beings.

My parents taught me that sticks and stones break bones but, names can never hurt unless you let them and that my friends is a CONCIOUS decision. I have vented on people on here but, not to a degree that it requires reporting. I too have been flagged.
The site owner has previously described the desired mode of operation of this forum. It is explained in the sticky thread at the top of the forum. That includes the proper use of the reporting system.
Notwithstanding all the cutesy metaphors that get rolled out to attempt to prevent posters from using the facilities as desired thevreport system is a fact of life in this forum. Railing against it has formed the Quixotic obsession of some ex~members, contributing in no small way to that status.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:08 PM
Disgruntled Member
RCWorks's Avatar
United States, OK, Anadarko
Joined Aug 2003
1,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle View Post
It provides inflated ad impressions.
Hard to do that when the ad servers are listed in my host file.

I have a red X showing that when I mouse ove says "dismiss", I have no clue as to what I am dismissing...

If they do publish such a figure it needs a name like a trader rating... "Rat Score" looks like a possibility or "Stoolie Score"... no matter you will turn a person with the high score in to the forum pariah... That may not be such a bad thing... Now I am wondering... Who has the high score???
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyCNC ProBoard...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Should the American flag be dipped at the olympics ? realtimerecon Life, The Universe, and Politics 106 Jul 30, 2012 07:23 PM
Discussion How many grams should a cool paint job cost? and other stuff TahoeDirk Hand Launch 23 Mar 30, 2012 10:19 PM
Poll Should there be a time limit on the Reporting of Posts ? init4fun Site Chat 5 Dec 24, 2010 06:34 PM
How can I make a setup that shows me how many Amps? Highlander Power Systems 3 Feb 19, 2004 12:00 AM
Subscriptions: We should be notified only once that there are new posts in a thread! Ben74 Site Chat 0 Jan 07, 2003 12:04 AM