HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:43 AM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintQytRite View Post
everything should be open and honest. reporters should be known information.
There is no value in that information. What would YOU do with it, if it were known?
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:34 PM
Borders, language & culture
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2001
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
There is no value in that information. What would YOU do with it, if it were known?
ALL information has value. The managment here provides the recent infractions list in a similar fashion.
99.9% of all the information i recieve anywhere does not invoke an action after it is processed by my brain. so whats your point?
AintQytRite is online now Find More Posts by AintQytRite
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:36 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
ALL information has value. The managment here provides the recent infractions list in a similar fashion.
99.9% of all the information i recieve anywhere does not invoke an action after it is processed by my brain. so whats your point?
That typically, those who desire that information, DO desire to perform some action based upon it. Typically, that action includes reaction to the reporting.

"Who reports who" is irrelevant. If posts were not pointable, it is not relevant who reports. If posts that are not pointable are reported, that earns its own 'reward.'

The infraction list is for our learning. What do you feel would be learned by posting the reporters list?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:27 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,724 Posts
Quote:
That typically, those who desire that information, DO desire to perform some action based upon it. Typically, that action includes reaction to the reporting.

"Who reports who" is irrelevant. If posts were not pointable, it is not relevant who reports. If posts that are not pointable are reported, that earns its own 'reward.'

The infraction list is for our learning. What do you feel would be learned by posting the reporters list?
Not unless you bother to actually find the post and learn and judge whether the point was correct or should have been appealed.

Since I don't really understand the appealing part, I just change the post when reported although I believe most of the time they shouldn't stick.

It would be quite interesting to have a link to all the post reported by those who get pointed for flagging too many post. In fact I believe that would be a big help.
LcJ is online now Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:21 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
Not unless you bother to actually find the post and learn and judge whether the point was correct or should have been appealed.

Since I don't really understand the appealing part, I just change the post when reported although I believe most of the time they shouldn't stick.

It would be quite interesting to have a link to all the post reported by those who get pointed for flagging too many post. In fact I believe that would be a big help.
The appeal process is simple. Just don't edit the infraction, and post to appeal in SS/C. It gets moved to the Appeals forum, waits 2 weeks, and gets reviewed. If you feel a warned post didn't deserve getting warned, then you SHOULD appeal it.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:38 PM
Joined Jun 2001
213 Posts
Actually those who report posts that don't break site rules should get a point for every false report they do.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:56 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Actually those who report posts that don't break site rules should get a point for every false report they do.
Why?

Given that it is a judgement call of the moderator who reviews the post, it can go either way.

If the post isn't a violation, no harm is done anywhere. Why should harm be visited upon one who reports a post?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:06 PM
Joined Jun 2001
213 Posts
Quote:
Why?

Given that it is a judgement call of the moderator who reviews the post, it can go either way.

If the post isn't a violation, no harm is done anywhere. Why should harm be visited upon one who reports a post?
Because its against the rules and petty.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:16 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
It isn't against the rules to report posts.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:16 AM
Joined Jun 2001
213 Posts
Quote:
It isn't against the rules to report posts.
Thats not what i said. I said one should get a point for every report they do that doesnt get warned as it is against rules to report posts that dont break the rules.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:51 AM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Thats not what i said. I said one should get a point for every report they do that doesnt get warned as it is against rules to report posts that dont break the rules.
It isn't against the rules to report posts that don't break the rules.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:12 AM
Joined Jun 2001
213 Posts
Quote:
It isn't against the rules to report posts that don't break the rules.
in the rules as "obnoxious reporting" you might want to refresh up on the rules.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:15 AM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
in the rules as "obnoxious reporting" you might want to refresh up on the rules.
I am well aware of that rule. But, that isn't what you described. In fact, I mentioned that rule already. Did you miss that post?

Reporting a post that does not break a rule isn't a violation. Doing this multiple times, is.

So, what you want, is a rule that does what the rule already does.

Not all infractions are 'cut and dried,' and there is always the chance (except for blatant violations) that questionable posts that get reported may not get warned. That does not make it a violation to report a post that is on the edge. All the report does, is bring the post to moderator review.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:54 AM
Joined Jun 2001
213 Posts
Quote:
I am well aware of that rule. But, that isn't what you described. In fact, I mentioned that rule already. Did you miss that post?

Reporting a post that does not break a rule isn't a violation. Doing this multiple times, is.

So, what you want, is a rule that does what the rule already does.

Not all infractions are 'cut and dried,' and there is always the chance (except for blatant violations) that questionable posts that get reported may not get warned. That does not make it a violation to report a post that is on the edge. All the report does, is bring the post to moderator review.
Im done argueing the rules with you. they are there and plain to see, easily understood by most. have a wonderful day.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:30 AM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Im done argueing the rules with you. they are there and plain to see, easily understood by most. have a wonderful day.
Yes, they are. It makes me wonder why you seem to have a misunderstanding of them.