HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:07 PM
world's slowest builder
CA
Joined Oct 2006
722 Posts
Steve...the DS94 has a 4 blade stator...forget the twisty heat sink features...get real.
Air-Jon is online now Find More Posts by Air-Jon
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:08 PM
world's slowest builder
CA
Joined Oct 2006
722 Posts
Just do it right QQheaD...not cheap. Don't let Russians down...think SU-27....not Yugo. Your fan is beautiful...now back it up!
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:11 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air-Jon View Post
l…NOT! How many people lost motors, time and planes due to CS12 90mm failures? ...
8 out of 3200 units...that was the last count iirc

Quote:
....(yet it will be marketed and evangelized by people like you as close to equal or superior) ..
Please link and quote me touting anything superior to any brand of anything ..

If you can't do such I'd like you to take this statement back.

Thank you

Quote:
... A Dynamax with the proper motor can come within 5% of a DS94HST looking at Thrust/watt.
I have not seen this in a multitude of test.

regards
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:55 PM
world's slowest builder
CA
Joined Oct 2006
722 Posts
That is 8 failures on RC Groups out of about 20 people who are flying and reporting them on RC Groups. That sample leads me to believe about 40% of the CS fans fail...the stats are worse for the CS120...with at least as many failures as successes reported on RCG.

"Please link and quote me touting anything superior to any brand of anything ..
Thank you"

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=778

Seriously!...u would recommed someone put the fan with the highest failure rate on the market into $3000+ jet????
You support and promote the use of cheap copies that have high failure rates. you present them as equal value to others asking you advice...even though you know better. This is your right...but i also have the right to question this guys fan...as this cheap fan thing is a bad trend IMO. He should be able to defend his product.

DS94HST 700, 12s peak watts 6600, 22.4 lbs thrust, 294w/lb thrust
Tams Dynamax, 12s, HET 800-68-685, peak 5990 watts, 19.0lbs thrust, 315w/lb thrust, so sorry 6% difference in watts per lb of thrust
Last edited by Air-Jon; Nov 16, 2012 at 10:04 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:05 PM
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
2,894 Posts
Very impressive fan!
You seem to be on the right track and have a very reasonably priced product.
Cheers
4stripes is offline Find More Posts by 4stripes
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some photos of the EDF fleet!
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:06 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air-Jon View Post
That is 8 failures on RC Groups out of about 20 people who are flying and reporting them on RC Groups. That sample leads me to believe about 40% of the CS fans fail...the stats are worse for the CS120...with at least as many failures as successes reported on RCG.

"Please link and quote me touting anything superior to any brand of anything ..
Thank you"

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=778

You support and promote the use of cheap copies that have high failure rates. you present them as equal value to others asking you advice...even though you know better. This is your right...but i also have the right to question this guys fan...as this cheap fan thing is a bad trend IMO. He should be able to defend his product.

DS94HST 700, 12s peak watts 6600, 22.4 lbs thrust, 294w/lb thrust
Tams Dynamax, 12s, HET 800-68-685, peak 5990 watts, 19.0lbs thrust, 315w/lb thrust, so sorry 6% difference in watts per lb of thrust
There's nothing in that link you posted where I'm saying one product is superior to another.

If you can't back up your claim about me then you should take it back, most sane people and adults deal in facts ....the other crap and obfuscations are BS

I do notice a lot on these fan threads there is a person who comes on goads others by making false claims about them and poo pooing on a persons work.

A lot of times it's to derail the thread.

Please PM me with the link and other comments

regards
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
Last edited by erh7771; Nov 16, 2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:22 PM
world's slowest builder
CA
Joined Oct 2006
722 Posts
erh7771 I was challenging the author not you. I believe my point about cheap copies and lack of quality is valid. You made the connection to the car industry to invalidate my point...where quality and value still drive the market. Let the author defend his product. You have nothing to lose by me questioning the author.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:23 PM
world's slowest builder
CA
Joined Oct 2006
722 Posts
and i said equal or superior
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:55 AM
Russian Federation, Murmanskaya oblast, Kirovsk
Joined Nov 2011
70 Posts
Guys, this is my hobby. I can not do a lot of EDF. I'm not going to make money on this, the price is only needed to support my hobby. I really hope that I get a good performance and I will be glad if my EDF will stand on your jets.
QQHeaD is offline Find More Posts by QQHeaD
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:49 AM
2014 EDF JET JAM We be Jamming
St. Louis Intl, Missouri, United States
Joined Jan 1997
6,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QQHeaD View Post
Guys, this is my hobby. I can not do a lot of EDF. I'm not going to make money on this, the price is only needed to support my hobby. I really hope that I get a good performance and I will be glad if my EDF will stand on your jets.
Great work QQHeaD. I am impressed with your skill, the fan looks great...best of luck. I didn't see any cooling holes on the mounting plate. Are they to be added later?
Kevin Cox is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Cox
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:58 AM
Russian Federation, Murmanskaya oblast, Kirovsk
Joined Nov 2011
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Cox View Post
I didn't see any cooling holes on the mounting plate. Are they to be added later?
Yes, I'll do it after the test.
QQHeaD is offline Find More Posts by QQHeaD
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:41 PM
Fremont, CA
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined Jan 2009
1,629 Posts
QQHead: Very impressive workmanship!
I suggest that you test it under more severe conditions than anyone would use it. Higher KV and higher RPM. At least 120% higher for a safety factor.
djacob7 is online now Find More Posts by djacob7
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:12 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
GOOD GRIEF, how some are so quick to judge, criticize, and destroy. Beats all I've ever seen. QQHead, i'm really interested in the numbers so please don't give up. Some of us want to know. Your fan looks great!
av8ersteve is offline Find More Posts by av8ersteve
Last edited by av8ersteve; Nov 17, 2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:37 PM
Calgary Alberta
Joined Nov 2008
103 Posts
We all could use a new fan on the market specaly for his price point. ive oned some of the best fans on the market and payed 1000$ plus for them. its nice to see somone trying to make somthing nice. keep up the good work Ill be watching closeley
bibblybob is offline Find More Posts by bibblybob
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:35 PM
Joined Jun 2012
422 Posts
I don't know about you guys but If it was me that made that CF fan from scratch, I would be very proud of my final product. I would also expect positive comments and constructive criticism, but it looks like now adays any one who makes a fan that has more than 10 blades is a fraud and a copy cat.

Funny thing is if this guy would have made a 6 blade fan, everyone would be OK with it.
PAPE is offline Find More Posts by PAPE