HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:23 AM
United States, VA, Forest
Joined May 2012
24 Posts
Discussion
Configuring ESCs and all that

Hey guys,

I'm new to flying helicopters and got mine all set up, its a quad with a kk board. When I turned everything on and pushed the throttle up a little, only one motor kicked on, then I pushed it up a little more, then another on kicked on, and so on until all four motors were on, but at different speeds of course. Would this be some setting messed up with the transmitter or something with my kk board?

Thanks,
Bradley
brm252 is offline Find More Posts by brm252
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:36 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,266 Posts
I don't know much about quads but that sounds like you need to set the throttle end points. I actually got curious how you set four ESC's at once.

http://rcexplorer.se/educational/201...x-setup-guide/

Quote:
- Make sure that the flight-controller is turned off
- Turn the Yaw pot to the MIN position
- Turn on the transmitter
- Move the throttle stick to top (full)
- Turn on the flight-controller
- Wait until the ESC’s beeps twice after the initial beeps. (Plush and SS ESC’s)
- Swiftly move the throttle stick fully down (closed). The ESC’s beeps
- Power off the flight-controller
- Restore the yaw pot to around 50%
Seems like the same procedure as a normal heli except you need to set the yaw before and after the setup.
Hajile is offline Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:40 AM
Joined May 2012
24 Posts
Cool, thanks! I'll give it a try after work tonight
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:18 PM
Joined May 2012
24 Posts
That worked! Got them all turning on at the same time, now I just need to figure out how to get them to work correctly with the roll, pitch, and yaw... haha

Thanks Hajile!