HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:39 PM
Team Performance Hobbies
upstate New York
Joined Feb 2006
81 Posts
This should be fun, hope to see you all in ohio.
Clayton.
Clayton Wheaton is offline Find More Posts by Clayton Wheaton
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:44 PM
Joined Sep 2006
178 Posts
If anyone is on the fence about flying in the event because of lack of airframe. Let me know, your more than welcome to borrow my SBModels Excel V2.
scottiesoccer1 is offline Find More Posts by scottiesoccer1
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:17 AM
Fly lower!
West Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,397 Posts
How did the contest come out? any results?

aerolite
aerolite is online now Find More Posts by aerolite
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:17 PM
Team JR
Medford, NJ
Joined Jan 2004
322 Posts
Results

Results should be attached. Contest went quite well; more details soon!
DaveL322 is offline Find More Posts by DaveL322
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:20 PM
Late
Lebanon, OH
Joined Oct 2003
301 Posts
At the bottom of this page from Saturday's photos I included some contest pictures

http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=79139

sorry about being mobile, I will post some pictures here once I am at my computer
Hubb is offline Find More Posts by Hubb
Last edited by Hubb; Dec 11, 2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:25 PM
Team JR
Medford, NJ
Joined Jan 2004
322 Posts
Wrapup

Firstly, a bunch of thanks -

To Tony Husak and the whole MARCs crew for not only welcoming the F3P to be a part of HEF, but for their full support of the event. They put on a first class event and it was great to be included in it.

To Scott Smith, the author of the "Master Scoring" software utilized for the event. Scott originally designed the program for the US Pattern NATs, and was able to make some additions / updates to include the F3P pattern and aeromusical. Very powerful and easy to use program. Highly recommended.

To Bob Brown and Dave Mathewson for their support from the AMA side.

To Jim Quinn, NSRCA President, for support from the NSRCA side (National Society of Radio Control Aerobatics; the SIG that is heavily involved with FAI F3A pattern).

To the judges -
Mark Radcliff; former US F3A Team member for 75, 77, 79, and 81 in which years the US won the Team trophy and Mark finished as high as 3rd.
Mark Atwood – current F3A pilot and 2013 F3A Team Manager.
Dave Mathewson – former pattern pilot and current ED at AMA.
Tim Jesky – not only is he AJs Dad, but a very experienced contest manager and judge.

Tim and Dave also helped out with scribing when not judging.

Thanks also go to Arron Bates for the trophy design and RJ Gritter for the trophy production, and TNT for lending an ETOC qualifier spot to the highest placing AM pilot (not previously participating in ETOC).

While a smattering of F3P style contests have occured in past years in various areas (PA, TX, TN, KS, IL), I think the largest (24 pilots) was the KIEF F3P contest in PA, which was not held the past 2 years due to the loss of the venue. On short notice (less than 3 weeks), HEF F3P was organized by myself and Devin McGrath, with help from the aforementioned people/groups, and 20 pilots completed a total of 84 flights, in a little over 6 hours. Easily twice that number of flights were completed during practice on Friday and Saturday morning. Our hope is to make the event annual, and continue to promote and grow F3P in the US such that the US can field a strong F3P Team for the 2015 World Championships.

Thanks again to everyone that helped make this event happen, and any thoughts/ideas to make the event better in the future are welcome.

Regards,

Dave
DaveL322 is offline Find More Posts by DaveL322
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:28 PM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Oct 2005
17 Posts
Thanks for report and pictures Dave.
Congratulations to everyone involved.
Xavier Mouraux is offline Find More Posts by Xavier Mouraux
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:44 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveL322 View Post
And FAI - AP13.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CewaTUUwOYw

As with Sportsman and Intermediate, takeoff and landing will not be judged, but aircraft in AP13 must have functional landing gear / skids.

Regards,

Dave
Hi Dave,
Long time since we spoke hope all is well with you and your family please extend my warmest wishes for a safe, healthy, and awesome holiday season. I was watching your video's in the hangar and again I was kicking myself for not being there to watch you fly. For those that have never seen Dave flying in person, the videos are good but they really don't do Dave justice, as his flying is like watching aerial art work. Dave flies with such precision, smooth and crisp, it's absolutely amazing, hopefully I will catch up with you at the hanger one of these days. I was wondering what plane you were flying and what equipment ie: motor, esc, servos, battery, and all up weight, also what are the planes spec's, weight,wing span, length, and so forth. is this one of those sub 5 oz models? not that it matters as you could make a brick with a motor dance in the air. I remember watching you fly at Allaire when you used to practice for the pattern comps, and I was amazed then and awestruck now!!! It is inspiring to watch you fly, awesome flying buddy. Anyway to my point, I now represent Beacon Adhesives, mainly Foam-Tac for now and would like to speak with you about our products, if I PM you my phone # would please call me when you have time? I am available every night between 6:00 and 9:00 pm.

Regards to you and yours,
Eric G
Account Exec
Beacon Adhesives
Eric Giorgiantonio is offline Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:10 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
17,105 Posts
Sub 5 ounces?

If Dave's F3P model was over 3 ounces, then it was not by much

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:03 PM
Joined Oct 2006
290 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures Dave, they're great ! I'm glad that you had a succesful event and we would love to do it again. --Marc
themudduck is offline Find More Posts by themudduck