HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:23 PM
Nitro! collect them all.
United States, NY, Brentwood
Joined Jan 2008
246 Posts
I have not tried out yet but when I get the chance I will. The valve was tapped into place and I did put gasket goop. If it does not work and it leaks. I would have to solder with a % of lead in it that will help stick to aluminum and brass. ( I was told )
malcabro racer is offline Find More Posts by malcabro racer
Last edited by malcabro racer; Jan 29, 2013 at 08:00 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:19 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcabro racer View Post
I have not tried out yet but when I get the chance I will. The valve has been tap and I Put gasket goop. Otherwize I would have to solder.
Nice
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:26 AM
Nitro! collect them all.
Joined Jan 2008
246 Posts
Thank you. If any body wants a $10 discount for posting or emailing these photos to that website I don't mind. Is yours. Got to be quick, Is your lucky chance.
I dont know if it will work in other bikes but I was lucky with the TT999. The engine upper mounting got in the way, So I had to grid 2 Notches off the valve. I did change the original tubing it came with. It was too hard and stiff. The blue tubing is more flexible. I hope there is no air leaks. ( If test trying the original tubing, You'll be pulling it out with your teeth)
Last edited by malcabro racer; Jan 31, 2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:21 AM
Nitro! collect them all.
Joined Jan 2008
246 Posts
I did fit the bike with the telemetry monitoring from the Spektrum radio. The RPM cable (green arrow). It is very tight down there and bends the cable and it touches the gas tank. I hope the vibration does not brake the soldering connection.
The temperature cable (red arrow).

I have been reading the manual for the Spectrum DX3S that I have and it has a fail safe that is set when programing the servos the first time in case of loosing signal. My concern still the servo reverser.
Last edited by malcabro racer; Feb 07, 2013 at 07:38 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:48 AM
From a Different Planet!
Lagrange, Ohio
Joined Jun 2005
1,026 Posts
I was told these "bottles" were for quicker throttle response. On our full size 2 stroke quads we added them for just that. Heres how it was explained to me that they work....................

During deceleration the bottle gets charged with a small amount of gas and air mixture. As soon as the throttle is cracked again it sucks that into the motor instantly and gives you that crisp instant throttle response.

All that said, these engines are so small and rev so quick I doubt you will notice any difference in performance. I'm sure it would help but to what degree is the question. Just my 2 cents.
edge_pilot is offline Find More Posts by edge_pilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My 2 favorite everyday flyers!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:36 PM
Nitro! collect them all.
Joined Jan 2008
246 Posts
Well !!! ...humm ...The degree is that.
I just did it for my own amusement to fulfill my table of curiosity. Seeing so many products out there and looking at these models. I thought what can I do to make it stand out from others and will it work as it does in presentation and performance. Areas where I aim with my models. (Looks and reliability)
Is hidden pretty well to avoid any misconception even tho I was gonna put it in the rider's back but is too cool for me
Throttle junkie thinks is nnnNice It may end up as a computer background as I have done.
I have done a lot of work on the fairing and saddle too. Opening vents, putting grill mesh where it goes like in the original size Ducati. Adding tiny screws from eyeglasses repair kits to the windshield.
Is .. EYE CANDY.!! for those who appreciate THE DETAIL that I enjoy so much in scale models that won't go unnotice to anybody who have never seen one up close.

So here. Get close and raise your cup and let me put a quarter in it. I got a lot of change in my pocket today.
Last edited by malcabro racer; Jan 29, 2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:56 PM
From a Different Planet!
Lagrange, Ohio
Joined Jun 2005
1,026 Posts
Anybody in racing bikes has to be a guy who likes to tinker. They seam to be more mechanical and setup than actual runtime. This is the area I like about the bikes, I like the mechanical end of them, this is why I also fly helis. I can completely understand where you come from when you say "I just did it for my own amusement to fulfill my table of curiosity". You are talking to a guy that built a Banshee twin cyclinder, 2 stroke quad that ran on alcohol and was Nitrous injected. Its all about the fun you yourself gets out of it, makes it all worth it in the end.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:49 PM
Nitro! collect them all.
Joined Jan 2008
246 Posts
edge_pilot do you have a photo of that quad?
The thing with these bikes is that there is not much we can do with such a limited space. I'm surprise it worked without throwing it off balance or me messing up somewhere along the way.
The other option I mention earlier with the nitrous., Is way to big and heavy and somehow it just doesn't look right.!! and the $200 price tag is not appealing either.
Last edited by malcabro racer; Jan 31, 2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:50 PM
From a Different Planet!
Lagrange, Ohio
Joined Jun 2005
1,026 Posts
Yea, I do have pictures. I will dig a few up and post them.

I had Nitrous on a street/show car and the Yamaha Banshee quad. If it does to these little bikes like it did to both of mine it would be undriveable anyways. The car I couldn't even use it until 2nd gear (automatic) and the quad was on and off until third gear with me setting almost on the gas tank. To say it adds some horsepower is an understatement. I have a full scale sport bike now I thought of adding it to but not crazy about road rash.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:26 AM
Nitro! collect them all.
Joined Jan 2008
246 Posts
The road rash. LOL!!! I tried to stay away from full size bikes. I had a near crippling experience when I was very, very young and the reminder on my back that has stretch during my adulthood leaving something to think about but I rarely do as I can't see it unless a have a mirror to reflect on it.

...BUT. I have a pedestal space in my toy room for this one exception.
I like the stage 3 option if you guys scroll down.

http://www.pocketbikesunlimited.com/BIG-BORE-CAG.html
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:19 AM
From a Different Planet!
Lagrange, Ohio
Joined Jun 2005
1,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcabro racer View Post
The road rash. LOL!!! I tried to stay away from full size bikes. I had a near crippling experience when I was very, very young and the reminder on my back that has stretch during my adulthood leaving something to think about but I rarely do as I can't see it unless a have a mirror to reflect on it.

...BUT. I have a pedestal space in my toy room for this one exception.
I like the stage 3 option if you guys scroll down.

http://www.pocketbikesunlimited.com/BIG-BORE-CAG.html

I wish I had pictures of my pocket bike!!!!! Yes it had nitrous, just a single shot system, big bore carb, tuned pipe, big bore piston kit, Nothing like going 60 mph with your toes dragging the ground. I sold that before something bad happened as well. The first guy I let take it for a ride couldn't get his money out of his wallet fast enough to give me. Sure is nice to see I am not the only horsepower junky in these forums.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:26 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
If it's one thing I love, it's the scaled detail look on anything rc! You have to post pics!
I love racing the little well midbikes or minimoto as some people call it. Yes at my age these bikes are a little safer for me. Though i've seen some racers break bones in really bad crashes myself included but never ended up in icu.
Pics of it without fairings on. The bike is capaple of 80mph and will get there pretty quickly. As of right now it's geared for 60mph and you really have to be careful with the throttle.lol
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:38 PM
From a Different Planet!
Lagrange, Ohio
Joined Jun 2005
1,026 Posts
Thats a sweet little bike. Yours is definately a higher grade to start with than mine was. Mine at 60mph felt unsafe, the front end wobbled. 80mph on yours would be a blast, on the track of course.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:35 PM
From a Different Planet!
Lagrange, Ohio
Joined Jun 2005
1,026 Posts
Heres some pictures of my Yamaha Banshee, alcohol burning, nitrous injected.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by edge_pilot; Dec 25, 2013 at 05:46 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:28 PM
Nitro! collect them all.
Joined Jan 2008
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swheels View Post
If it's one thing I love, it's the scaled detail look on anything rc! You have to post pics!
Is 100% aluminum contour mesh ( AMACO WireForm ). I only used just a few scissor snips. I found it in one of my wife's trip to her Arts & Craft store.
I usually go ina dummy mode while she shops and I like to glance around at round soft objects if they bend my way. NICE CLEAVAGES discrectly. . to ease my burden.