HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:29 AM
Old Git.
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Nov 2012
5 Posts
Discussion
35mHz Tx for Night Ranger 3D

Hi, folks. I've recently gotten hold of a Night Ranger 3D electric heli, and my first thought was to use my 6x Futaba with it. I didn't have a Tx xtal on the installed Rx frequency, so I changed both to Futaba xtals.
The Tx signals aren't enjoyed by the receiver. At all.
My question... can these generic Chinese receivers be used with another transmitter? I'm thinking that the Rx might need to keep it's OEM xtal, and I'd just need to obtain a Futaba xtal of the same frequency.
My experience is limited to aircraft, and I've recently been forced into helis. So far, with an FP Heliguy Atom, it's been really fun. Learning in your lounge! How easy is that?
This thing, though, is bigger, and CP, and I've no doubt I've a big learning curve ahead of me.

I'm just off to fleabay to price up spare blades...
Skysurfer_uk is offline Find More Posts by Skysurfer_uk
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:39 AM
Complete RC Idiot Savant
The Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,768 Posts
You wouldn't want to take risks with a CP heli bigger than a 250 size, so please get a decent extra receiver, or fit one from your (possibly obsolete) planes....

Brgds, Bert
Brutus1967 is online now Find More Posts by Brutus1967
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:11 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skysurfer_uk View Post
Hi, folks. I've recently gotten hold of a Night Ranger 3D electric heli, and my first thought was to use my 6x Futaba with it. I didn't have a Tx xtal on the installed Rx frequency, so I changed both to Futaba xtals.
The Tx signals aren't enjoyed by the receiver. At all.
My question... can these generic Chinese receivers be used with another transmitter? I'm thinking that the Rx might need to keep it's OEM xtal, and I'd just need to obtain a Futaba xtal of the same frequency.
My experience is limited to aircraft, and I've recently been forced into helis. So far, with an FP Heliguy Atom, it's been really fun. Learning in your lounge! How easy is that?
This thing, though, is bigger, and CP, and I've no doubt I've a big learning curve ahead of me.

I'm just off to fleabay to price up spare blades...
The Night Ranger 3D is actually a re labeled, old Walkera model. If memory serves me correctly, its a Walkera #52 and its only going to work with a Walkera TX unless you you pull the RX and set it up with something that matches your current TX. It's not worth putting any real money into it.........that was not a great model when it was released and requires many upgrades to fly only decent at best.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Last edited by Xrayted; Nov 16, 2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:36 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,471 Posts
The old Walkera protocol is not compatible with Futaba. Odds of finding a 35 mhz, 6 channel TX / RX combo, are very small. They have not been made in years.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14