HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:58 AM
Joined Jan 2012
36 Posts
Discussion
Piper Pawnee Kit ??

Hi,

I'm looking for this winters project, and have decided i want to build a Pawnee.

There are some ARFs out there, but i want a kit! I don't have the nescesarry tools to build from scrach, but i'm looking for a nice kit.

I have found one kit http://www.gliderworkshop.com/kit-sc...4-scale-kit-s/ but it is a little bit too big.
I'm thinking span around 2m, and a nice four-stroke in the nose. I tought goldberg did a pawnee, but i'm not able to find it.

Any tips??
Anyone tried the mentioned kit?? It is an alternative, if i don't find anything smaller.

Thanks,
kevin
KevInTheSky is offline Find More Posts by KevInTheSky
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:33 PM
love croppys
Coolgardie western australia
Joined Mar 2006
183 Posts
Try the hangar 9 pawnee it is a arf or you could get the plans for a 80 inch w/s from
airborne magazine they are a good set of plans
musterpilot is offline Find More Posts by musterpilot
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:59 PM
Surrey B.C. Canada
Joined Nov 2000
227 Posts
Musterpilot, Can you tell me a little more about the Airborne plan. Is is scale, stand off, or stand way off?
I 've been looking for a nice set of Pawnee plans right about that size. I was going to go with New Zealand Aero Products but I could be convinced to try the Airborne plans.
Kevin, You can get wing kits for some of the J-3 kits. The wing chord's are usually not scale width but you could size a plan to fit a wing chord and with a kit be half way there. That is what I was thinking of doing anyway.
David Pentland is offline Find More Posts by David Pentland
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:20 AM
Surrey B.C. Canada
Joined Nov 2000
227 Posts
http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/search.asp?k=Piper+Pawnee

http://www.trapletshop.com/gb/search?q=PIPER+PAWNEE

These are the only other plans I know of. They might help you.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:33 AM
Joined Jan 2012
36 Posts
OK, thanks guys!
If anyone know of other crop-duster kits out there, im greatfull for the tips.

I guess i'll go with the above mentioned kit then, even if it is a litte too big.
I tried to send them an e-mail with some questions, but i haven't heard anything yet.
Does anyone have any experience with this store? What kind of delivery-time can i expect? Quality of the kit?

Thanks guys!

kevin
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:50 PM
love croppys
Joined Mar 2006
183 Posts
David
Here is a few photos of the Airborne plans
I had to take them in sections as the plans are very large
you can make this model into the 150 pawnee or the 235 pawnee
the h9 undercarrage would work great for this and the cowel from the h9 also

John
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:41 AM
Joined Jan 2012
36 Posts
Hmm looks like i'll start my first form-completely-scratch build then after all....

Does the plan include information of what material to use on the different parts, and what tickness?
Will i be able to figure out the hard-ware part of it as well (engine installation, servo/linkage position and so on)
I guess there is alot more thinking to do than the regular pre-made kits, but i'll give it a shot.
The plans are not that expensive, so why not right...

Any tips or recourses would be buch appreciated!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:10 PM
love croppys
Joined Mar 2006
183 Posts
The plans are very easy to work with if you have had experience building from scratch the only thing that I changed on the plan was the plywood sides I changed them from 4mm to 3mm all sections of the plans show you what size you need
good luck with the build and let us all know how you go

John
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:57 PM
Surrey B.C. Canada
Joined Nov 2000
227 Posts
Thanks for going to the trouble of posting those pictures musterpilot. I think I'll order myself a set of those plans. I had reduced a set of 1/4 scale plans but they were a little vague in places and one I started I decided I'd taken on a little to much.