HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Taget, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:02 PM
United States, MI, Marquette
Joined Dec 2010
208 Posts
Build Log
Building my first CNC router !

Today i received my Bluumaxx CNC router kit. This will be my first foray into CNC and this kit seemed to me like it would be a good fit. So far assembly is pretty straight forward and none to complicated. Shawn from Bluumaxx provides some 3D PDF files that allow you to rotate around and zoom in on all the parts so you can find there placement and bolts required.

The table is made of 3/4" mdf per the recommendations of the kit maker. The supports underneath are PVC and help to keep the table uniform all around.

The power box will house (2) 12 volt computer power supplies wired to produce 24 volts. Being a computer technician means i tend to have a lot of these kinds of parts laying around so i figured i would re-purpose them. That and i have an over abundance of printer cables, so a source for wiring this whole thing together will not be a problem.
Taget is offline Find More Posts by Taget
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:15 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
Do you need BMS system? Very professional

I think I find the right people now, we supply quite good BMS system for more than 10 years,hope can help you,www.szcoresun.com
wiseman tech is offline Find More Posts by wiseman tech
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:42 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,475 Posts
The stage looks small. What are it's dimensions? I've been wanting a CNC forever but I'd like to get one large enough to run 2 foot by 4 foot foam through and the expense of something that size prohibits my getting one, not to mention I don't have a garage or shed to work in.
dedStik is online now Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:38 PM
United States, MI, Marquette
Joined Dec 2010
208 Posts
the table is 16 x 24 and the usable cut area is 12 x 17. It is small, but its a start. I didn't want to throw down a ton of money in the learning process, so i opted for this machine. The kit is from bluumaxcnc.com and cost 430 dollars. I had to provide the mdf for the bed, some all thread for suspending the table, 24 volt power supply and a dremel. The assemble has been a snap with only 2 minor problems, 1.) there was a nut missing and 2.) one of the support brackets hadn't been taped. Neither of these i felt were a big issue, i figured if i couldn't handle tapping one bracket i probably shouldn't have the machine to begin with

Dont get me wrong i would love a huge machine. But learning on a big machine means when things break they cost more to fix.

I am hoping that once i get my skills up i can get the BlackFoot from buildyourcnc.com (4x8 cutting area)

Cheers
Taget is offline Find More Posts by Taget