HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:51 PM
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
Discussion
eLogger v4 wouldn't recognize GPS or OSD Pro

I just bought Eagle Tree kit. I connected everything as per instruction manual.

When I connect eLogger to my PC using USB cabel only eLogger is detected by the software. GPS and OSD are not detected. I can see video on my Goggle overlayed by the OSD. On the GPS I can see flashing light (not too fast or too slow)

When I run the software in live mode GPS or OSD are detected. What do I do now?
shaonss is offline Find More Posts by shaonss
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:01 PM
Never left one up there yet...
Canada, BC, Campbell River
Joined Jun 2009
98 Posts
Hi there.

Did you resolve your connection issue?

Reason I ask is I just received a new Pro system with an altitude module and had the same issue when I hooked everything up. Could not get the computer to recognise the OSD Pro module. I unhooked and rehooked everything a few times. Then I remembered I had read somewhere on someone else's totally different and unrelated system that if you updated Java, everything was cool. So I did and voila.....all of the components were recognised and I updated the whole kit and caboodle.

Coincidence?? Don't know but now it is all working and being recognised. I just tried it again and it's all working like it should. FWIW, I never update anything that has to do with ancillary programs that pop up on my screen.

Cheers

MJ
mdjohnson is offline Find More Posts by mdjohnson
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:11 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
shaonss, when you see video overlayed by the OSD, does it show the main screen with data, or just the startup screen with the Eagle logo?

I am sure you've already verified this, but is there a chance the OSD and GPS connections are reversed? The GPS goes on top of the eLogger, and the OSD connects to the bottom row of pins on the elogger (label is on top).

Note that the flashing light on the GPS just means that the GPS has not yet gotten a fix. You'll probably need to be outdoors for that to work.

MJ, that's surprising. Not sure how the Java installation would affect things.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:05 PM
Never left one up there yet...
Canada, BC, Campbell River
Joined Jun 2009
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
shaonss, when you see video overlayed by the OSD, does it show the main screen with data, or just the startup screen with the Eagle logo?

I am sure you've already verified this, but is there a chance the OSD and GPS connections are reversed? The GPS goes on top of the eLogger, and the OSD connects to the bottom row of pins on the elogger (label is on top).

Note that the flashing light on the GPS just means that the GPS has not yet gotten a fix. You'll probably need to be outdoors for that to work.

MJ, that's surprising. Not sure how the Java installation would affect things.
It seemed a bit odd when I read it too and I think it was to do with a DJI product not being recognised by a computer. I thought....oh WTH, I'll try it and to my surprise it seemed to work. It may have been coincidence though as I did wiggle everything quite a bit. I tried connecting just the OSD directly to the eLogger instead of daisy chaining it to the baro module but still no joy. I downloaded the new Java update and then daisy chained the OSD to the baro as I had it before and it worked. My computer recognised everything and continues to do so!! As I say, my Java was probably a long time out of date (a couple of years?) as I never go for the updates as they are presented when I turn on the 'puter. My tech says if everything is working, just leave it as is.

Weird but it may be worth a shot for those who are having connection issues.

Thanks for being proactive on this site Bill. It is very much appreciated.

Cheers

MJ
mdjohnson is offline Find More Posts by mdjohnson
Last edited by mdjohnson; Nov 20, 2012 at 10:14 PM.