HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:52 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2008
944 Posts
Discussion
RCLander new 50mm 10blades rotors DPS 4S version edf

Dear all,

This is our new series 50mm size 10 blades rotor DPS edf set. It will be come with new powerful motor B2040 /3300kv - 10 blades rotor with aluminum spinner & metal housing.. The total weight of this unit with motor is 97g.. The thrust power is able up to 650g/ 27A /4S. BTW, it can be allowed to take higher C ratio lipo (45C)to operate for meeting the peak performance. The sound is so amazing...

it will be ready for launching on or before early of December.

Best regards,
Tim
Tim Wan is offline Find More Posts by Tim Wan
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:52 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2011
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wan View Post
Dear all,

This is our new series 50mm size 10 blades rotor DPS edf set. It will be come with new powerful motor B2040 /3300kv - 10 blades rotor with aluminum spinner & metal housing.. The total weight of this unit with motor is 97g.. The thrust power is able up to 650g/ 27A /4S. BTW, it can be allowed to take higher C ratio lipo (45C)to operate for meeting the peak performance. The sound is so amazing...

it will be ready for launching on or before early of December.

Best regards,
Tim

Wow, great news.
Will it come as a whole unit with motor and pre-balanced from the factory ?
Thanks.
...
flylow2011 is offline Find More Posts by flylow2011
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:58 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2008
944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow2011 View Post
Wow, great news.
Will it come as a whole unit with motor and pre-balanced from the factory ?
Thanks.
...
Hi flylow2011,.

yes it is come as a whole unit with motor and well balanced before shipping.
hereby, thanks for your interesting of our products.

best regards,
Tim
Tim Wan is offline Find More Posts by Tim Wan
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:02 AM
Registered User
United States, AR, Jacksonville
Joined Jul 2004
397 Posts
Tim, would you please confirm the outer diameters of the fan and the housing?
Whiskey Whiskey is online now Find More Posts by Whiskey Whiskey
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:14 AM
KK6MQJ
Bajora's Avatar
Joined Sep 2004
13,605 Posts
Very interesting looking EDF unit Tim. LOVE the sound of the higher blade count rotors! And very nice photos by the way. I look forward to seeing how this unit performs.
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:33 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2011
1,103 Posts
Thanks Tim.

I wonder if you are planing to make 10 blade 60mm, 10 blade 64mm too?
that would be great :-)
flylow2011 is offline Find More Posts by flylow2011
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:25 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2008
944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow2011 View Post
Thanks Tim.

I wonder if you are planing to make 10 blade 60mm, 10 blade 64mm too?
that would be great :-)
Hi flylow2011,

10blades 64mm is already launched into market.. LEDFDPS10B64-1A33.
Pls visit our website for further information. 10blades for 60mm will be come soon just waiting for the new series motor sample for testing...

Thanks again your interesting of our products.

Best regards,
tim
Tim Wan is offline Find More Posts by Tim Wan
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:16 AM
Registered User
United States, AR, Jacksonville
Joined Jul 2004
397 Posts
Thanks for not answering my question about the diameters. If you recall, Hobby King advertised your last 5 blade "50mm" EDF as a drop-in upgrade for 50mm EDF models. There were a lot of disappointed customers when they found it was too big to install without fuselage material removal.

Now how about comforting us and answer my question:

What are the diameters of the fan and housing?
Whiskey Whiskey is online now Find More Posts by Whiskey Whiskey
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:13 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2008
944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Whiskey View Post
Thanks for not answering my question about the diameters. If you recall, Hobby King advertised your last 5 blade "50mm" EDF as a drop-in upgrade for 50mm EDF models. There were a lot of disappointed customers when they found it was too big to install without fuselage material removal.

Now how about comforting us and answer my question:

What are the diameters of the fan and housing?
Hi Whiskey,
Our new 50mm 10blades rotor version diameters as below:
Lips position outside diam = 58.20mm
Inside diam = 51.50
Housing outside diam = 52.70mm
Length included of lips = 35.72mm

Thanks,
Tim
Tim Wan is offline Find More Posts by Tim Wan
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:37 PM
Registered User
chester2240's Avatar
United States, CO, Westminster
Joined Jul 2011
575 Posts
so alittle bit of moding not to bad how much will these be going for?
chester2240 is offline Find More Posts by chester2240
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:27 PM
Registered User
United States, AR, Jacksonville
Joined Jul 2004
397 Posts
Thank you Tim, especially for how you handled my nudge.
Whiskey Whiskey is online now Find More Posts by Whiskey Whiskey
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:57 PM
Mike
miketre's Avatar
Joined Dec 2010
750 Posts
Nice! Looking forward to hear the whoosh!

Will there be a counter rotating version of this?
miketre is offline Find More Posts by miketre
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:50 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2011
1,103 Posts
thanks tim;

looks like there will be some great products from rclander for Christmas then :-)
flylow2011 is offline Find More Posts by flylow2011
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:04 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2011
1,103 Posts
Hi Tim;

do you have any video testing on this unit?
I would love to see and hear the sound of it...


Thx
flylow2011 is offline Find More Posts by flylow2011
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:45 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2008
944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow2011 View Post
Hi Tim;

do you have any video testing on this unit?
I would love to see and hear the sound of it...


Thx
Hi flyow2011,

I have flew it with 50mm A4 that is so great and very nice sound effect. but i am no camera for recording.. Anyway I will do it again asap for sharing with all of you.
The following is a bench testing video for sharing.
RCLander new 50mm 10blades rotor edf (1 min 43 sec)


Thanks,
Tim
Tim Wan is offline Find More Posts by Tim Wan
Last edited by Tim Wan; Nov 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Add testing video
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log LX A-10 W/New rclander 72mm dps edf units & new electric rclander metal retracts olwarbirds Foamy EDFs 2136 Jun 03, 2014 08:16 PM
Discussion New series EDF LEDFDPS64-1A33 4S/.10 blades rotor version Tim Wan Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 2 Oct 05, 2012 11:45 PM
Sold RCLander DPS 68mm EDF for 4S NEW! baddb1 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 4 Aug 27, 2012 03:39 PM
Sold 2 New RCLander 72mm DPS 6S Aluminum EDFs alexandermh Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 5 Jul 02, 2012 08:47 AM
Sold (3) RCLander DPS 68mm EDF for 4S alexandermh Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 11 Jun 26, 2012 05:15 PM